What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

peep

CF Legend
It might be perspective, but those openings look terribly small!
The shape of them seem really odd too. Do we even know what style of trains this will have?

I love how weird and mysterious this thing is. I want to know more!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The shape of them seem really odd too. Do we even know what style of trains this will have?
I don't think we've seen anything hinting at the form of the train. Although to be perfectly honest this has been dragging on so long I may just have forgotten!

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I don't think we've seen anything hinting at the form of the train. Although to be perfectly honest this has been dragging on so long I may just have forgotten!

I haven’t noticed anything about trains yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Not the specific ones, but I think we'll see some similar configuration as these:

That would make sense with the size of the openings. I did see a reach envelope testing car at one point and it did look similar to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but I have exciting news about Mission Ferrari... according to Screamscape, testing may have begun! Here's what Lance had to say on the matter:
Screamscape said:
2018 - Mission Ferrari (SFX Coaster) - (8/29/18) Good news for the Ferrari World theme park, as it looks as if the long-in-development Mission Ferrari SFX coaster project is now being tested. Photos of the exposed section of track visible in the park now show wheel markings that would normally indicate some kind of early testing is taking place, though likely after hours and well out of sight of the park guests. Follow the link to see some of the latest photos of the ride and entrance area taken last week. Still no word from the park on an official opening date just yet.
Exciting times! Could an opening be imminent?
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/ferrari_world.htm
and the Theme Park Guide link with the pictures on it: https://www.themeparkguide.biz/news-page/1489/Ferrari-World-Mission-Ferrari

peep

CF Legend
I'm going in a couple of weeks so this is totally going to open once I'm flying back home.

Cred anxiety levels rise

Pear

Strata Poster
Looks like this thing has tested

03kVbVD.png

06b70cd4ca3dc695fd903accd8398dc2.png

Skip to about 13:55 in this video:

peep

CF Legend
Interesting to finally see what the cars look like. Still weird how little information there is about this thing and when it'll open.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So they started construction in 2014, and began testing in 2018. A process that, for the sake of argument, normally takes one year took four.

At this rate, the usual six months of testing and commissioning will take two years.

Opening 2020, anyone...?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Still, no [visible] progress in another two months is pretty mad.

My prediction above might not be far off... :p