What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Regular trains... I'm guessing that means similar to Nefeskesen/Red Fire/Altair CCW.
Can one of the group who went to Cinecitta this year comment on the trains specifically? I haven't been on the new style lapbar trains yet.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven't been to Cinecitta, but I've ridden the same coaster in China.

The new trains, in comparison to the older 10-inversion coasters, are fantastic. I'd have to put it right up there with my favourite "traditional" loopers.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
If someone wanted to call the Flying Aces loop inverting, I wouldn't stop them. The heartline entry looks nearly identical to B&M wing coaster dive drops, which we do consider an inversion.

965335_10201059096976735_1185722218_o.jpg

IMG_8617_zps5eb51ad5.jpg

As for tallest loop - well we only really track tallest vertical loop (currently Full Throttle at 160 ft/49 m). If Ferrari were to consider the loop an inversion, they could actually claim it to be the tallest inversion in the world (tying Gatekeeper, which also measures 170 ft/52 m).

To say it's the tallest loop? Yeah, you could qualify that. I just get the feeling that there is a very purposeful reason to not call this an inverting loop, as the case could easily be made otherwise.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hyde said:
As for tallest loop - well we only really track tallest vertical loop (currently Full Throttle at 160 ft/49 m). If Ferrari were to consider the loop an inversion, they could actually claim it to be the tallest inversion in the world (tying Gatekeeper, which also measures 170 ft/52 m).

To say it's the tallest loop? Yeah, you could qualify that. I just get the feeling that there is a very purposeful reason to not call this an inverting loop, as the case could easily be made otherwise.

Not to be picky but Lightning is the tallest vertical loop at 50m :p
Unless you don't count it unless its open.. then Full Throttle is for another week or so.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
OK,

Here we go.

these are construction photos that I took 2 weeks ago. The park asked me not to post them until a local newspaper had done an exclusive.

I have waited and have not had any response from the park so here are the photos.

I will be down there again on sunday so will update with more then

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Cheers Dave.

Corkscrew is real, 2nd to last element, fantastic! On both the initial drop and the heartloop the track goes below street level and there isn't much clearance so unfortunately what Andrus says about standard trains looks to be correct.

Loads of overbanks and airtime, can't wait to see some testing shots.

andrus

Giga Poster
DelPiero said:
On both the initial drop and the heartloop the track goes below street level and there isn't much clearance so unfortunately what Andrus says about standard trains looks to be correct.
Well, I don't know why we shouldn't trust the Intamin official I asked. He should know, and I don't see any reason for him to lie (then better to just not say anything at all).

But what speaks for winged trains is the double catwalk along the lifthill, which is present on Skyrush as well. Can't remember any other Intamin with a double catwalk?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The lifthill is the only thing which made me doubt the info mate, nothing to do with your source.
And of course the fact that I really really really really really want it to have them.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Someone's made an unofficial POV. Can't comment on the accuracy, but the layout looks like it'll be pretty great! Just a shame it won't have the wide trains...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgJiTmUL4c[/youtube]

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ It's near enough correct, but there are two large airtime hills not just one, the NL recreation's first hill is wrong, as the banking finishes way before the crest of the hill. I also think the inversion will be a lot more snappy than they recreated.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It's been manufactured sine what? March? It's just now showing up. I thought the project was dead.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk