What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

Lofty

CF Legend
miscellaneous-theme-park-projects-73.jpeg

Definitely not an inversion, mainly because its a 'non-inverting loop'...

miscellaneous-theme-park-projects-72.jpeg

Also, that drop. Wow.

Does anybody know the official height of this?

spicy

Giga Poster
I think this will definately have sky rush trains any other train wouldn't look right on that track style..

And that loop is pure awesome. It's strange as it kind of pulls out into a dive loop which inverts you. Either way there's going to be many a discussion whether that is an inversion or not..

Where's Furie with the inversion diagram :lol:

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
This is going to be amazing. The drop looks like it'll get some sustained airtime, and the airtime hill after the loop must get close to -2 gs. Is the layout or a virtual pov up?

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
This is going to be amazing. The drop looks like it'll get some sustained airtime, and the airtime hill after the loop must get close to -2 gs. Is the layout or a virtual pov up?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That drop looks extremely similar to Skyrush's which isn't a bad thing in any way, shape, or form. I could see that non-inverting loop providing some really aggressive whipping on the wing seats as well! I still think Skyrush looks better, though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Stop talking about if the non-inverting loop is an inversion or not, before furie breaks out the chart! :razz:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Neat image from the park's Facebook, which confirms in my eyes that there is definitely no inversion there...

12068990_10153567948487088_1791567563784583708_o.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'd say it confirms an inversion. But the corkscrew later on in the track. You can see it between the bottom of the supports in the right side of the non inverting loop

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Furie is going to get the chart if y'all don't stop.

Edit: Didn't see corkscrew. But wow! A corkscrew on SkyRush trains! An INTAMIN corkscrew! This is going to be amazing.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Temleh

Mega Poster
roomraider said:
I'd say it confirms an inversion. But the corkscrew later on in the track. You can see it between the bottom of the supports in the right side of the non inverting loop

I see it too... Just! Definitely looks like a Corkscrew is hiding back there!

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I am not convinced that it's a corkscrew, I had a look at close the other day and it certainly looks like corkscrew type of layout but I don't think it actually is I think it's just over banked turns. I have some photos that are not allowed to post them yet. Will do as soon as I can

Okay, just had another look and there is certainly something in there which looks a little bit like a corkscrew but isn't.

If I don't get permission to post the photos in the next couple of days I will attempt to draw my own chart of what type of inversion it is, or even if it is an inversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
JoshC. said:
Neat image from the park's Facebook, which confirms in my eyes that there is definitely no inversion there...

12068990_10153567948487088_1791567563784583708_o.jpg
No, but it's damn close... :lol:

speedmonster42.jpg

I've been looking at these two pictures side-by-side and I think the only difference is that the train starts the roll a little earlier on Flying Aces than on Speed Monster, but there's not a lot in it. So much so that I suspect if you took a photo of the train in the same position it might be hard to tell the difference between them. I think the same is sort of true for Rip Ride Rockit too (I know the shaping is different for Flying Aces/HRRR, but it's only really the top section that differs, not so much the exit of the loop into the roll):

500px-Hollywood_Rip_Ride_Rockit_non-inverted_loop.jpg

I don't think they are an inversion because no-one (the parks, the manufacturers or RCDB) is calling it one, but they're right on the edge I think.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ But they ARE, or were at least, calling it the world's tallest loop, which it isn't. Not in the real meaning of the word anyway.

andrus

Giga Poster
^I talked to Intamin at EAS and they refered to it as the worlds tallest loop. I guess it's all down to definition, whether you include non-inverting loops in the same terminology as inverting loops or not.

Also: I asked Intamin what type of trains will be used and they said Flying Aces will use regular trains, not the Skyrush-style winged ones.