What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
New pics from TPR shows what looks like a non-inverted loop?

thumb_20150923_105213_1_.jpg

thumb_20150923_105327_1_.jpg

Source: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewto ... start=1150

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
OMG that's gorgeous! <3 I can't wait to haul myself out there to ride this, it looks incredible! A non-inverting loop with Skyrush trains sounds amazing!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Jarrett said:
OMG that's gorgeous! <3 I can't wait to haul myself out there to ride this, it looks incredible! A non-inverting loop with Skyrush trains sounds amazing!
I'm hoping, although it's unlikely, that it will have enough energy to give some intense twisty airtime over the top of it. Even if it doesn't it's gonna fly like a rocket over the first airtime hill.
Easily my most anticipated coaster, I just need an opening date so I can book flights.

Edit - Fabbai Dave - when you get a chance could you try to get a closeup of the lift hill, interesting to see if they have put triple layering support on the underside of the lift track.

Martyn B

CF Legend
That'll be neat with a winged style train!

Though it would have been neater if they had kept the curvature of the loop, instead of flattening it out.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Martyn B said:
Though it would have been neater if they had kept the curvature of the loop, instead of flattening it out.
Purely speculating, but it might look worse as the track and heartline tend to do funny things when going through large changes in roll. If you imagine where the heartline will be for this coaster, then it might well follow a more rounded curvature. I tried to illustrate it:
Capture_zpspx9fctkg.png

I think the perspective of the photo exacerbates the effect of the track looking flat too.

Hopefully if the train carries some good speed over the top, then this element will have some excellent twisty airtime.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god.

This literally looks like my new number one I'm dying.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^Stop assuming everything will be your number one. :p

But seriously. This looks really high-quality. If this isn't motivation to stop being a basic little **** I don't know what is. :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thanks for that Hixee. HRRR's loop looks neater IMO, but will undoubtedly be the poorer of the two ;)

2mk446k0g004bqd8f38003.jpg

In fact, it's so drastically different, it makes the Intamin look more like an in-line twist in between two half loops.

Casio

Mega Poster
For me Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit's loop is zero inversions, whilst this is very much two: it completes the half loop before the twist at the top, so it's basically an immelman followed by a dive loop. Rockit's twist is when the car is around the vertical mark, so it's not upside down at all.

spicy

Giga Poster
This looks amazing. I'm going to be there in December can't wait to be spited and take pictures of the construction site :cry: