What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

A

Anonymous

The station is still under construction, we drove past it and you could see it within one of the open areas of the Ferrari dome.

Plus theres no barriers or fencing bar the temporary stuff as yet.

Rumours out here are that Ferrari world will open Middle of next year.

Certainly going to be a fantastic place once finished. Links Golf course, Water Park, huge mall, karting track all to come as well!

The difference between Abu Dhabi's theme park and Dubai's is that Abu Dhabi arent skint and can afford to finish it!

CMonster

Giga Poster
I have no clue whether or not that park was still being built/considered, just thought people would like to see what might happen.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Well, seeing that the track is similar to or the same as I 305, I think it's safe to say that it is, indeed, an Intamin. Unless I 305's not... :wink:

Gazza

Giga Poster
http://thedesigndummy.blogspot.com/2009 ... lates.html

I actually discovered this blog post a while back and have been meaning to post, but it actually sums up my thoughts pretty well on this place..I've highlighted the important bits.

This was the rendering of the Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, planned to be the largest indoor theme park in the world. It will feature 20 rides and attractions including the world's fastest roller coaster...124 mph...woot woot! It will have a humongous Ferrari logo, 215 feet in diameter, the largest in the world. And the design? Inspired by the classic Ferrari GT's double curve side profile.

I have always been unsure of the Blob movement. Does this even fall under blob?Maybe it does, in the deflated excitement category. The rendering is not far from it's almost completed stage....This building resembles an HQ in a Robot Anime series.

I want to raise a point since the WORLD, and The Palm at Jumeirah Dubai were built. Why build something so huge, when it is inaccessible to the human experience? I am not referring to Dubai or those oil rich countries as playgrounds of the rich and who can afford. Not even they can appreciate these developments unless they are in a chopper or in space. When you visit this place, it is not the fluid red thingy statement you will experience, but the underbelly of this over sized red tent.

It would have made sense if people can slide on its surface. Like a starfish, those tentacles curve inward so we slide down toward the center where we get eaten.

I'ts the sort of thing I'd get told off for designing. They've set out to design this cool looking shape, but they were obviously only thinking about making the plan cool looking, and based their whole 'big idea' around that, except you'd never get the full effect.

As for the park itself. No doubt the coasters look like great attractions in their own right (Shock horror, a worlds fastest coaster with an actual layout)
The rest of the park just seems like padding. Boat ride through a car engine? Come off it!
It's like they were looking for whatever tenuous link to the Ferrari theme they could incorporate.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
What i want to see is the layout for the parks other coasters. The dueling Maurers. Maurer have made some brilliant smaller scale rides so I cant wait to see what they have done here

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I couldn't agree more, but people who have that general attitude usually won't make an effort to go anywhere. Their loss.

marc

CF Legend
I agree, it is really not that expensive to go to the Middle East now as there are so many offers.

The only problem with this is park is that its a long flight for just one place and there is next to nothing to do in the area. When the park is complete it will be better then, or maybe go when the F1 race is one then there are thing to do.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm going to hold out and see what happens with the Dubai situation/parks, and visit both places. I wouldn't go to Abu Dhabi just for one park, but I've always wanted to go to Dubai. I would rather wait a while to see if/when the other parks end up happening, then visit that area then.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's not that I wouldn't go to the Middle East. The reason I think I might not ride this is because I'm sixteen, and I have plenty of things to do before I can even think about traveling the world by myself. I also want to visit a lot of other places first. Even then, there's the possibility that this might not even exist anymore for whatever reason. Or something else could be built that's faster and more insane and I may want to ride that over this.

Gazza

Giga Poster
gavin said:
I'm going to hold out and see what happens with the Dubai situation/parks, and visit both places. I wouldn't go to Abu Dhabi just for one park, but I've always wanted to go to Dubai. I would rather wait a while to see if/when the other parks end up happening, then visit that area then.
Yeah, even now there still aren't that many of these parks done yet (So far its really only Wild Wadi, Aquaventure, and Sega Republic up and running)....I'm certainly interested in returning once F1, as well as places like Universal, Marvel etc get up and running (If they get up and running lol)
The good thing for me is that Dubai is one of the stopover places en route to europe, so I don't have to justify a trip just to go there.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I plan on including whatever's opened in the UAE when I go back to Kuwait.

Lightning at EC is the only Batman clone I've not been on, and one of 2 B&M inverts I'm missing.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
TBH, I'm not sure this will be sustainable (the Ferrari park, I mean). Dubai doesn't draw the tourists like many other places does, and something tells me that the Dubai government has gambled a little too much on their future without thinking of the present.

Smart planning equals smart growth. I have yet to see either in Dubai. Of course, that might change in the future. I really hope it does, actually!

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah lets hope it even opens.. I've always had a bad feeling about Dubai and the surrounding area in their endeavors. I honestly don't think it will sustain the area as a whole.