Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

Ben

CF Legend
^LOL.

You're so wrong it's funny <3

Either way, even IF Stealth was the fastest accelerating Accerlerator (it isn't), the two S&S launched coasters in China are both faster as well.

I am he

Roller Poster
Ben said:
^LOL.

Either way, even IF Stealth was the fastest accelerating Accerlerator (it isn't), the two S&S launched coasters in China are both faster as well.

How am I wrong? There may be S&S launch coasters in China that I have not heard of, but my point is the Stealth's acceleration is faster than Ka's

I am he

Roller Poster
Ben said:
^LOL.

Ok then, lets look at this from a mathematical perspective:

Acceleration = (CHANGE in speed (m/s)) divided by (Time taken (s))

Kingda ka reaches 128mph in 3.5 seconds, 128 mph = 57.2211 m/s
so: 57.2211 divided by 3.5 = 16.3 m/s squared - this is Ka's acceleration.

Stealth reaches 82mph in 1.8 seconds
82mph = 36.7 m/s
so: (36.7 divided by 1.8) = 20.4 m/s squared!

There you have it:
Kingda ka acceleration: 16.3 m/s squared
Stealth acceleration: 20.4 m/s squared

SOLVED!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I am he said:
Ben said:
^LOL.

82mph = 36.7 m/s

There you have it:

SOLVED!
Kingda Ka does have a lower acceleration than Stealth... But it doesn't feel it. Ka is intense as ****.

But plenty of Intamin Accelerators feel more intense than Stealth, so I'm skeptical of the accel claim it makes anyway.

I am he

Roller Poster
Joey said:
I am he said:
Ben said:
^LOL.

82mph = 36.7 m/s

There you have it:

SOLVED!
Kingda Ka does have a lower acceleration than Stealth... But it doesn't feel it. Ka is intense as ****.

But plenty of Intamin Accelerators feel more intense than Stealth, so I'm skeptical of the accel claim it makes anyway.

The accelerators that feel more intense than stealth are the ones with a slower rate of acceleration but a longer launch track, like rita, ttd, ka etc.

And trust me, the 0-82 in 1.8 that Thorpe advertise is true...the maths works out if you substitute those values in to find the launch length.

Thorpe replaced Stealth's trains which improved the acceleration, but I will agree that other accelerators feel more intense, but my point was that statistically stealth is faster :--D

Ben

CF Legend
NEWSFLASH, THIS JUST IN.

Kingda Ka is not the only other Acclerator in the World... *shock* So, even IF Stealth accelerates faster than Ka, that does not mean it's the fast accelerating one in the World. Xcelerator and Storm Runner are two that come to mind as being faster accelerations.

And it's widely accepted that the claim Thorpe made about "increasing" the acceleration, was ****. The "2 seconds", "1.8 seconds" "3.5 seconds" etc that parks feed out are very, VERY flimsy pieces of evidence in this sort of discussion. You need other evidence. And even "I've been on it" evidence is more water-tight than what the parks feed out, really.

It's cute how much you want it to accelerate faster though as some sort of desperate attempt to make Stealth seem better <3 Might as well say that blue and white are nicer colours than green for all the weight it would hold.

And trust me, the 0-82 in 1.8 that Thorpe advertise is true...the maths works out if you substitute those values in to find the launch length.

Then surely the "original" launch was mathmatically impossible?

Especially since they advertise it as going to 80mph, not 82.

Thorpe replaced Stealth's trains which improved the acceleration

They really didn't.

but my point was that statistically stealth is faster :--D

But, your point was wrong. And getting wronger by the second.

I am he

Roller Poster
Ben said:
NEWSFLASH, THIS JUST IN.

Kingda Ka is not the only other Acclerator in the World... *shock* So, even IF Stealth accelerates faster than Ka, that does not mean it's the fast accelerating one in the World. Xcelerator and Storm Runner are two that come to mind as being faster accelerations.

Xcelerator - 0-80 in 2.3 seconds, Stormrunner - 0-72 in 2 seconds.

And it's widely accepted that the claim Thorpe made about "increasing" the acceleration, was ****. The "2 seconds", "1.8 seconds" "3.5 seconds" etc that parks feed out are very, VERY flimsy pieces of evidence in this sort of discussion. You need other evidence. And even "I've been on it" evidence is more water-tight than what the parks feed out, really.

It's cute how much you want it to accelerate faster though as some sort of desperate attempt to make Stealth seem better <3 Might as well say that blue and white are nicer colours than green for all the weight it would hold.
I dont really care about Stealth, my point was that it has a faster rate of acceleration than Ka, which I have proven.

Then surely the "original" launch was mathmatically impossible?

If the values the parks give are wrong, then you're saying every accelerators stats are wrong, including Ka's?

Especially since they advertise it as going to 80mph, not 82.

2mph makes a ignorable difference when calculating acceleration.

Thorpe replaced Stealth's trains which improved the acceleration

They really didn't.

but my point was that statistically stealth is faster :--D

But, your point was wrong. And getting wronger by the second.

Unless you can prove my point wrong using maths, there is no point arguing. I could make many claims, but the difference is I have actually backed mine up using evidence - you can not provide any mathematical evidence.

My origional point was (If you go back and read my comment) Stealth has a faster rate of acceleration than Ka, nothing else, I also said i thought it had the second fastest in the world, I mentioned one in Asia that had a faster acceleration.

If you don't make some quick calculations now and prove me wrong, there is no point in replying.

Ben

CF Legend
Haha.

Your maths is based on incorrect data though, so why should I believe it?

I've already told you there's actually three S&S coasters in Asia that are faster, but, you just skipped over that.

Your maths is dodgy and incorrect, since it is based on incorrect values to start with. I can't do the maths to prove it to you because we DON'T have that data. Sorry if the amount of letters instead of numbers in my post meant that you couldn't process it <//3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I am he said:
Unless you can prove my point wrong using maths, there is no point arguing. I could make many claims, but the difference is I have actually backed mine up using evidence - you can not provide any mathematical evidence.

My origional point was (If you go back and read my comment) Stealth has a faster rate of acceleration than Ka, nothing else, I also said i thought it had the second fastest in the world, I mentioned one in Asia that had a faster acceleration.

If you don't make some quick calculations now and prove me wrong, there is no point in replying.
According to the stats that parks give out, and the maths, yes, Stealth is 'more intense'. Thing is? It's not. By any stretch of the imagination. Even ignoring the fact the numbers your using aren't quite accurate.

I found KK and TTD to be FAR more intense than Stealth. Furius Baco also feels like it packs more of a punch than Stealth. What you're saying is a bit like saying that biggest (or smallest) loop in the world is the most intense because the figures say so. It doesn't tell you what it's like to actually ride. Which is what Ben is also saying (I think). I don't know a lot about these Asian coasters either, so another example of where the maths isn't much use.

I am he

Roller Poster
Ben said:
Haha.

Your maths is based on incorrect data though, so why should I believe it?

I've already told you there's actually three S&S coasters in Asia that are faster, but, you just skipped over that.

Your maths is dodgy and incorrect, since it is based on incorrect values to start with. I can't do the maths to prove it to you because we DON'T have that data. Sorry if the amount of letters instead of numbers in my post meant that you couldn't process it <//3
Ok, I really don't see the point in arguing if you think the data is incorrect...I can only use the stats the parks give...If you think they are all lies, than to whichever one is faster is anyone's guess.

I just thought I'd point out, even if you use Stealth's origional 0-80 in 2.3 seconds, It still comes out just as fast as Ka.

I am he

Roller Poster
@ Hixee - I was not saying Stealth was 'more intense' than Ka, or TTD, given Ka goes 50mph faster and 250ft higher, its a given it is more intense, the only point I was trying to prove was that Stealth has a faster rate of acceleration, regardless of ride experience.

Ben

CF Legend
I am he said:
Ok, I really don't see the point in arguing if you think the data is incorrect...I can only use the stats the parks give...If you think they are all lies, than to whichever one is faster is anyone's guess.

Finally you're seeing the point here...

Not that we have to "guess" since you can tell from riding the things, but, you know <//3 Just take the claims with a pinch of salt. And Stealth is in no way the second fastest accelerating coaster on the planet, k?

Ben

CF Legend
On two coasters, of same top speed, the one with the longer launch track will be the one with slower accleration... IE, the less intense one.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I am he said:

I just thought I'd point out, even if you use Stealth's origional 0-80 in 2.3 seconds, It still comes out just as fast as Ka.

I hope one day you'll learn that stats aren't everything when it come to a roller coaster.

Example: I have ridden Sheikra at BGT it is statistically taller and faster than Oblivion at Alton Towers, it also has more inversions. But I have been told a number of times on this site that better stats doesn't necessarily mean a better ride. Oblivion is apparently more enjoyable.

So what if Stealth accelerates faster than KDK or TTD? I rode TTD and liked it a lot more than Stealth. Frankly this whole argument is very trivial.

Mark9

Roller Poster
1. Nemesis Inferno. It isn't a perfect B&M by any means but for its short ride length, it does pack quite a punch. I still think the pre-lift sequence is inspired and ambitious. It is just a shame the rest of the ride doesn't quite live up to the expectation. On the other hand it still delivers a great ride.. just don't ride Inferno, a week after doing Katun.

2. Colossus. Whilst it again isn't the perfect ride, for springboarding all the Thorpe investment it deserves my second place. I like it's interaction with the landscape and it has a nice mix of intensity with air time.

3. Stealth. If this was longer with more elements it could have beaten the other two. As it stands, it's intense but I always feel short changed after riding. Whilst Detonator and Oblivion are short, they feel worthwhile whereas Stealth is blink and you miss it.

4. Saw:The Ride. Despise Saw. I hate it. It's the only rollercoaster that I really struggle to re-ride. Rough, painful, no landscape interaction. Euch.

I wonder where Swarm will emerge ;)

Fi

Mega Poster
Stealth's constant rate of acceleration makes it smoother and just better than Ka, though still not as good as TTD.

I'd say Inferno is my favourite Thorpe ride, even though it's pretty weak for a B&M invert. It's still a reasonable layout, and has more re-rideability than the other coasters at Thorpe.

I love the themeing of Saw, and the ride starts well, but after the drop it's a bit average.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I vote Saw. I don't find it painfull as others are saying. I think the indoor section and the last inversion are the best parts.

Stealth is a great ride and I do enjoy the launch, but i've never noticed any airtime on it. I think the main problem with stealth is the queue combined with the ride length, after waiting as long as you do to get on the ride I just want it to last longer. Hopefully the addition of Swarm will help to reduce queue times on the other coasters.

Nemesis Inferno is a decent ride but I think it's the poorest B&M invert i've been on (comparing against Nemesis, Black Mamba, Raptor and Batman the ride.)

I do enjoy colossus, but strangely on a layout so focussed on inversions, my favourite part is the airtime hill before the first tunnel, even despite the OTSR. The heartlines just get boring towards the end, i'd probably prefer the 8 inversion model.

Jools

Giga Poster
Saw! I actually love it! One of the only rides that gives me the "belly feeling" 4 times! Colossus is really fun! Nemesis Inferno is quite fun... a bit dull and as much as I enjoy it, I think Stealth is a bit of a gimmick.