Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Colossus

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

herbinator

Mega Poster
I went for saw although I don't feel that any of those rides are way better than any others and my favourite is often only which one I have the best ride on; which can be because of lots of different things, not just the ride itself.

Nemesis Inferno is good but just feels like its missing something important, and to me is really average.

Stealth is a rush but is way to short; what it does, it does well but it doesn't do much.

Colossus is often really good when I ride and it was between this and saw for me; but it;s a nice length, pretty fun but the last time I rode it it's roughness cut my face and made me feel dizzy and a little sick.

So saw wins it because last time i went to the park it was good fun and running very quickly.:)

Swarm is looking at the moment as though it will be a cut above the rest but I will have to wait and see.

andrus

Giga Poster
Joey said:
I like Inferno best. Yeah it doesn't do a lot, yeah it's a bit sickly because it turns the same direction so often it's like spinning, yeah it's forces are confused and all over the place, yeah it's a bit eughggg, but at least it's comfortable.
Robbie said:
Nemesis is just a little too twisty-turny for me - no time to take in what's actually happening.
This is why I don't like Nemesis Inferno. Just makes me sick!

Saw is a good ride only let down by it's horrible restraints :( I especially like the indoor section, but the rest of the ride is good too!

Colossos is rough, yes, but definitely not unbearable. And it's quite fun, until the heartline rolls that is..

Stealth is the obvious winner for me! What a great ride :--D I totally agree with nadroJ on this!!
nadroJ said:
Stealth forever! Especially at the back, especially at night. The launch always gets my gut every time, the airtime on the top hat is fab, the descent is speedy and the break run leaves you gasping for air and feeling exhilarated. I absolutely ADORE it, I'd quite happily go to Thorpe and just ride Stealth <3

I want to ride Stealth now =[

kimahri

CF Legend
I like Colossus but please don't tie me up and burn me for herecy. I'm allergic to it and my eyes shut for like, an hour.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Stealth - Really like this ride. It sounds stupid, but it's actually more reridable then the bigger versions.

2. Saw - Yeah, so shoot me; I actually like Saw. I've never had a problem with roughness/restraints on any eurofighter, including this one.

3. Inferno - fun but dull

4. Colossus - I don't mind it at all actually. It's nowhere as bad as people make out; I just prefer the other 3

nadroJ

CF Legend
I've never understood the hate for Stealth? Somebody explain? Maybe I'm just blinded by love <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
I've never understood the hate for Stealth? Somebody explain? Maybe I'm just blinded by love <3

I don't hate Stealth, but I find launches really, not bland, but they just don't really do anything for me. They're the coaster equivalent of a Homepride Curry cook-in sauce. You know you're eating something, but your mouth is utterly bored by the experience. It's like masticating cardboard.

I think the launch is a bit of buzz to be fair, but only in the same way a decent first drop is. Then it's over and the ride's done nothing. Bit of a buzz on launch, the equivalent of hitting brakes as you go up, crawl over the top (even if you whip over, it's not that great) and then a silly twisty drop and lump that doesn't do much. Unless you really love that launch, there's just not enough to sustain interest through the rest of the ride.

It's odd, because I have an equivalent love for Oblivion. The drop gives me such a fantastic buzz, it makes the rest of the ride (all three seconds of it) seem sublime. If you don't get the initial drop buzz, then the ride is very dull.

I hope that makes sense? I don't by any means think Stealth is bad, it's just, well - masticating cardboard.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I voted for Stealth as it still gives me a rush. I would have voted for Inferno, and I think it's probably the better ride, but I think I've ridden it too much. It was better when I came back to it after a year not going to Thorpe, but still, it's not got the kick to it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think the launch is a bit of buzz to be fair, but only in the same way a decent first drop is.

Ok, my CC ain't that high, but if you dont include Oblivion, I've NEVER had the same buzz on a first drop to what you get on a launch.

Ok, and maybe the indoor drop on Saw, buts thats it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Balder, El Toro, Bizarro (SFNE) and probably lots more I can't think of right now, I much prefer the first drops to a launch. They make my heart leap and smile like a loon. All launches leave me feeling really meh, I just don't get a real hit from acceleration. It's like some people prefer high positive g's to negative g's (or zero g), it's just a different preference. Without that launch thrill, Stealth is just 10 seconds of dull. Okay, I missed Kingda Ka, but I've yet to be convinced by a launch. I think they're fine, but that's it. If the entire ride is about the launch, then I'm going to find it "just fine".

andrus

Giga Poster
^You think Balder's drop is a buzz? I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But what makes Balder's drop great? I've ridden that coaster multiple times and never got why people like it :? I mean yea, it's good for what it is (considering height and footprint). But it's not a majaor buzz in any kind of way for me! Standard drop, not at all the greatness that is Colossos. Lots of dull airtime hills with only mild airtime, yet again far from the greatness that is Colossos. And the layout is just so repetitive! Even more so than Colosuss (TP)...

I'm asking because I'm genuinely interested! :) Since I never felt any kind of Buzz on that coaster. Sorry for off topic.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It kind of proves the point that everyone is different?

I didn't really rate Balder, but getting whipped out of your seat on the first drop was the highlight on each ride. I guess I just really enjoy a good drop, but I don't enjoy launches anywhere near as much :)

DDF14

Mega Poster
I totally agree with Furie about Stealth I could not have put it in any better words.
furie said:
I think the launch is a bit of buzz to be fair, but only in the same way a decent first drop is. Then it's over and the ride's done nothing. Bit of a buzz on launch, the equivalent of hitting brakes as you go up, crawl over the top (even if you whip over, it's not that great) and then a silly twisty drop and lump that doesn't do much. Unless you really love that launch, there's just not enough to sustain interest through the rest of the ride.

Stealth is overrated IMO, Colossus has no WOW factor for me and Inferno is not dynamic enough.

I have only just experienced SAW this year as for the past 3 years I have been out of the country too much.
SAW for me has it all, Plenty of Airtime, Positive G's, a dynamic layout, a decent theme and after the first ride and 20th ride a WOW factor.

I can appreciate the love of Stealth from people that just want a wham bam experience but I think normal coasters are superior because they can vary with weather and the surrounding environment some days fast sometimes slow. Stealth is almost too under control speed defined by the launch and no real variation. Other longer launched coasters have time to get that rhythym of there own I.E Rita or better Storm runner.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I love Stealth, and obviously it is a coaster, so I have to rank it high up on my coaster list, BUT, I see it as more of a thrill/flat ride to be honest. I just doesn't do enough for me to warrant being called a coaster.

Sounds ridiculous I know.

Inferno by a country mile. Intamin roughness on colossus plus those horrid OTSRS, saw is... Indescribably rough, stealth too short and all though a brilliant height for Thorpe, I just wouldve liked to see it more uniquely used in height, dive machine or hyper perhaps, with the accelerator it seems a little short compared to TTD or Ka. But smooth B&M loveliness for me!

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
Wow, it looks like people don't like colossus. For me, Stealth is the best, purely because of that awesome acceleration. Often, there isn't a queue for me (which is lucky I know). 2nd is colossus at the front. I don't think it hurts and it always is more forceful than I expect. Then there is the decider between SAW and NI. Saw is good, but IMO very overrated - and hurts like a bitch! My ears hurt really bad after riding it, and the past-vertical drop doesn't do much for me. Nemesis Inferno is too simple and I find it quite forceless. I am really looking forward to The Swarm, and I'm hoping it takes my top spot at Thorpe Park and finds it's place as my favorite coaster.

I am he

Roller Poster
furie said:
Balder, El Toro, Bizarro (SFNE) and probably lots more I can't think of right now, I much prefer the first drops to a launch. They make my heart leap and smile like a loon. All launches leave me feeling really meh, I just don't get a real hit from acceleration. It's like some people prefer high positive g's to negative g's (or zero g), it's just a different preference. Without that launch thrill, Stealth is just 10 seconds of dull. Okay, I missed Kingda Ka, but I've yet to be convinced by a launch. I think they're fine, but that's it. If the entire ride is about the launch, then I'm going to find it "just fine".
Stealth's acceleration is actually faster than Kingda Ka's...Stealth is actually the 2nd fastest accelerator in the world (I am talking acceleration in m/s squared, not top speed), So if you were disappointed by stealth's acceleration, there is only 1 coaster that accelerates faster, Dodonpa in Japan.