Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lino/vinyl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else....

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
It's another absolute thriller of a poll! what is your favourite floor covering material, for a living room or bedroom?

1 - Thick pile carpet
Hua-Xu-thick-pile-carpet-mats-room-bedroom-bedside-blanket-Ottomans-paved-strip-windows-and-windowsills.jpg

2 - thin or medium carpet
4624eedc-372f-4499-88ef-546c22755e10.jpg._CB287031259_.jpg

3 - Laminates / wood
Fast-Fix-Laminate-Flooring_large.jpg

4 - Tiles
figure14.jpg

5 - lino / vinyl
vinyl-flooring.jpg

6 - Oher (please specify)

nealbie

CF Legend
It depends. Horses for courses, etc.

The hallway should be laminated or wooden, as should the dining room.

Living room thinner carpet or laminated/wooden with large square rug centrepiece.

Kitchen and bathroom should be glossed tiles.

Staircase and upstairs landing should be thin/medium carpet, and the bedrooms should have the most exquisite fluffy/thick carpets money can buy.

If you have a study then that should be laminated/wooden or thin carpet, and a conservatory should be tiled.

These are the rules. I silently judge houses that don't comply, including my parents house.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Carpet so I can't see my feet.

Edit: I should also say the other rooms in the house: Wood for halls, kitchen, dining room, etc. Tiles for bathroom and laundry/room to the garage. Carpet for living room and bedroom. Concrete for garage and driveway(I never liked the look of asphalt for a driveway)

Ben

CF Legend
Wooden floor everywhere but the kitchen/bathroom, which is tiles.

I've never really gotten carpets, they're gross and dirty?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
to give my thoughts;

1 - Thick pile carpet

Comfortable, but a bit of a bugger for hoovering, I also appreciate the chance to talk about a "good $h*g on the carpet"

2 - thin or medium carpet
A good compromise of comfort and practicality - my choice for most living areas!

3 - Laminates / wood
I hate laminates with a passion - cold and noisy to walk on, and I don't particularly like the look either!
Wood is a bit better in all these.

4 - Tiles
great for kitchenny areas, bad for living rooms!

5 - lino / vinyl
Have I gone back to the 70s?

what other options are there?? eggshells?

TilenB

Strata Poster
caffeine_demon said:
what other options are there?? eggshells?

We have cork floor in our kitchen and it's pretty handy, considering nothing breaks if it falls on the floor.

As it goes for me, anything but carpets. They are gross and often trigger my allergies...

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Thanks for adding the pictures in Dan, for those of us who don't know what carpet looks like...

I'd have carpet everywhere, even the bathroom (i have a good aim). I get cold feet.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
In an ideal world I'd have underfloor heated stone in the kitchen and bathroom and deep pile carpets in the bedrooms.
All other rooms are harder wearing so should be wood, but I can't stand laminate flooring - it'd have to be exposed floorboards or nothing. Nice rugs over the wood inside the rooms.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ben said:
Wooden floor everywhere but the kitchen/bathroom, which is tiles.

I've never really gotten carpets, they're gross and dirty?
Yeah, they are. But they also hide dirt.

Like, on hard floors dirt is so visible in **** balls of tumble fluff and that makes me gag. And no one cleans often enough to keep on top of it. I'd rather the fluff was hidden in carpet. I know that's illogical, but yeah...

Short carpets are best IMO. Long ones the hover just eats.

Lino for bathrooms - tiles create gaps for filth.

I make zero sense. But yeah.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
So you'd rather have a dirty floor that looks clean rather than just... Clean?

Our wood floors are always clean cause we do them every few days.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The floors in every room of my enormous flat all have the same tiles.

It's f**king hot here for 48 weeks of the year though, so it's definitely the best option. Can't imagine having carpets.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Carpet in bedrooms, tile in bathrooms, hardwood throughout otherwise, maybe stairs with a runner of thin carpet as well. Kitchen should also have tile. Big shaggy area rugs in living room as well to dig your feet into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Laminate pretty much all around. I love the look of carpeting in say, a mid-century modern house, but for practical purposes I have laminate throughout my entire house apart from the kitchen, which is tile. At my mom's house there is carpet in a few bedrooms, but it's thin carpet.