What's new

Favourite entrance to a park

nadroJ

CF Legend
Just been looking through photos on Facebook and they reminded me just how much I love the entrance to Efteling, it's just so magical and cool and fairytale-like and perfectly sets the tone for the amazing day you're going to have once through the gates.

So what do you think is the best entrance to a park?

marc

CF Legend
For me its the Magic Kingdom in Orlando.

The build up on either the boat etc and you get there and cannot see what is inside. I get the same feeling every time I go there, I get warm inside and smile.

Yes its not the most thrilling park, but once I am in I forget about the outside world.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
DSC02795.jpg

At least, the concept is cool...

D1993

Hyper Poster
I havent been to many 'magical' parks such as disney and the like, but one of my favorite park entrances is Hersheypark. I dont know why, but I just really love it the whole feel of it. For some reason I just adore it. I think its the memories too that are attached alongside. Disneyland did have pretty awesome entrances and such ... I really liked the California Adventure one with the letters.

Colossus

Giga Poster
I like Alton Towers, the build up begins whilst driving through the crazy valley roads and then the corkscrews at the entrance I find ingenious, I love how the main element of arguably the parks most famous ride is kept forever as a reminder of what once was, a small piece of Altons history for all to see.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^It is good that they've shown that ride some respects...

What I love about certain parks is how you can see the rides through the trees, which DM, TP and AT are good at. DM takes you around half of the park...

However, Gardaland's takes it for me...I love the way you can see raptor and Blue tornado from the entrance. As you're driving along you get some nice views too...

Kebab

Giga Poster
Disneyland Paris scores for me too, it's just (mind the pun) magic! And as shown above, the entrance at night is simply mind-blowing!

I quite like PortAventura's build-up to the entrance as well, and then how beautiful and Medittereanean(?) the area is, really adds character to the park and looks at it's best in the sun.

mouse

Giga Poster
Disney for me too, it is like an entrance to a new world!
I find Altons monorail a bit pointless to be honest, although I do like seeing all the rides and things for the first time. :)

Gazza

Giga Poster
The funny thing is, whist the view over the lake is great, the actual entrance gates, bridge and dome at Thorpe are absolute rat ****.
If we had a topic for the your least favourite entrance, then Thorpe would be mine.

As for my favourite. IOA, with the lighthouse, views of Hulk, the wonderful music etc...Fantastic.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Lightwater valley has to be mine. The entrance building is very nice.

Photo0233.jpg

Actual entrance to park.

Photo0232.jpg

Ticket Booths

Photo0231.jpg

Some shops.

Photo0230.jpg

Area next to toilets.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I guess the actual ticked building itself is quite nice, but I find the whole entrance plaza very bizzare...

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
IoA... going into that entrance, the first day I arrive at florida, is always one of the best things in my life, I've been there 3 times. The 1st time, it took my breathe away, i love the scenery, the hulk, the lighthouse, the theming. Everything. The second time, my mind was flooded with memories of the best week of my life, and the 3rd time, i welcomed it like an old friend (gotta love the cheesy-ness). But it sets the mood for the park... just fantastic!