What's new

Favourite Disney Song

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Pretty self explanatory title, what is your favourite Disney song? Be it in an animated classic or a live action film, what is yours?

It is such a hard question to answer though...I'd probably have to say Be Prepared from Lion King...but Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast and Love is an Open Door from Frozen are close behind...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Disney is consistently good with music. Off the top of my head:

Part of Your World - Little Mermaid
Poor Unfortunate Souls - Little Mermaid
Belle - Beauty and the Beast
Bells of Notre Dame - Hunchback of Notre Dame
Cruella deVille - 101 Dalmatians
Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'll make a Man out of You- Mulan. So energetic and uplifting. It's really a great song. It's really hard not to sing to it. It's just perfect.

Can You Feel The Love Tonight(the Elton John-sung version). It's very powerful and emotional. Very good.

I can See the Light from Tangled is also pretty neat.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Most of the animated ones feel really 'musical theatre' which I hate, but I like some in a sentimental way like Reflection and Part of This World. I also remember enjoying the production on Under The Sea.
I don't know if First from Herbie: Fully Loaded would count, but it's one of the best songs ever.
I'll go with Crazier from the Hannah Montana The Movie. It's like Taylor's worst song, but I can't think of any better ones off the top of my head. :(

As much as I wasn't a massive fan of the film, I think Tarzan has an amazing soundtrack. "You'll Be In My Heart" is definitely one of the best ones in my opinion. Makes me cry every time </3

Despite, once again, not being too keen on the movie, I think "We Are One" from Lion King II is my actual favourite Disney song. "He Lives in You" is really good as well.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
^ Agreed, Tarzan does have an amazing soundtrack! My personal favourite is Strangers Like Me.

Also Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast
Can You Feel The Love Tonight - The Lion King
And I love making up the words and singing along to Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo from Cinderella.

Soo many more good ones, but too many to mention.

Ben

CF Legend
Weirdly, my absolute favourite Disney songs are usually short reprises rather than the long "main" songs (although that's true for me a lot of the time with musical theatre anyway).

So, Prince Ali (Reprise) and Savages Part 2 are probably my favourite Disney songs haha.

Other than those, Hellfire from Hunchback is probably the best villain song, alongside Be Prepared and Poor Unfortunate Souls, and everyone knows villain songs rock.

Dave

CF Legend
Ben said:
Other than those, Hellfire from Hunchback is probably the best villain song

Such a dark song (best villain song after In the Dark of the Night).

I always enjoy the villain songs as they have to be well written to set the scene, Be Prepared in the Lion King is a good one.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That new Shakira song from Zootopia is so catchy! It's a pretty good "feel good" song, for anyone who feels down.

Also, "When Can I See You Again?" from Wreck-It Ralph and "Immortals" from Big Hero 6 are great too.

QueenOfSkyrush

Roller Poster
In a Place of Miracles - Hunchback of Notre Dame (deleted song)
Out There - Hunchback of Notre Dame

Ok yeah, anything from Hunchback of Notre Dame. And pretty much anything from the Disney Renaissance.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Pretty much the entire Little Mermaid soundtrack ( part of your world, and thereprise) eand Pocahontas soundtrack (Colors of the Wind, Just Around the Riverbend...maannn) The Lion King second soundtrack, Rhythm Of The Pride lands was pretty good