What's new

Favourite Attraction of 2011

Gazza

Giga Poster
Forbidden Journey For me too. Jaws may have gotten the most nominations, but it's not winning (HP and NTXG are ahead), so the nostalgiafreaks haven't swayed it too much so far.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've not bothered to look at the poll, but I'll post my opinions here.

Shock at Rainbow Magicland was amazing.

Overall though, I'd plump for Peppa Pig World at Paultons. Perfectly crafted with a suitable selection of rides. It's just a shame the grass hills look tatty when I revisited in the summer. However, they've since put astoturf down.

Nic

Strata Poster
Ben said:
I'll go vote for an attraction outside of the US...

Oh wait <//3
This. That poll is turd. What's the point if it's anything that operated in 2011 anyway? Eugh.

In terms of new for 2011 stuff, I think my favourite coaster was Raptor. I really enjoyed it so much. I think I'll also have to say Rainbow Magicland, both in general for exceeding my expectations and generally being fab, and Huntik fot taking dark rides to a whole new level of awesome. Worst new for 2011 attraction? Raveleijn at Efteling. What a pile of turd. Such a shame, because the set is amazing... then the show starts and it all goes rapidly downhill from there.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^I agree with Raptor, OK, I didn't get round to riding that many coasters this year (20), but Raptor was definitely the highlight. I'd never been on a winged coaster before, and the experience (especially the smoothness) was amazing, both front, back, left right and middle....

I'm a bit too excited about swarm now!

Such a great move by Merlin, it was exactly what GL needed: A B&M, some interest in the park, the way it dominates the landscape around it (it fits in well with Blue Tornado), the aesthetics and of course getting rid of that awful Tunga ride....

The music's quite nice too!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
One more vote for Raptor - it was much better than my expectation.
Mountain Flier also deserves a notable mention, but it didn't blow apart my top ten in the way that I'd hoped (mainly due to the Chinese obsession with stapling away any airtime).

Jake

Strata Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
One more vote for Raptor - it was much better than my expectation.
Mountain Flier also deserves a notable mention, but it didn't blow apart my top ten in the way that I'd hoped (mainly due to the Chinese obsession with stapling away any airtime).

Can you give me the number for your crack dealer please?