What's new

Favorite/Least Favorite Inversions

Hutch

Strata Poster
There might be an old thread for this (I've skimmed up through page 4 but haven't really found anything similar), if there is let me know. :)

Now then...I'm not referring to a certain type of inversion in general. I'm talking about a specific inversion on any given coaster that you can't get enough of, and another one that you dread or fear to go through, knowing that it won't end well. Share you favorites and least favorites!

Favorite: Nemesis' Zero-g roll
- One of the best moments I've experienced IMO. It shows no mercy as it drills you around, especially in the back!

I can't think of one that I remember being a lot worse than any other, but the two that come to mind are:
- Mind Eraser's Roll Over. Even off-ride you can see everyone's heads getting banged around.
- And probably something on Smiler (maybe the cobra roll or whatever that other turnaround thing was…anything really :lol:)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Inversion Top 5:
1. Full Throttle's loop
2. Banshee's batwing
3. Cheetah Hunt's roll
4. Tennessee Tornado's first loop
5. GateKeeper's drop

Least favorite: Canadian Flight Deck's rollover

Dishonorable mentions: Any lie-to-fly on a Flying Dutchmen, Mystery Mine's dive loop; Manhattan Express's dive loop (#diveloophate), anything on Anaconda, KI Vortex's batwing, Tatsu's pretzel roll

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
I would have to go with HRRR's loop as the best. Amazing G's!

As the worst, would be the loop of a Flying Dutchman. Piece of ****.

jayjay

Giga Poster
My favourite is Shockwave's zero G roll (Drayton). For a ride which is otherwise quite dull, that element is insane.

I'm struggling to think of others that stand out, but I can list a load of ones I dislike. I hate hangtime, so any inverting lift hills (Ukko, G Force) or slow inversions (Swarm, Mumbo Jumbo). Special mention to Trombi (probably any Volare, but that's the only one I have) for being just downright painful.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Cobra Rolls are my favorite inversion by far with Hulks being the best. I also love the heartlines on Volcano. Another really fun one was the zero g on Untamed. I don't know why I like it but it just gets me every time. Like Jarrett said Banshees is great I love pretty much all of the inversions on Banshee. Least favorite would have to be every inversion on a SLC or boomerang just miserable.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
My favorite would probably be Kumba's zero-g roll. One way or another it just had the right amount of force and aggression to make it stand out above the rest, especially in the back row.

Honorable mention would go to the batwings on both Montu and Afterburn. They both provide great forces and were the highlight of their respective rides.

Nothing really comes to mind as being particularly bad. Obviously some older loopers have some less than fantastic shaping, but I can't think of anything that i could pin down as my least favorite.

Glennderp said:

Really? I actually thought the loop on the Dutchman was quite fun. It had some good force behind it and I didn't find it particularly rough. What made you dislike it so much?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Hobbes said:
Glennderp said:

Really? I actually thought the loop on the Dutchman was quite fun. It had some good force behind it and I didn't find it particularly rough. What made you dislike it so much?

Probably the restraints ruined it for me. The force and poorly made restraints equals a destroyed back.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Glennderp said:
Interesting how you mention that one. I don't consider that quite an inversion (I suspect others don't as well), but it seems like the element isn't discussed that much.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Sanchezmran said:
Glennderp said:
Interesting how you mention that one. I don't consider that quite an inversion (I suspect others don't as well), but it seems like the element isn't discussed that much.
Yeah. My bad. RCDB says its non inverting.

njn63

Mega Poster
Favorite: Goliath (SFGAm) hangtime
2nd favorite: Gatekeeper's immelman

Least: Time Warp's heartline roll

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Fab topic!

Favourites
Blue Fire's Heartline
Helix's Zero G
Storm Runner's Flying Snake Dive
Nemesis' Zero G
Montu's Batwing

Least Favourites
Smiler's Cobra Roll
Any spin on Insane
Big Loop's Corkscrews

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
jayjay said:
My favourite is Shockwave's zero G roll (Drayton). For a ride which is otherwise quite dull, that element is insane.

I'm struggling to think of others that stand out, but I can list a load of ones I dislike. I hate hangtime, so any inverting lift hills (Ukko, G Force) or slow inversions (Swarm, Mumbo Jumbo). Special mention to Trombi (probably any Volare, but that's the only one I have) for being just downright painful.

Couldn't have said it better myself... Or could I..?

My favourite is Shockwave's (Drayton Manor Park) zero G roll. For a ride which is otherwise quite dull, that element is insane. The contrast gives the element more impact.

I'm struggling to think of others that stand out, but I can list a number of ones I dislike. I hate hangtime, so any inverting lift hills (Ukko, G Force) or slow inversions (Swarm, Mumbo Jumbo). Special mention to Hero (probably any Volare, but that's the only one I have) for being just downright painful.

Probably a little better ;)

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Favourites aren't in order, least favourites are.

Favourites:
-Blue Fire's Heartline Roll (very snappy and crazy)
-Blue Fire's Twister Horseshoe Roll (just a lot of fun with good floater)
-Helix's Zero G Roll (I love Zero G's and this one had a perfect pace and the fact that it was preceded by an awesome ejector hill and followed up by a great fast twist makes that entire part incredible)
-Helix's Inverted Top Hat (the perfect amount of floater and an amazing upside down view)
-Black Mamba's Zero G Roll (airtime <3)

As you can see, I love Mack Mega Coaster inversions the most, probably due to the smoothness and the restrains. Inversions don't have to be incredibly forceful to me to have fun. Some good floater can be amazing too.

Least Favourites:
-El Condor's Rollover (quite rough)
-El Condor's Sidewinder (^)
-Kanonen's Heartline Roll (hangtime <//3)
-Tornado's Corkscrew (not particularly bad, just a bit rough and meh)
-Speed of Sound's Cobra Roll (same as above, but this one I do enjoy slighty, it's just a bit rough and overly forceful)

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Favourites include the heartline rolls on Colossus, I know some people hate them but I think they're fab! Also the batwing on Montu is amazing.

I don't really have a least favourite. Perhaps the cobra rolls on boomerangs, especially when going backwards.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Favorite in order:

1. Raptor - Cobra Roll
2. Outlaw Run - Overbanked Turn
3. Tatsu - Pretzel Loop
4. Banshee - Batwing
5. Dominator - Loop

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Worst for me is a cobra roll on a bloody inverted coaster. They are just so bad. Just never found them comfy on both bandm and vekoma. They are ok on normal sit down coasters.

BBH

Giga Poster
Favorites:
-Wildfire's Immelmann/Cobra Roll
-Goliath GAm's Zero-G Stall
-X-Flight's Dive Drop

Least Favorites:
Ehh... None really in general. X-Flight's inline is vile, though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Doing this off the top of my head, so I'll probably forget something:

Favourites

- Blue Fire's inline twist
- Storm Runner's snake dive thing
- Phaethon's/Patriot's Zero G since they actually provide a "zero g" feeling and not throw you around violently as some people seem to think a zero g should do - the clue's in the name!
- Anything on Helix really
- Full Throttle's loop
- Crazy Coaster's (Colossus clone with lapbars) inline twists
- Fantasia Special's triple corkscrew

Worst

- Space 2000's corkscrews
- Anything on that POS SLC at Canada's Wonderland
- Loops on Hebei Zhongye's loopscrew model (uncomfortably forceful)

jackandylan123

Roller Poster
Favourite - Last inversion on Nemesis.

Least Favourite - Second part of the Cobra Roll on the Smiler (I don't get around as much as I'd like :p)