What's new

Favorite Band Names

RCF

Strata Poster
Never seen something like this. What's your favorite band name? Not you favorite band, the favorite name. For me it probably has to be Tears for Fears because it's such a cool name. I'm slightly fond of Panic At The Disco! as well. Any unique names for you guys?

Band names I like:

1.Radiohead
2.Led Zeppelin
3/Jamiroquai
4.Plaid
5.Portishead
6.The Sugarcubes
7.The Mars Volta

Oh Yay!

Another topic to show how cool our taste in music is, even though nobody ever reads what other people put, but will post their own list of the most obscure bands they can think of in order to prove to themselves how "eclectic" their musical tastes are.

How's about "The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band?" Or "Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich."

(I don't actually know these band's songs, but you've got to admit, awesome names).

Brad said:
Cheeky Girls

Seconds that, oh and Girls Can't Catch because it just a name which begs people to chuck stuff at them live :p Oh and who can forget the legends "Atomic Kitten" rofl.

Blue Oyster Cult - can't HELP but laugh when I hear their name, just makes me think of a group of all-powerful molluscs dressed in blue discussing world domination plans around a giant table! :lol:

Some of the names mentioned can't be real bands, can they? :p
Cycle Sluts From Hell were as awesome as their name, as are the Toilet Boys. :)

As a Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band fan, I can guarantee they exist :)

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead. Best band name ever, and possibly the only band I can think of containing ellipsis. Epic band too.