What's new

Fav Coaster Park?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
What is ur fav coaster park?

Things to keep in mind
1) Number of coasters
2) Fastest/Tallest/Longest Coaster in Park?
3) Any recorded breakers?
4) Best Overall Coaster experince?

Jer

Strata Poster
I think that is number of and stats are important than SFGAdv is the best i've been to, but it just pure fun and atmosphere than it's Knoebels.

Jake

Strata Poster
If I was judging a park purely by coasters it would have to be either SFGadv or SFMM. SFMM edges it because of X2, but with the addition of Chang at SFGadv the gap is closing. However, Magic Mountain as a park is a LOT nicer.

Snoo

The Legend
If we base it JUST on coasters:

SFGAdv
SFMM
CP

But, in reality, you don't judge a park just on that.. lol

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
Personally, i love busch gardens, tampa bay. It has six awesome, forceful, fast, adrenalin pumping coasters which can entertain u for the whole day....also it is rumored that a new coaster is going to be constructed, and im sure it will be the same high level thrills as the other coasters

Based only on coasters, Six Flags Great Adventure and Cedar Point win it for me.

Based on everything else, Alton Towers.. It has a mix of amazing atmosphere, coasters, etc. Busch Gardens Europe is also very nice as well.

Ben

CF Legend
Based purely on coasters, Magic Mountain.

Although overall as a park, it's still Magic Mountain...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
For me so far, Great Adventure and the only "coaster park" I can see being better is Magic Mountain. Cedar Point doesn't even look close to being a decent coaster park, with all but maybe two coasters being pretty lame versions of coasters elsewhere.

Both Great Adventure and Magic Mountain have a high volume of above average to "knockout" rides - with Magic Mountain topping it all with X2 really.

However, my value of a park isn't simply on the quality of the coasters, so I doubt either would ever make "best park" for me (that;s obviously Thorpe, innit?)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
As has been discussed in your presence though Tay, quality over quantity :p

If Thorpe suddenly installed 30 Big Apples, I wouldn't then suddenly suggest Thorpe is a "world class coaster park". ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
But not out of the realms of possibility - Merlin wouldn't be fussed having the "World's Most Concentrated Collection of Apple Coasters" record :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If we're going for number/quality of coasters, then I'm going to go with Magic Mountain on this one. All of their major coasters are good to excellent in my opinion, with the possible exception of Ninja, which is ****. The only coaster at SFGA that is exceptional is El Toro, and possibly Ka given the height/speed thing. MM is the nicer park as well.

Cedar Point doesn't really come close to the two mentioned above for me. It's a prime example of quantity over quality I'm afraid. Dragster and Maverick are good (though Maverick is really overated). Millenium Force and Magnum are decent enough, but the rest are basically forgetable.

A

Anonymous

I think Alton is best as it has such a range of coasters; a horror coaster, a flying coaster, a drop coaster, a mine train, nemesis, sonic spinball, rita. These may not be record breakers but they are all unique and great fun to ride and reride!

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
cedar point is #1

I would have to go with Cedar Point.
Their variety is the best. They have one of just about every type of roller coaster. Here are their record breakers:

1. Magnum XL-200: first coaster to top 200 ft. "the coaster by which all others are measured."
2. Millennium Force: first giga coaster
3. Top Thrill Dragster: first strata coaster
4. Corkscrew: first coaster to have 3 inversions
5. Raptor: first inverted coaster to have a cobra roll
6. Wicked Twister: tallest and fastest impulse coaster in the world

Their tallest and fastest coaster is Top Thrill Dragster. It is the 2nd tallest and 2nd fastest coaster on Earth. Also, Millennium Force won the 2010 golden ticket awards for #1 steel roller coaster.

GO CEDAR POINT!!!!!!!!!

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Actually, TTD is the third fastest in the world, behind Formula Rossa and Kingda Ka.

http://www.rcdb.com/rhr.htm

And the Golden Ticket awards are generally considered crap by the enthusiast community, they are very biased towards America and Cedar Point it seems like in recent years, and there are many categories (best steel coaster included) that they never seem to get right.