What's new

Fat Person Friendly

Jer

Strata Poster
Hey guys, I'm getting together with my friend tomorrow to begin planning out a trip to SFNE, Canobie, and Lame Compounce. There is one issue that will remain at hand throughout the planning, he is on the large side, requiring the 5th row seat on B&Ms, so I'm wondering about the restraints on Euro-Fighters, Gerstlauer Spinners, and on Bizzaro, are they fat person friendly, will he be able to fit without a problem?

Edit: Oh yeah I also need to know about Vekoma SLCs, and Boomerangs.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Ok from a big guys point of view, ignore all intamins because they don't like you to have any fat. Vekoma is probably the most fatty friendly, gerstlauer spinners are a breeze (same restraints as Texas Giant and I fit with ease) and no clue regarding euro fighters. I sometimes have to go row 5 on b&m really just depends on the day so hopefully that helps.

Personally im working on trying to fit comfortably on all coasters again by October for CP so hopefully my experience on this will disappear.

choluby

Roller Poster
Re: RE: Fat Person Friendly

"Ok from a big guys point of view, ignore all intamins because they don't like you to have any fat"

You said that Intamins didn't like people with any fat.

When I went on Shockwave at Drayton Manor and the restraints would not not fit :shock:
The restraints were loose for the whole ride and me and my friend were hanging on for our lives!!! :(

So, that means that you have to be just right for Intamin coasters - not just small :oops:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It sounds like it would be a good idea for him to exercise for the next few weeks. Surely you guys aren't leaving on this trip next week, so he should be able to lose a few pounds before you guys leave, right?

A

Anonymous

Food poisoning, works pretty good if you want to loose weight pretty fast...

Intricks

Strata Poster
I can fit the ots restaints on Maverick with ease, the only issue Ive found with Intamins is if you have booty and hips....then the restraints may not work right. Ive 'cheated' my way onto MF and TTD before, because it seems as though if you can get the seat belt, then they will staple your fatass into the seat (CF park though, not sure about other parks with Intamin in thwm). If not, walk of shame for you!

B&Ms are iffy though....i barely made it onto Diamondback (the seat checker seriously drop kicked my lapbar into place) but Goliath at SFOG was a breeze for me. Dominator (when it was at Geauga Lake) was a breeze as well, but i havent tried it sonce it moved. Any inverts i tend to prepare myself for the walk of shame because my shoulders already hit the restraint when im sitting in the seat normally...so imtamin inverts are a strict no, beemers being a possible and SLC seem to be perfect for me.

For the rest....spinners i fit easily, never done a eurofighter, premier seem to be ok (havent been on one with just a lapbar yet), arrow and vekomas that are stll around are good to go and have yet to find a wooden i cant fit (Morgan trains are EVIL....EVI~L...but i fit it just barely).

My weight fluxuates from 280-310 mainly, and ive been on the heftier side when riding a majority of the coasters if this info helps

mouse

Giga Poster
Re: RE: Fat Person Friendly

choluby said:
When I went on Shockwave at Drayton Manor and the restraints would not not fit :shock:
The restraints were loose for the whole ride and me and my friend were hanging on for our lives!!! :(

So, that means that you have to be just right for Intamin coasters - not just small :oops:
Since when has Schockwave been an Intamin?

EDIT: God I'm thick. :-#

A

Anonymous

^ Since always...

I'm pretty sure that I have heard that the OSTRs Gerstlauer use on their Euro-fighters are pretty forgiving for larger size riders, at least better than all Intamins and B&Ms...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Row 5 has the dual seatbelt buckle for otsr's if you can't get it to close normally. Most b&m's have them.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^What he said. There's a seat in row 5 labelled 'The-Big-Boy-Seat'. It's got two seatbelts and I think the range on the ratchet might be extended to allower larger guests to ride.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
My friend is about 6'2 and 200 large (Hes actually not super fat just kinda bulky) would he be able to ride something such as Bizarro, TTD, Millie, or Maverick?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Millie and TTD yes, Maverick is a definite (I have no issues with Mav and im 300). Bizarro would most likely be a check with Millie. Intamin OTSR are surprisingly fat person friendly.