What's new

Fantawild Resort | Changsha China | 3 Theme Parks

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Fantawild are continuing their expansion drive it seems with a massive new resort in Changsha, China The resort will have 3 new parks the first of which is under construction right now. The 3 parks roughly translate as Chinese historical and cultural heritage, the revival of the road patriotism theme park and the Chinese theme park of tomorrow

newchang1.jpg

NewChang5.jpg Newchang2.jpg Newchang3.jpg

The most exciting prospect is one of the new Vekoma Hyper Space Coasters which is essentially an extended non launched version of Formula 1 and Energylandia.

Fantasy.png NewChang6.jpg Newchang7.jpg Newchang8.jpg
Strangely this new resort is very very close to the existing parks in Zhuzhou. While we dont know the exact location yet due to the Satellite images being fairly old it appears it is only around 50minutes drive away.

More here in Chinese: http://www.icswb.com/h/161/20151110/366103.html

More on this resort as it appears

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's a pretty impressive looking finale!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Strangely this new resort is very very close to the existing parks in Zhuzhou. While we dont know the exact location yet due to the Satellite images being fairly old it appears it is only around 50minutes drive away.

Changsha is a city of 7.2 million people, and Zhuzhou has roughly 4 million. I think there's a market big enough for two theme parks there. The Hunan province, where those cities are located, have more inhabitants than the UK (some 67 million according to Wikipedia), while being slightly smaller in area.

...then again, I can see the rebuttal here. London, with its population of 12 million, does not have two parks on that caliber close to it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
You are right people wise but it does seem an odd choice. I mean there are 2 parks there already. A Fantawild Adventure and an Oriental Heritage. Building another Oriental Heritage + 2 more parks means they will have 5 Theme Parks in quite a small area. While I'm not saying the area cant handle that many parks there are a few of bigger cities in China that don't have big parks. It just seemed odd to me especially as they wont be part of the same resort. its a whole new site.

On another note
As an Exercise for me more than anything else here's a list of the biggest cities and major park chains there already or under construction. Largest populations at the top.

Guangzhou - Wanda, Chimelong
Shanghai - Disney, OCT
Chongqing - Six Flags, OCT, Wanda
Bejing - Universal, OCT
Hangzhou - Fantawild, Six Flags
Wuhan - OCT
Chengdu - OCT, Wanda
Tianjin - OCT
Xi'an - No major operators but Lewa World is there
Jinan - Fantawild
Shenzhen - OCT
Nanjing - None of the major operators yet
Shenyang - Fantawild
Harbin - Wanda
Shantou - Fantawild
Suzhou - Wanda Wuxi is pretty much in Suzhou
Dongguan - None of the major operators yet
Wenzhou - None of the major operators yet
Qingdao - Wanda
Quanzhou - None of the major operators yet
Changsha - OCT, Fantawild

OCT clearly went in early for the biggest cities while Fantawild and Wanda are picking up many of the rest.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The perspective on that picture is really strange. The first drop doesn't look large enough for that loop!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That first hill still looks ****ing tiny compared to that first inversion!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm sorry, but have I misunderstood physics? How is this going to work exactly?
Launched lift? ;)

I'm still suspecting it's just a perspective thing.

The rails on the inversion are lower than the rails on the lift, but as the train is also inverted there's probably a couple of meters of between the centre of mass of the train at each instant. This might be enough....

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I did wonder if it's just the odd angle of the photo exaggerating the problem. Even with a launch it just 'seems' wrong.

Pear

Strata Poster
If this coaster works fine then the Vekoma should have no problem.

679cc84976cddf8b2c382c3fea4d8bec.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That final picture is great. That looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

(If it makes it through the first inversion, that is... ;) )