What's new

Fantawild Oriental Heritage | Handan China | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yet another Fantawild park under construction. A stones throw away from the one under construction in Anyang.

Some early concept art and planning which is well out of date now.
Handan2.jpg
Handan3.jpg

This is the one good construction shot I have seen so far but its a damn good one :)
Handan1.jpg

The 2nd Vekoma Hyper Space Warp is now complete and has in my opinion a nicer colour scheme as well.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This park is due to open officially on August 1st.
However some soft openings have happened already. Good to see more of these new style Vekomas coming online.

Han1.pngHan2.pngHan3.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean, I don't wanna be that guy, but that looks slow. Much slower than I expected. The hangtime in the first inversion isn't unexpected, but I thought it would whip through the rest of the layout.

The sequence from 1:07 to the brake run does looks pretty fab, though.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
First run of the day, maybe? It does look a bit sluggish...agreed on the ending though. Those last few hills and turns flow so well.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I agree it looks very sluggish, it's quite obvious it's meant to run faster.

The other one looks to be running pretty normally:-

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Guessing that the train is empty too. If it normally paces like the other one it'll be great!

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Comparing the POVs, there's about a four second difference in ride time from disengaging lift chain to hitting the brakes.
That's a reasonable amount on such a short layout - the new one is approx ten percent slower than the other version.