What's new

Fantasy Island NEW WEBSITE up and running P3

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes you heard correctly, finally after 13 seasons, FI have decided to introduce the wristband pricing system.

But this FI, and they dont do things normally, so they've decided to remove the token system, so it will be wristbands only, what idiots! Surely thats the worst thing they could do?

http://www.islandquest.co.uk/news.php?mode=view&id=283

Oh also, Absolutely Insane is expected to re-open this year.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Already booked a holiday at Skegness over the summer! Brilliant news!!! :D

marc

CF Legend
Thats great news.

But people will be rather pissed off if they buy a wrist band and rides are not open. I wish they had gone for a system like Adventure Island, you can pay for a single ride or wrist band.

Maybe now though more people will go, plus its a good time to do this as many people are expected to stay in the uk for holidays this year.

For me it would have meant more rides on JO last year rather than the one.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I really hope this means they will be making even more of an effort to ensure the rides are open, after all who's going to buy a wristband if the big rides are closed!

Also, in the summer, expect long queues as JO and MC only have one train, and AI holds like 6 people!

I wish they had gone for a system like Adventure Island

Thats the thing, every amusment park operates them 2 systems, and they work perfectly, FI will be losing out big time without tokens.

Its taken them 13 years to reaslise wristbands would be good, so they go and shoot themselves in the foot by removing tokens!

The only thing is, they mentioned ealrier in the year that they were looking at 2 new pricing systems...

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah great news especially if the 2 big coasters are open, but I don't think many people will bother without JO and MC running, it wouldn't be worth it. But hopefully Fantasy Island will improve reliability when the wristbands are introduced.

I still think they will lose out on the people who only want 1 or 2 rides or who will only want to visit for a short period of time and will not want to fork out for a whole wristband.

Rach

Giga Poster
Hurrah

I have no intention to return to Skegness for some time now after two pretty dismal visits this year.

However, the addition of possible wristbands is sort of drawing me back there.
My only niggle is the possible price of them. I can probably see them being quite pricey really if one of the cheapest rides is around £2.20.

If Fantasy Island do get wristbands, it could work really well in their favor. Or turn against them. Like others have said, the tokens would be better to stay to allow maybe parents to ride on the occasional ride or so.

It would increase the queues on the rides, but in busy Summer months that'll be great business for them and mean that they are able to run more than a couple of trains a hour and let the poor ride ops actually do some work.

I'm all for this and I really hope that they do go through with it.

marc

CF Legend
The problem will be as people have said, if the 2 main coasters are down people will walk away. So yes if they are open its a win, if they are shut the park will lose out.

Just means they have to keep them open more :)

I should think they would be around the £20 - £23 price range which is just about ok. Adventure Island charge about that much and they have less really. If they charge more than that then its to much.

As Rach said, I have no plans to rush back to Skegness either but as a cf live I think it would be fun and work better with the bands.

I still dont think there is enough to do there for a whole day.

aly

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Removing tokens is STUPID.

Introducing wristbands is win though.

Yup, I think removing the tokens completely is a bad idea, however Island Quest have raised this issue with the park which they are going to look at.

It's great that they have finally listened and are introducing wristbands this season. They have confirmed and I quote 'they will be excellent value for money'.

Conduit Lesiure Ltd seem to be pointing Fantasy Island in the right direction now.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great news.

That's a 2010 Live sorted out then.

Ali

Mega Poster
One word....... YAY!
Was really considering getting down to FI, but never bothered due to the park having no wristband system. But now! However, if I were to travel all the way to Skegness and find JO and MC closed, then I would be very pissed off. I will wait and see FI improve the reliability of their rides and if it does improve I shall be there in 2009, and definatly the 2010 Live!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
^ True. I mean the wristbands for the Pleasure Beach in Skegness cost around £12, so if these wristbands include MC and JO aswell as the other rides then I bet it will be around £15 - £18 or something.

nadroJ

CF Legend
This is quite good news, I'm heading up to ol' Skeggy this summer to do Fantasy Island and the surrounding parks, wristbands will make this a lot cheaper now. Wooo!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Good news :D Me, Martyn H and Peter were hoping to head for Fantasy later this year when we take a trip to Mingo and LWV. This should hopefully cut the costs slightly...perhaps...

Martyn B

CF Legend
What people have to realise is FI put alot of effort into the ride reliability last year, and JO and MC both had there most productive years to date and I'm sure FI will know that people wont buy wristbands if the big rides are closed.

Oh, and some more good news, FI really is moving with the times as they have replaced the token system with a 'mobile phone' kind of top up system.

You buy a card with as much money on it as you want, and each ride you go on deducts a certain amount from the car, depending on the ride's value, and if you run out, you can go top it up

So all these people worrying about removing tokens (including me), need not worry no more!

Update: Whilst tokens are no longer going to be sold, the new system will use a 'live card' that will be able to be topped up. This should provide an option for people who wish to continue to pay per ride. However, any tokens purchased up to Easter 2009 will still be usable; indicating that pay per ride prices will be equivalent to current prices, when the new system is in place. Pricing details are still to be finalised

http://www.islandquest.co.uk/news.php?mode=view&id=283

But my biggest concern is FI itself, I just prey that they do this properly, and advertise it, do 2 for 1 wristband vouchers in local and national newspapers, if they do FI will be very popular and this will definaly incourage future ride devolpements at the park, and secure the future of the theme park.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Prices are now confirmed by the park.

Child wristbands, upto the age of 11: £6-£16

Adult wristbands: £12-£22

By reading this

http://www.islandquest.co.uk/news.php?mode=view&id=287

It seems like you may get adult wristbands for £11-£17 online, but it doesn't make too much sense to me (the article).

And I dont yet no wether the prices vary on time of year, or knowing FI, only having certain rides on certain wristbands.