What's new

Fantasmagorical Faff - Trip Reports

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Home. Thanks again Everyone for a brilliant day. Highlights include the surprisingly good rapids and the bonus RMT laps.

Hope to see you all again soon!

Peet

Giga Poster
What a great day out at Towers, it was really good to see/meet everyone, thanks @Ian for organising and keeping our energy up with your bag of sugary treats!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thanks for yesterday! Was great to be back, catch up with old mates and get to know some new ones. The Live may not have had the quirky fun that Serena typically brings, but I hope my “mates mooching at a park” approach was good enough.

Nemesis was my standout ride of the day. It quite jerky but it’s still fantasmagorical in every way. It’ll be even better after the retrack.

Rita’s launch took me by surprise. I’ve forgotten how tight and fab the coaster is.

I enjoyed the coaster restaurant. Didn’t need the onion rings but by far the best park food I’ve had in a while. Was glad to sit down and digest during Duel. That ride looks “old fashioned” nowadays but it’s incredibly charming and ‘traditional’.

Disappointed by the rapids. Shame I couldn’t get on Wickerman (personal choice regarding queue time and drive home).

But the silly highlights of the day that left me smiling were Nemesis Wind, taking the same photos as everybody else, “flopple tower”, and the four laps on Mine Train! Choo choo!!

(No idea how to separate this topic into a trip report, so looking at @Hixee… at King64’s post above would be fab x)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The Live may not have had the quirky fun that Serena typically brings, but I hope my “mates mooching at a park” approach was good enough.

Just reading that made me laugh, as it reminded me of your response yesterday...

Me: "Do we have any queue-line games to pass the time like Serena does..."

Ian: "No... But I brought sweets."

🤣 🤣 🤣

Thanks for organising Ian, it was a very chilled out afternoon. Sorry I built the rapids up too much, but in my defence, on our boat we did get soaked, for the second day in a row... I haven't got, or seen anyone else get, wet on those rapids in over 6 years, so you'll have to excuse my excitement about that.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hahah, I usually sit the rapids out but I was so intrigued… When I go back, I’ll have a better understanding of the vegetation and upkeep of some ride features!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
We witnessed an incredible spectacle on the Live, potentially a worlds first… not one, not two, not even three but FOUR whole laps on Runaway Mine Train!

(If a Mod could please spin the picture round I’d appreciate it as I’ve tried and failed many times!)

q75GUZV.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I hope my “mates mooching at a park” approach was good enough.
Sometimes, those sorts of days can be the most enjoyable. That was pretty much the story of 2021 for many of us, after all.

I'm not sure there's a lot more to say. The park was pretty hideously busy, ride availability was all over the place, but we laughed, we chatted, we rode, and we probably consumed more sugar than we should have. We had a nice sit down dinner, and all in all, I think we all had a really good time of it.

I didn't take many pics during the Live itself, and I'll probably not get around posting a full set until I've finished working my way through my massive California photo backlog. That said, I did get a few that were just too entertaining to not post up-front.

Photo goons:
photo_goons.jpg

Nemesis wind:
nemesis_wind.jpg

Front row goons:
front_row_goons.jpg

Thanks for a fab day, everyone!

Last edited:

Will

Strata Poster
Good to hear everyone got a good day - hope it's the first of many successful Lives in a more 'normal' season :)

Sorry I couldn't make it in the end, but my mood has been a bit up-and-down the last couple of weeks and I feel like I have to be firing on all cylinders to do a large CF group, so opted to watch the F1 with an old-school CFer instead :)

I shall be back at Alton to feel the Nemesis wind in what's left of my hair sooner rather than later!

nadroJ

CF Legend
A fun, albeit extremely chilled out day. Fabulous cackling like idiots at stupid things with everyone once again. Best in-jokes of the day:

Treize
Vallee Interdite
'Huerrrrghhhh' or 'Hhhhggrrruuueehh'
Which Alton Towers hill is the most vile?
Nemesis wind
Stain
Flopple Tower

Will

Strata Poster
A fun, albeit extremely chilled out day. Fabulous cackling like idiots at stupid things with everyone once again. Best in-jokes of the day:

Which Alton Towers hill is the most vile?
Assuming the gardens are excluded, it's X-Sector.

Including the gardens, it's pagoda fountain to FV Skyride station :)

(This is totally going to end up as a topic now, isn't it...)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
How many times was the first CF rapids boat to leave the station overtaken?

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Really enjoyed last Sunday, even if I did turn up fashionably late.

I'll try and make it to a full day one of these if I'm not DJing the night before, so i can enjoy it from start to finish and be more with it.

Very chilled, it's always nice to walk around a theme park with no pressure. Was great to catch up with folks after a long time and meet new faces. The four laps of the mine train and the rapids boat palaver were a laugh, and Rollercoaster restaurant was a lot better than I expected, and it was nice to end the day off on Oblivion.