Failed/dropped plans you wish happened?

Olaf

Mega Poster
Efteling buying Olympia Looping.. that was a thing in 1995 if I'm correct

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

VTCGA5

Roller Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
First was that Chang would come to the front of the park in 2011. It was to be renamed Green Lantern, and was going to be given the first ever standup-floorless conversion.

I don't think this was ever confirmed, but rather a rumor made by enthusiasts. I also thought it would've been named Bizzaro personally, though I would've honestly liked if the Chang theme stayed

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
I haven't ridden it yet, so I'm sure I'll get some flak for this, but I kinda wish Liseberg had made Helix a mega coaster instead of a multi-launch. I vaguely remember why they said they went with the design they did, but it would have looked really cool.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Superbatboy said:
tomahawk said:
Kingda Ka and the relocation from SFMM to SFGAdv
:?: :?:
Originally Kingda Ka was supposed to go where Tatsu is, launching over the rapid. Plans were then changed to Tatsu and well, it all worked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
tomahawk said:
Superbatboy said:
tomahawk said:
Originally Kingda Ka was supposed to go where Tatsu is, launching over the rapid. Plans were then changed to Tatsu and well, it all worked.

Were you hammered when you wrote this? Tatsu starts on a much higher elevation than the rapids, Kingda is on a flat parking lot. That would be nearly impossible at sfmm!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Shirofukurou said:
tomahawk said:
Superbatboy said:
tomahawk said:

Were you hammered when you wrote this? Tatsu starts on a much higher elevation than the rapids, Kingda is on a flat parking lot. That would be nearly impossible at sfmm!
The top hat was past the Rapids with the launch track going over the path and rapids. They were going to use the mountain to their advantage for height and get it to 500 feet just based on elevation. Allegedly...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
On a purely selfish level:

The original snow/ice themed area (pre-Frozen) for Hong Kong Disney, which was allegedly swapped out at the last moment for Toy Story after Ocean Park announced their north/south pole expansion.

Pirates of the Caribbean land in the empty space - still empty - next to Grizzly Gulch, which Shanghai ended up getting. HK's couldn't have been as big though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, it's not like you can see it and it's causing an eyesore. There's also a huge space running from Toy Story Land to Small World. There's total space left for 3 small lands (Grizzly Gulch size) or 1 small and 1 much bigger.

I'm just glad they left them empty and squeezed Iron Man into Tomorrowland rather than wasting that space which has a lot of potential. Hopefully they don't just extend Toy Story Land into the space. That would be s**te.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Edward M said:
VTCGA5 said:
Iron Wolf receiving Chang's trains instead of being removed

But, but, but, Goliath?
He's on another forum I'm on(SFGAmWorld). He is pretty much sexually attracted to Stand Ups, and would do anything to ride one. He thinks that IW is better than Goliath for whatever reason.

Btw, that was never a plan.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Rumored is the key word. Not planned, rumored. I'm only talking about plans that the park had(i.e. Chang going to SFGAm or AT's Cross-Valley woodie).

But it is no secret that you hold Standups in the highest regard.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I was being sarcastic about the sexual attraction bit. You'll come across that a lot on here. The last post had nothing to do with sexual attraction anyway, I was just stating that you liked Standups more than anything else.

Not really, no. You go around almost everywhere bugging me about your love of standups and wanting to ride Iron Wolf, and trading Goliath for it. It's my top coaster, yes, but I don't treat it as the second coming of Jesus.

On topic, I would've liked to see the 2 B&Ms that Six Flags Over Texas and Over Georgia would've gotten before Time Warner(?) cancelled the contracts.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Oh wait, they weren't cancelled, they were Georgia Scorcher and Batman the Ride respectfully. I guess I read it wrong, as I remember reading somewhere that Time Warner(or whoever bought the company around that time) wanted a cheaper contract, so they tried to cancel the 3 B&Ms coming in 1999. I thought I read that SFGAm was too far into development to be cancelled and the other were cancelled. Guess they weren't. Oh well.

S

SimonSays99

Would have loved if Skyline Park would have brought back Thriller from Mexico... :(