What's new

Faarup Sommerland | Orkanen | Vekoma SFC

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
That's going to look really nice when it's done and the water's in there. Maybe it's not saying much, but this will easily be the best of the SFCs.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
This is a very pretty and nice looking ride, but it's extremely short, espically with the speed it will be flying round with.

Lofty

CF Legend
This has started to test:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-vH_jHKVE[/youtube]

I think it looks great to be honest. Fantastic family coaster. The back row first drop looks like BIG fun.

andrus

Giga Poster
Looks nice! Kvasten at Gröna Lund is smooth and all, but very boring. This layout is much closer to the ground and includes tunnels n stuff, so I'll bet the sensation of speed will be a lot better. It looks rather fast in the video as well!

According to rcdb.com it'll open the 5th of June, a week before I visit :) I damn hope they're on schedule!!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
This is how it looks with all the water in the lake.

It really looks good!
I'm going on the opening on wednesday, and will off course bring back pics and videos of my day!

Attachments

• Orkanenscreen (640x449).jpg
    Orkanenscreen (640x449).jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 85

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like a fantastic little coaster. Brilliant settings, looks lovely.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Since I didn't really take any pictures for a PTR, I won't really bother you, with a whole new thread about my day. So I'll just post my thoughts here.

First of, the appearance! - Orkanen is extremely well integrated within the park, it looks so good infact, that one would think it has been part of the plans from day one!

The start of the queue line winds beautifully through the lake and takes you to a smaller manageable cattlepen.
All the way, the line is nicely themed with boat wreckages and damaged stuff, complimenting the hurricane theme. The station is themed to a boat repair shop, complete with laddish mess and some calenders featuring naked women.

When you're finally on the coaster, the first thing to notice is the comfortable seats, you can easily move your body around, making you feel very free.
Now up the tire driven lift to a shy height of 20 meters, and then gravity takes over...

Due to a very long train, the first couple of cars will be hanging a bit in the start of the first drop, but after that, pretty much every seat offers fun!
Down under the water you go, where some mist disorientate you, and before you know it you're flying through the most enjoyable overbank!
Then down again into a more straight piece of track, that makes sure that you stay close to the water, before hitting the first floaty transition into one of the helixes, which offer good family friendly g's!
Then over the station and into another lovely helix followed by a turn into another tunnel full of mist.
From here a final turn into the station puts an end to one of the best family coasters out there!

It only runs one train due to the station acting as the final brake run which makes for a max capacity of 670 pph. But I would've liked to see two smaller trains instead of one long one. It would make them clear the lift a little faster and increase the pace, but really that's just nitpick. And I have no idea of how they would alter the layout in order to make a "real" final brakerun.

It's the perfect addition to Faarup! It's smooth, it's fun, and most of all very family friendly with a height requirement of only 105cm.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's true, when they do pretty much bugger all, they're pretty smooth ;)

It's a superb family ride though no doubt at all which is exactly where Vekoma excel.

andrus

Giga Poster
Some pictures I took of the ride during my visit:

orkanen3.jpg

orkanen5.jpg

orkanen2.jpg

orkanen4.jpg

orkanen6.jpg

It's a very picturesque coaster! I liked the ride, definitely better than Kvasten at Gröna Lund :) It is pretty fast and has some nice helixes. There are some short moments of airtime as well in the transitions and the little dive in the shed before the station. And as with Kvasten, it is very smooth and has some of the most comfortable seats available. While it isn't something that'll give a coaster enthusiast a kick, it's still great fun. And the kids absolutely loved the ride. Well done Fårup!