What's new

Fårup Sommerland Has Plans To Expand Falken

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
In an interview with "Theme Park Freaks", CEO Søren Kragelund has revealed that they plan on expanding their wooden roller coaster, Falken!

The park has spent several years of negotiation with the local authorities in order to ease the current height restriction in the park and now it sounds like they're having luck.

If this is approved, Fårup will be able to increase the height of Falken with 10 meters, which ultimately will put the 20 meter S&S built coaster at a maximum height of 30 meters.
Furthermore there is plans to sacrifice parts of the parking lot in order to also increase the length of the coaster.
There is also talk of adding an extra train.

Fårup is currently talking to various companies who are able to conduct such improvements, and while we yet don't know who that will be, it is certainly not going to be S&S, as they have closed down their department for wooden coasters.

That is all we know at this point.

Personally I think this sounds really interesting and very uncommon to say the least!
It sounds kind of weird if they're just going to make it taller and extend it, or maybe it will get an RMC-Treatment?

Source: http://themeparkfreaks.eu

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, it just so happens that the chap who designed Falken now works for RMC. It has to be RMC. Please!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think that's a very neat and original idea. And it screams RMC like crazy, because they are the only ones who have actually dealt with such drastic changes in current wooden coasters like Texas Giant or Rattler.

A second train would be nice. Even though the coaster ran smoothly on the single train it has, I reckon a second one wouldn't hurt either.

As for inversions, I hope they add some extreme maneuvers without going upside down, a bit like Lightning Rod. Hopefully they'll fix the rest of the track tooo because I felt it was a bit rough in certain spots...