What's new

Fårup My Frikadella Trip Reports!

^^ Don't worry Gavin, you look fantastic :p .

That assault course looks amazing! I would have liked to try that, but noo, I couldn't come :p .

All the reports are great so far, I'm lovin' 'em.

^I'm slowly getting there, although I keep getting flashbacks!

Wish I'd made that session in the pub, sounds like it was a good laugh. I seriously needed some sleep though!

Annika from Hansa Park said:
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your friendly words. We appreciate very much that you enjoyed your visit in HANSA-PARK, especially "Fluch von Novgorod".

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Yours sincerely

Annika Seecker
-Marketing & Events-

Do you reckon we can email Tivoli Friheden and ask if they can send the shirts for those that did the SCAD Tower through the post. I hate Theme Park Review for taking them all when they went. :x

^ You hate TPR for taking T-shirts that said SCAD Tower 2005?!

I'm enjoying reading through these TRs!

Were you able to get a video when doing the SCAD tower Ollie?

Divv were the views on the coaster and the parks the same on our trip as yours? As I remember there were many different views from the German trip, I am just interested.

Apologies for the delay in me posting but my internet is finally working properly.

Big thanks to pretty much everyone on the trip. I had an amazing time and really appreciated everyone being nice and welcoming on my first Live. It won't be my last :--D

My highlights:
Meeting some really good friends.
Champagne + Colossos!
Piraten ERT.
The Danish bar.
Mushroom's epic fall off the trampoline
Dan falling off the bridge (Sorry!)
Marc's laugh being infectious
Daily slushes
Free beer at Bakken
Numerous quotes from Will
Aiden being the most sick-minded person i ever met!
ect ect.

My only regrets now are not doing Vertigo and the Scad Tower. Thanks everyone for making it a great week! I miss most of you a lot :(

marc said:
Divv were the views on the coaster and the parks the same on our trip as yours? As I remember there were many different views from the German trip, I am just interested.

I think for the most part the opinions were pretty similar to you guys. The group opinions were quite mixed on the TPR trip as seems to be the case for CF. Some people loved the B&M others thought meh. The Intamin spinner at Bakken I absolutely hated whereas Lou loved it. There were quite a few rides like that.

Piraten was a big favourite but people found it a lot better in the afternoon which seems to be the same feeling here.

Fluch was a HUGE favourite with the TPR group, I was so impressed with that thing and it's not even finished yet! I don't know how much further the theming had come along when you guys rode it. Were the dark ride parts still pretty much "dark"?

Hansa, Djurs and Farup were all big favourites with the TPR group.

What I will say with regards to parks is that CF absolutely must get to Grona Lund at some point. I was really blown away by that place! You guys would love it I'm sure. They really roll out the red carpet for the enthusiast groups too!

I'm so jealous of the people who picked up the Heide rapids ash trays. I'm still kicking myself for not buying one last year!

Thanks to everyone especially Slayed and drivers, they were the back bone for this trip!
I met some really really great people and I'm thankful everyone was nice in return it was an excellent trip and I wouldn't of wanted it to happen in any other way, shape or form.
Glad to hear from you Andy, hope all goes well for you.
Keep the videos coming as the water fight one brought a tear to the eye, cheers marc haha.

Also, my pictures will be put up on Facebook soon but I've got almost 1000 pictures to sort through and haven't been home much :)

Divv Mark regretted that for years thats why he was happy that they still sold them.

They used to sell them at Atlon as well but not in red.

I really liked it out there, so far its my 2nd favotite place to Orlando. I will 100% go back to all the parks but 1 or 2.

I can now see why you and Tom wanted to go back.

Taylor it is a shame you could not come would have been great to meet you.

Taylor it is a shame you could not come would have been great to meet you.

Haha, we'll meet one day.. I'm gonna really push goin to Europe for 2010, so hope for then :p . Plus, my mom considered to let me go here for a little bit but then ended up saying no, but next year I'm 18 and she basically said I could anyway, so if I have enough time and money, hopefully I can at least get to the UK :)

Day 2 - Djurs + Friheden

We awoke on day 2 to head off to Djurs for the Piraten ERT, while I really really liked Heide Parks style of ERT of champagne & q-jumping, it was a little too early for that sort of thing so I was just hoping the ride would be fully functional!

It was me, Aidan, Jerry & Manda who set off in Jerrys car to cross the border and head to Djurs! We LOL'd at a number plate with "SAW" on it and all thought of Ollie immediately... and crossed the border, the picture aint too great but this is the border...

5813_258316665240_636635240_8070930_7635566_n.jpg

We stopped off at a petrol station to fill up and because its in Kroner it looked bloody scary!

5813_258316675240_636635240_8070932_2923325_n.jpg

We arrived at Djurs and Piraten was OPEN! Excellent, our first full ERT session on the cards...

On the way in Jordan asked the guy how to say thank you in Danish, which he replied "MangaTak" but I think we discovered that was "thank you very much" as the general word seemed to be "Tak".

This was also the point where Chris told us this was the park with the Ninja ride, but no one knows where the ride is because its that awesome at being a ninja...

5813_258316680240_636635240_8070933_7605354_n.jpg

Piraten looked stunning, this was my wallpaper for the second day because I'm a goon like that

5813_258316705240_636635240_8070937_5780569_n.jpg

Jerry oversees the ERT

5813_258316720240_636635240_8070939_1683085_n.jpg

Andy & Mark obviously approve of Piraten!

5813_258316730240_636635240_8070940_3096348_n.jpg

My thoughts on the ride... fun, cable-lift hills are win because its not a mega wait to get the fun going, the drop and turn is mega. The middle airtime sections with the twisty tops I found to be pretty uncomfortable, the last two straight airtime hills are fun though, the ORP is in a silly place, on a corner into the brake run.
Its a fun ride, and easily the best at Djurs, but not something I'd rate really highly to be honest...

After this Ian bought a Daim ice-cream and every person who came off each remarked "OOOH DAIM BAR ICE CREAM!", if Ian was on commission in the shop he would have made a fortune haha.

After this we headed over to Thors Hammer, with a stop at the trampolines, and slide with a climbing wall type thing. I got to the top but opted for the easy route. Slid down and had a right old lol at people attempting the hardest route and sliding down...

We got to Thors Hammer, it was closed until 11 so we headed for some rapids if I remember rightly, and also some slush faff. Djurs probably had the nicest Slush of the parks to be honest with you.

We headed back to Thors Hammer and joined the queue.

5813_258316750240_636635240_8070943_4049420_n.jpg

Mark was still over the moon with his Piraten ERT whoring session, Ollie was beginning to miss Saw...

Thors Hammer was very average too in my opinion, like a wild mouse with a few banked turns...

In case you'd forgot though, we're still a bunch of credit whores as we did the big apple coaster next...

5813_258316765240_636635240_8070946_7978935_n.jpg

Afterwards we broke for lunch, a few of us did the burger stall, a few headed off to the BBQ buffet (which I wish I did now as the burger meal wasn't great).

A few rode Piraten again after lunch, I sat out and had a beer with Jerry & Chris... apparently I missed a humorous sweat mark picture.

The rest of Djurs is a blur, blurry Djurs haha, but anyways, we left Djurs, and headed to the hotel.
Its a miracle we made it as the satnav's and the instructions we had didn't take into account the major roadworks on the motorway.

After a while we were all there and were taken aback by the lobby, it looked really really posh, then we went into the rooms and found the death trap bunk beds and the wonderfully spacious toilet/shower room!

After we'd all *ahem* settled, we headed off for the walk to...

5813_258316775240_636635240_8070948_1598111_n.jpg

The SCAD tower stands high n mighty among the rest of the park.

5813_258316790240_636635240_8070950_6906472_n.jpg

After we whored the coasters (I won't go into detail, they're pretty boring standard coasters, which are literally nothing to write home about)...

A load of people rode the bumper cars 'blindfolded' except as soon as the bell rung they lifted them, except the goon hahaha, I think Ryan left his on for a short while too though!

5813_258316815240_636635240_8070954_6518084_n.jpg

This was also where the awesome flat 'Pegasus'? I think its name was...
Definitely not one for the spin'n'spew sufferers but it was awesome, I love this type of ride, so it had many LOL's and many WTF IS GOING ON's....

We all went in the fun-house after, which Steven decided to turn evil inside...

5813_258316825240_636635240_8070955_6442358_n.jpg

The walk back to the hotel consisted of bin liners, amusing graffiti (YOU IS A ****), and many LOL's!
We all went to a bar for a few beers, and headed back when they kicked out, a few went back out to the Billabong bar, I got a couple beers from the lobby and crashed out asleep on top of the quilt still in my clothes!

Fun times indeed.

Well - I've finally decided to write my trip report after a week!

Day 1 - Heide park.

After the early, but not too bad flight, and a bit of faff getting the cars - we finally arrived at Heide Park, to the news that colossos was closed, and our ERS would be on dessert race instead - DAMN!

The park was pretty crowded, so we only got to do the coasters and (c)rapids - no rapids rides come close to popeye and bluto at IOA, phantasialands river quest or the acme rapids at parque warner.

Park itself was very nicely presented - slightly smaller than alton towers, but a few more filler attractions - but not as many as Europa Park spoil you with!

Schweizer bobbahn - a pretty forceful Mack bobsled coaster - rather liked it - but the lift hill at the end, just before the station was a little pointless

Grottenbllitz - A rather fun Mack powered coaster, with a nice indoor section

Indy blitz - a diddy little zierer force one - gimme a tivoli any day!

Big loop - Surprisingly smooth for an old Vekoma, quite forceful, and had a cool surprise drop towards the end - my only complaint was the name of the ride - surely "a few small loops" would have been more accurate?

Limit - Missed out on this SLC as I needed drinks, but everyone said it was awful

(on the subject of drinks - they were hard to get, as none of the souvenir shops sold bottles, and all the stalls had long queues)

We then when for our ERT on desert race, and were greeted with bubbly as an apology for colossos being out of action - whilst drinking, colossos started testing, but we were told it wouldn't be running today - but we then saw PEOPLE on it. we were offered one queuejump for each of colossos and desert race.

Desert race - I didn't rate quite as highly as rita - the first turn seemed bigger, but the hills didn't seem to give as much air.

Colossos was incredible - airtime on every hill, and such bloody good fun - don't think I've ever been on such a high after 1 go on a coaster, considering it was only about 5 runs in - it's clearly my new number 1!

Definitely a park I will visit again, for colossos whorage and to do the rest of the park
---------

Day 2 - pt 1 - Djurs Sommerland.

we were pulled up for speeding near the Danish border - which added about 40 minutes to our traveling time, so missed most of the piraten ERS.

Park was very nice indeed - think of a really big kids fairground, with lots of trampolines, and then add a couple of familty coasters, and then slap a world class coaster in there!

Piraten - still had time for about 4 or 5 rides in the remainder of the ERS - Really liked it - plenty of airtime, and kept up a good speed throughout the course - including a nice s-bend with bunny hops, the only slight disappointmentg was the first hill, it gave a good ride throughout the train too - miles better than EGF

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

Thors hammer - a fun little Gerstlauer bobsled (why are they called bobsleds??), but not quite as good as the one at klotten

Missed out on the big apple.

Other stuff included trampolines, a big log swing, nice log flume, reasonable rapids.. Unfortunately the topple tower was broken

The cf mice all had their turn in the wheel!
IMG_0501.jpg

and we nearly broke the log swing
IMG_0507.jpg

oh - and the all you can eat buffet was excelent!

it was all too much for one poor member though!
IMG_0519.jpg

pt 2 - Tivoli friheden.

not bad for a city centre park, certainly worth doing if your in the area.

Cobra - was rather rough and shaky, but quite a nice layout.

There was also a pinfari looper which wasn't too rough at all

spinning mouse, with unusual lap bars

and a big apple - did this one as there wasn't much of a queue.

The highlight was pegasus - a technical park ride - a cross between a huss evolution, and an angled arm, like on a topscan - really really, seriously good! despite the long program I wasn't even close to a sicky feeling

IMG_0508.jpg

video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8pV3LWDLw
(may be a while until it's uploaded)

The fun house was also good - loved the room with the angled floor, but I missed the ghost train, waiting for people to finish on the scad tower (which I was too heavy for :(.... ), suddenly realised it was just a few minutes til closing, rushed there - queued for a few minutes (during which time the ride op said nothing), and then about 6 others joined the queue - we were all turned away as it was closed... (1 of 2 minor ride op complaints)

Then off to the teeny rooms in the kabin hotel.

-----------

Day 3 - Pt 1 - Farup sommerland

Another nice family oriented park, lots of woods for shade, but not quite as nice a djurs.

From the car park we could see lynet:
IMG_0510.jpg

and falken
IMG_0511.jpg

Lynet - had an hours ERT, nice fun launch, and some good elements in a compact layout - rather liked it, even if it did get a bit sickly after 3 or 4 rides
IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

launch vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDCWyX8cgVw

Falken - a fun woody, had one go in the morning, and a couple whilst the group went on the assault course - it had warmed up quite nicely by then!

the park also had a standard spinning mouse, and a vekoma junior which was quite nice going through the trees.

the bat on the spinning mouse was well masculine though!
IMG_0520.jpg

other stuff - speedboats, and the usual log flume and rapids, as well as some bouncy stuff

Pt 2 - Karolinelund

Vekoma boomerang was pretty painfull, but according to others was one of the better boomerangs - the trains did look nice and purple

IMG_0523.jpg

The pinfari looper of death was just that...

There weas also a big apple, with 2 trains and a turntable - we all got about 5 circuits, including a surprise drop at the beginning of each when the car sped over the loading platform!

The drop tower was nice and punchy - On a par with apocalypse and detonator

Would have liked to have done the ghost train and funhouse too though..

Day 4 - pt 1 - Tivoli gardens.

the morning / early afternoon here had the only rain of the trip, the park looked very nice, although we only had a couple of hours.

Daemonen - wasn't quite as good as I was expecting, but I did like the zero g, and the airtime pop before the brake run - felt the back was best

odin express - a mack powered coaster - usually decent fun

Rutschebanen - a 90 yr old side friction woody - glad it had dried enough, was a nice little ride.

there was also a small tivoli coaster - with about 6 circuits!

also did their drop tower, and the huss flic flac, which was insane, out of control and uncomfortable

Highlight was vertigo - pulled some good gs....

pt 2 - Bakken.

I really liked bakken - any Blackpool pleasure beach fans should make this a must visit.. Again - only had a couple of hours.

The scenic - was pretty mad for a 1930's coaster - most drops were "2 stages" to give extra airtime- more exciting than tivolis, but tivoli's had a bit more charm

Tornado - the intamin spinner - had a nice speedy lift hill, and if the weight in the car is uneven, it spins like crazy! was my 200th credit.

Racing - zierer flitzer - similar ride to blackpool's wild mouse - loved it!

mine train ulven - cracking ride

missed the small tivoli though

Other highlights - a soaking on splash battle, double shot tower, fun house, ghost train with live actor, and the crazy theater - seats were horses, and you had to shoot stuff - was hard to follow where you were shooting, but fun anyway!

Overall - I would like to go back to copenhagen and spend a bit more time at each park, and possibly do bonbonland and legoland too..

Day 5 - hansa park.

A nice relaxing park.

a nice welcome awaited!
IMG_0525.jpg

along with free gifts (lanyard, badge and t-shirt (which was too small -oh well, you can't win em all))

nice entrance:
IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

and if you forget the date..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVldvCQ8yA

Fluch von novgorod - had an ert on this, the launch was nice, but I just found it a bit rough, and not quite as intense as expected. Back right seats had the smoothest ride

Nessie - good air at the back, but not up to much at the front

Rassender roland - another vekoma junior coaster.

crazy mine - Maurer sohne mouse - I rather like regular mouse coasters!

The 2 flume rides were good - especially supersplash, despite the slightly lame appearance

also did the panorama tower, star flyer, and the looping ship
- as well as el paso express (schwarzkopf bayernkurve)- was weird,
IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwecptuLPAI

Had my only 2 "walks of shame" here too - first was on the bell ride - although the ride op didn't even try to push the restraint down a bit futher - instead just fiddling a bit with the buckle (my second minor ride op complaint),. and the drop tower which looked a bit lame anyway!

the bell did not toll for me....
IMG_0532.jpg

views from the tower:
IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLTQIGvDnwQ

Ride of the day was easily the "slipping into the pond" ride though... really caught me by surprise!! :oops: