What's new

Europe Park?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
My family and i are traveling to Europe for the second time ever :p
I've been to England before and we plan to visit again this summer but thats not all...
We also plan to visit Italy, France, Spain, and Germany

My question is what park in Europe is worth going to???

I've been to Thrope Park in England but would like to see a different park this time.
I'm looking for only one as we want to spend more time visiting Historical and culture sits.

I want the park to have a balance between good coasters and family rides.

Whats your favorite?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
If you want a EXCELLENT balance, Europa Park. Also you have Phantasia Land. And if you are travelling between the 2 (if you decide to do both), pop into Holiday Park to ride Expedition GeForce (All Germany)

Parque Warner (Madrid) and Port Aventura (Salou) are the best in Spain. If you are in Madrid, you might as well goto Parque De Attrationes.

Italy erm... take a look at this for ideas: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29729

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
In England I imagine it would have to be Alton Towers; in Germany go with either of the ones Mushy mentioned: Phantasialand or Europa Park; in Spain again one of the two Mushy said: Parque Warner or Port Aventura; in France Disneyland Paris or Parc Astérix & in Italy either Gardaland, Mirabilandia or Rainbow Magicland.
Some tough choices as all are great parks, so I imagine location will come into play depending on exactly where you'll be in each of those countries. If I had to choose just one, it would be Europa Park as it has the greatest amount & variety of rides but requires two days to get everything in.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Thanks guys it was really helpful, i ve been doing some reasearch and i have decided to choose Europa Park, Gardaland due to their loaction.
They also come off as the best looking parks of the lot.
which one would u pick out of the 2? (I only have one day and one park to pick :( )

A

Anonymous

^ Of those two, then I would go with Europa Park, since it's probably one of the best parks in the world...
On the other hand I haven't been to Gardaland so I cant really make a fair comparison between the two.

andrus

Giga Poster
My personal favourite park is Port Aventura <3 Europa Park is great too but I think it lacks in the intense ride department. Silver Star and Blue Fire are good rides but not that thrilling. Eurosat is awesome though! Europa Park has a huge amount of rides with great theming and it's a lovely place to visit, but for me it lacks in intensity!

Port Aventura is great theming wise as well. It's a huge park with lot's of things to do. Three top notch water rides, a fun wooden coaster and "the big three" with the amazing coaster Dragon Khan, europe's fastest coaster Furius Baco and one of the tallest drop towers in the world Huracan Condor! :--D

It's a tough choise, both Port Aventura and Europa Park are top notch parks that delivers. But for me Port Aventura is the slightly better of the two!

A FELLOW ONTARIAN! That's fab, haha, and it's about time! Oakville is near Wonderland isn't it? Should meetup at some point!

Anyway, to answer your question, as far as England goes I have only been to three parks there so far but Alton was by far the best. Thorpe had some good thrill rides but it's nowhere I'd rush to get back to, Chessie had a nice atmosphere and good family rides but nothing for the thrill seeker. Alton has everything, from the atmosphere to the amazing rides.

As far as mainland Europe, I've yet to do any parks over there (will do in the summer though yay), I'd say Europa or Port Aventura. I've heard great things about both and they look like they have a wide range of things to do.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
A FELLOW ONTARIAN! That's fab, haha, and it's about time! Oakville is near Wonderland isn't it? Should meetup at some point!.

Lmao yea i'm about 45 minutes away from wonderland :p just renewed my season pass XD i can't wait for winderseeker.

yea i hope to get out to europa park but i may not get to it during my trip. I do plan to go to Gardaland in Italy though, and hopfully i can get out to park adventura cuse it's an hour from Barcelona and im only going to be there for one day :(

Lmao yea i'm about 45 minutes away from wonderland :p just renewed my season pass XD i can't wait for winderseeker.

Fab, Windsor here! So I'm closer to Cedar Point but still go to Canada's Wonderland at least once a year :p

I forgot about Phantasialand too, looks amaaaazing.

andrus

Giga Poster
Venom2053 said:
hopfully i can get out to park adventura cuse it's an hour from Barcelona and im only going to be there for one day :(
As you stated yourself it's only one hour by train from Barcelona central station (Sants) and Port Aventura has got it's on train station so it's really easy to get there! :) But if you only have one day to spend it's a tough choice, there's a lot of things to see and do in the lovely city of Barcelona!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
One park in the whole of Europe? Tough call, surely! But, like the masses, I'd day Europa Park. It's certainly a different experience to most parks, so it's got that unique vibe that you won't get anywhere else. It's a shame you can't get two days in it though. Other parks have possibly a better coaster line up, but there's something about the place that feels unique. It's the Mackness of it all!

Nic

Strata Poster
If you're only in Barcelona for one day, don't waste it going to Port Aventura. I mean, it's a fantastic park, but I wouldn't miss the chance to see Barcelona and its gorgeous architecture (Gaudí FTW! :D) just for the sake of going there.