What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
That launch up into a small quarter loop followed by a bigger half loop to the ground reminds me of this old Hoei Sangyo Patent for a coaster that had a similar (Sans vertical launch) Small half Loop/Big Half Loop design. I always wanted to see this elemement happen. Like doing a small B&M half loop into a big B&M half loop in RCT.

Hoiei1.jpg

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Considering the very unforgiving location (over a road and river, in between maintenance buildings and a roundabout, on a narrow footprint) plus the need for block sections every 36 seconds (to reach 1600 riders per hour with only 16 person trains), I'm especially impressed with Voltron's layout! I expected nothing like this when Voltron was announced way back in 2017. I also expected Voltron to be similar Blue Fire, considering they're both launch coasters with inversions, but a vertical launch (!) at the start, turntable and potential swing launch (!!) mid-ride will absolutely set Voltron apart. There is less "self-dueling" than I expected, though I doubt MACK could've done much more given how narrow the footprint is (no room for turnarounds) - regardless, Voltron looks to be packed full of wild and/or one-of-a-kind elements across a surprisingly long layout. Can't wait for this to finally open next year.

Niles

Giga Poster
Some more interesting pictures show that there is room for eight trains to be stored in the maintenance areas.
1650696127746.jpeg

Here is also a look at the station layout.
1650696528071.jpeg
1650696643610.jpeg

Put together they look like this, I like that it looks like there might be a bridge over the water to enter the ride.
1650696627234.jpeg
Got to say I love funky layouts and I think this will be a great fit for Europa, also I think the Tesla theme sounds like a brilliant fit to.

Source & Source

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
I find that layout extremely intersting. They already anounced, that it will not be the most intense coaster, but it looks like it will be a very fun coaster to ride. I hope it will have a lot of theming around the tracks.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I don’t mean to be a killjoy, but does anybody else loathe these speculative concepts that are always hastily thrown together based purely on a layout plan view? They are borderline meaningless.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I don’t mean to be a killjoy, but does anybody else loathe these speculative concepts that are always hastily thrown together based purely on a layout plan view? They are borderline meaningless.
I don't mind them tbh, just a bit of fun isn't it. I don't think anyone expects it to be accurate, and I always find it quite interesting to look back years later to see what we all thought a coaster would be like at the time.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I don't mind them tbh, just a bit of fun isn't it. I don't think anyone expects it to be accurate, and I always find it quite interesting to look back years later to see what we all thought a coaster would be like at the time.
That’s fair. I’m probably taking on the role of fun police a bit too much. It’s just annoying how users like this label it as a “recreation” as if it is all said and done. It’s not a recreation; it’s a loose fantasy.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Coastersworld.fr user 'Ticatoc' has put together a detailed analysis of the planning permission documents.
index.php

Buildings Key:
A - Maintenance Bays/Train Storage
B - Presumed Showscene
C - Not yet built backstage warehouse
D - New pathway connecting the area to Russia

Colours:
Red - Track
Green - Station
Yellow - Vertical Launch
Orange - Swing Launch
Purple - Turntable
Gray - Brakes
Dark Blue - Buildings
Light Blue - Rest of phase 1 of the new Croatia themed area with this ride

● 1: Station: off load & load
● 2: Possible show scene
● 3: Vertical launch
● 4: "Loop"
● 5: Roll
● 6: Airtime Hill
● 7: Immelman
● 8: Non-Inverting Immelmann
● 9: Stall
● 10: Airtime Hill
● 11: “Dive”
● 12: "Looping"
● 13: brakes (standstill)
● 14: Turntable
● 15: Swing Launch
● 16: Spike (Vertical? Inversion? Twisted? )
● 17: Top Hat
● 18: Airtime Hill
● 19: Reverse banked stall (Outer bank?)
● 20: Double up
● 21: mcbr
● 22: Roll (Barrel roll? Zero-G?)
● 23: S curve
● 24: corkscrew
● 25: final brake run

index.php

Source

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ok this really could be quite epic I reckon. Vertical launch>Loop>Downwards Roll and an airtime pop coming out of it sounds rather fab. And a swing launch half way through? Colour me intrigued...

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I mean, that's not too hard tbh.
Tbf Silver Star/Wodan/Blue Fire isn't a bad top three. Not really a park focused on roller coasters anyway with their 2,000 dark rides.

Having a look at the layout, where are the block zones? I have counted very few of them.

I can't quite picture how Europa Park are going to run this coaster with such small trains and still get a decent throughput.
For this one i believe we should just trust Mack. They managed with Euro-Mir and Poseidon which you may of thought of as throughput nightmares. But both take about 1600 maxium.. Even GCI's aren't really good with throughputs and they managed to tip Wodan into the 1200 range, compared to Wickerman's 952 (this is considering maxium throughput, in the perfect cirumcstances.). This will be into the 1200+ range easily, if not higher.

cookie

Giga Poster
Didn't they say they were targeting 1600 per hour? That would mean 100 dispatches per hour with 16-passenger trains, or a train leaving the station every 36 seconds. Not sure how that's doable unless they load more than one train at a time ala Poseidon, or it's a continuously moving platform like Arthur.

Edit: Then again, Lost Gravity's theoretical capacity suggests a 36-second dispatch interval as well, which I'm not sure how that's possible either.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Didn't they say they were targeting 1600 per hour? That would mean 100 dispatches per hour with 16-passenger trains, or a train leaving the station every 36 seconds. Not sure how that's doable unless they load more than one train at a time ala Poseidon, or it's a continuously moving platform like Arthur.

Edit: Then again, Lost Gravity's theoretical capacity suggests a 36-second dispatch interval as well, which I'm not sure how that's possible either.
When they can send out Euromir trains in 12 seconds, I think they could manage 36 seconds on this.

Markiewong

Roller Poster

Lost Gravity actually manages that quite some times. Each staff only has to check 4 restraints, I think that during Halloween they even have 4 staff in the station so each one only checks 2 restraints. Look at how EP runs Silver Star, 36 secs for this should be easy peasy.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
The 36 second dispatch should be possible with ease - just look at the Olympia Looping dispatch time on high tide at Oktoberfest. We are not talking US dispatches here (;

I assume they will build a locker terminal like with FLY at Phantasialand maybe also with detectors before entering the station area. That way guests can deposit their stuff into a locker and get a RFID wristband - and get their stuff back after exiting the station.

I hope more parks will do that - it really speeds up things. The most time loss you have on coasters like Blue Fire and Helix is guests hustling and bustling at the on-station lockers. But I also like to have storage/lockers at the rides - much better than many US parks which say "no loose articles" but not saying were to store them...

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
No solo visitors then? And if you visit as a couple you have to ride separately?

Sounds dumb! Are there some parks that are really like this with no bag hold?

The worst one I’ve seen is Cedar Point, who for a lot of their rides require you to buy a locker, and for a ride like Steel Vengeance you need one for a bloody phone or about anything that isn’t your body..

Honestly tho Europa is proof that you can have bag holds and have better operations than a park like Cedar Point (which has good Op’s btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk