What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I’m not sure what it is, but something about this ride looks very Gerstlauer…

It does look really good, though!

I think it's the amount of inversions combined with the support-style, which has a tendency to be more... pragmatic rather than elegant.

The profiling of the inversions gives it away as a Mack coaster though, because they use more rounded shapes with larger radii.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

ChrisCoaster

Roller Poster
Well, the rhythm and the musical theme actually fit quite well.
On the other hand, there are simply many / maybe too many themed layers that run in parallel. This makes the soundtrack (too) multilayered and complex. I can understand that this may seem overwhelming for a roller coaster - especially such a wild one...
So maybe brilliant when listening to in the living room but hard while riding...

Ethan

Strata Poster
Second inversion going in!

index.php

index.php

Posted on the Coasterfriends Forum

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I don’t know why, but the track is ugly to me.

Maybe it’s the minimalist style to the cross braces, maybe it’s the full on triangles at the support connectors. Something about it isn’t pleasing.

I do hope “something” happens at the mid course. Losing all momentum to just slowly turn around in a cage kinda saps the ride. Especially when you consider that Mack’s biggest rival for this sort of ride is Intamin who have perfected the quick switch track.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I don’t know why, but the track is ugly to me.

Maybe it’s the minimalist style to the cross braces, maybe it’s the full on triangles at the support connectors. Something about it isn’t pleasing.

I do hope “something” happens at the mid course. Losing all momentum to just slowly turn around in a cage kinda saps the ride. Especially when you consider that Mack’s biggest rival for this sort of ride is Intamin who have perfected the quick switch track.

I echo these thoughts exactly.

I think with RTH at Plopsa I mentioned the track looked like it had been put on a diet - Mack have started using a slightly different kind of crossed bracing where they're more spread out, the beams are thinner and the ends are pressed which makes the track more airy, but also look more clunky in comparison to old intamin/gerst track.

And as fab as this ride looks, the turntable section will surely destroy all the pacing? But this ride has already undergone several transformations throughout the development, we should hold out for the potential for something 'more' to happen here so that it doesn't simply feel like a slow turntable before the second half of the ride. Maybe a cool show element? That would be pretty rad if it distracted you from what's physically happening (at least somewhat).

Small things to pick on when the rest of it is looking flawless. So exciting seeing Europa get a properly wild looking ride.