What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Apparently Voltron will most likely open in 2024 due to the lack of key components for the ride that Europa Park could not forsee.

cookie

Giga Poster
Apparently Voltron will most likely open in 2024 due to the lack of key components for the ride that Europa Park could not forsee.
Guess I'll have to cut my plans for a DLP/Asterix/Phantasia/Europa trip for 2023 in half, then. A full-scale Germany road trip in 2024 looks more alluring now, though.

Last edited:

emoo

Hyper Poster
That's the way the cookie crumbles. (Do you hate that?)

Keeps the short term future trips fresh and surprising.

cookie

Giga Poster
That's the way the cookie crumbles. (Do you hate that?)

Keeps the short term future trips fresh and surprising.
I love Europa, but I'm not doing two trips out there for the sake of one credit. Rather save that time and money towards doing something else.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I love Europa, but I'm not doing two trips out there for the sake of one credit. Rather save that time and money towards doing something else.
Same here, and Europa is probably my favourite park :D

Think I'll follow suit and do Asterix/Plopsa/Walibi next year instead.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
In the new episode they confirm:

- there will be a dark ride part
- 1,600 guests per hour throughput therefore a dispatch every 36 seconds
- (not directly confirmed but heavily implied) a rolling conveyor station like Arthur will be used
- official track length 1,385m
- RCS will erect the coaster (having previously worked with EP on Voletarium and CanCanCoaster)
- end of November/start of December the first track will be delivered
- coaster track however will go vertical mid-January once the park off season begins
- the tallest element will be a top hat at 32,5m tall
- the deepest part of the coaster is where the top speed of 90km/h will be reached - 400m along the layout after the station
- rider restrictions are hoped to be like Blue Fire's 1.30m and 8 years old - however of course need confirmed by the TÜV in testing

The next season of the construction documentary will start in December

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Any ideas as to when hotels are bookable for next year? I appreciate this new ride is a 2024 job but I thought this was a good place to ask. Thanks.

Matt N

CF Legend
Any ideas as to when hotels are bookable for next year? I appreciate this new ride is a 2024 job but I thought this was a good place to ask. Thanks.
Last year, it was towards the end of November, but that could admittedly be different this year now we’re out of the COVID restrictions.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
#EP2023 has now been removed from the construction fencing
Fd_52j0WYAkJzPu

Fd_52jzWYAQxYjF

cookie

Giga Poster
I was just about to ask if they've confirmed the delay yet.

At least 2024 looks to be a busy year in Germany between this, Skyline Park's Gerstlauer hyper, and the Tomorrowland addition to Holiday Park. Been hints from Hansa Park that they're gearing up for a big investment in 2024+ also.

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
I was just about to ask if they've confirmed the delay yet.

At least 2024 looks to be a busy year in Germany between this, Skyline Park's Gerstlauer hyper, and the Tomorrowland addition to Holiday Park. Been hints from Hansa Park that they're gearing up for a big investment in 2024+ also.
Link to Hansa Park rumour pls 🙏

cookie

Giga Poster
Link to Hansa Park rumour pls 🙏
It was from their latest newsletter announcing the small merry-go-round for 2023. They said they were going to begin preparations this winter for a "major construction phase" for the front of the park. People have taken that to mean something larger is coming.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It was from their latest newsletter announcing the small merry-go-round for 2023. They said they were going to begin preparations this winter for a "major construction phase" for the front of the park. People have taken that to mean something larger is coming.

Watch Hansa build this:-

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The ride logo as already seen in the station concept arts over the entrance and in the documentary series has been trademarked by Mack now.
82a03cde1b7c8d6b1091a5dd2f397be67a7d.jpg

Additionally for 2024 Mack are investing into solar power plant for the park. It will cost 15 million euros; be built near the park and could come into operation for summer 2024. It would then make the resort in summer largely energy independent.

The current energy crisis is set to cost the park an extra 10 millions euros by next year.

From CoastersWorld.fr a recent overview of the half of the construction site beside EuroMir. The monster of a station building complex near full height.
1668342293631-png.15536

They also had a Best Of / Outtakes episode from the Construction Documentary series recently which gave an extra glimpse at the spike element.
voltron-spike-png.15445

From CoasterFriends.de a look from the Greek area at the station building. The visible opening is where trains will enter after the final brake run.
index.php

Over at the other end of the site by the roundabout - the maintenance building has gone vertical; along with foundations for the swing launch, turntable and Wardenclyffe Tower.
index.php

index.php

Source