What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster

The blackboard is filled with Europa Park, Rulantica and Mack family references but also two ride related clues - "Voltron" and "2024"
Fh1wFXaXkAAItxU
Fh1wFXaXwAcCnRp

Meanwhile the maintenance building is making good progress and the two train entry points can be clearly seen now. The building will be capable of holding all 7 trains and is in the middle of the ride layout.
FhzEcyCX0AEiFrW

Reminder overview of the maintenance bays and turntable access from the planning documents
FhzEcyJXkAAzI5I

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm really struggling here: are there many (any?) coasters out there that have their maintenance areas half way through the layout / so far away from the ride start point? Most examples I can think of have transfer track to get to the maintenance area adjacent to station/load/offload areas. Only one I can think of is Saw, and even then, that's by the ride's lift hill and reasonably close to start.

Ultimately means very little I know, but just a odd little quirk I guess.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm really struggling here: are there many (any?) coasters out there that have their maintenance areas half way through the layout / so far away from the ride start point? Most examples I can think of have transfer track to get to the maintenance area adjacent to station/load/offload areas. Only one I can think of is Saw, and even then, that's by the ride's lift hill and reasonably close to start.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but based on POVs, I think Takabisha might have a maintenance area in the middle of the ride, by the MCBRs just before the vertical lift hill, rather than at the beginning/end of the ride.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

Pégase Express?

cookie

Giga Poster
Roland Mack apparently officially confirmed the 2024 opening today and that it is due to the previously mentioned supply problems. The coaster was originally set for a late 2023 opening.

Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Think this is the first time this style of track with a double spine has been revealed for Mack they usually have the thick spine instead of 2 spines
Pretty sure it is the exact same, minus the plate that covers the gap between the two spine tubes. Less welds.

Rupert

Mega Poster
That track looks a bit… wrong, for want of a better word. Seems like the cross ties are particularly thin and sparse, yet it must still bear reasonable weight or force given it’s tri-track? 😕

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That track looks a bit… wrong, for want of a better word. Seems like the cross ties are particularly thin and sparse, yet it must still bear reasonable weight or force given it’s tri-track? 😕
The track is simply not finished with fabrication. It doesn't have any of the diagonal bracing welded on yet. Scroll up a half-dozen scrolls to see the finished track in post #529.

cookie

Giga Poster
Flug des Ikarus is planned to be rebuilt in the England section of the park with a new theme and the ride hardware refurbished by Chance Rides. A permit was submitted which the local committee which will apparently vote on Monday next week.