What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm still hoping for a duelling Big Dipper Dive coaster (capacity would be fine with 2 sides) but honestly, I'm unsure what else a duelling coaster at Europa would be.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Although they do have enough projects in the works currently as it is: Croatia + duelling coasters, the Adventure Land retheme and Euromir renovation.
Is there any info on the Adventure Land retheme? Interested because when I visited I thought that area of the park was dire.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Drop towers are tall, though, and from what I can gather Europa Park faces a few obstacles with tall stuff, namely the local residents of Rust. Believe it or not, Britain isn't the only country cursed with NIMBY syndrome. Apparently they only got away with Silver Star because the town was a lot smaller back then, with much of the population dependent on EP for their employment.
Nowadays Rust is more like a proper town in it's own right, with more of the population living there for reasons other than the massive theme park on the doorstep which, naturally, brings with it more opposition to large, metal eyesores blighting the views.
Long story short - hypers, gigas, massive drop towers... nah, not happening. Would bet actual money on it.

Europa and the Mack family are basically in the pockets of the local GOV! and a good portion of the town either work at the park or in supporting industries like b&b's etc. Basically Europa have huge carte blanche with development luckily? - of course not absolutely everything - but they are in a lot better position than say Alton where the GOV always backs local residents first!

Also it needn't t be as tall as highlander etc - they already have the observation tower - so could put in a drop tower of a similar hight to that, and if they develop into the corner of the park where the Tramatica events are held -it's away from the residential area of RUST and near the parking lot and fields

another option is they'd do a mystery castle or Karnan and build something enclosed or semi-enclosed.

if they put in a drop tower on the side where Arthur is right next to houses..... yes, rightly people would kick up a fuss, but Europa is a big unit with vast expansion pad areas in surrounding lands.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Europa and the Mack family are basically in the pockets of the local GOV! and a good portion of the town either work at the park or in supporting industries like b&b's etc. Basically Europa have huge carte blanche with development luckily? - of course not absolutely everything - but they are in a lot better position than say Alton where the GOV always backs local residents first!

Also it needn't t be as tall as highlander etc - they already have the observation tower - so could put in a drop tower of a similar hight to that, and if they develop into the corner of the park where the Tramatica events are held -it's away from the residential area of RUST and near the parking lot and fields

another option is they'd do a mystery castle or Karnan and build something enclosed or semi-enclosed.

if they put in a drop tower on the side where Arthur is right next to houses..... yes, rightly people would kick up a fuss, but Europa is a big unit with vast expansion pad areas in surrounding lands.
Following the expansion behind Greece (Croatia/the new coasters) EP has hit their growth limit. Around and behind Rulantica they do have land however that'll be resort expansion. The actual park is almost full.

A drop tower the height of Eurotower won't happen for sure. Its taller than Silver Star. Any new rides need to be low to the ground. The Macks have even said this in interviews (but say it's not a problem with LSM tech to make exciting rides). I imagine anything taller than Mir/Poseidon we won't see.

Is there any info on the Adventure Land retheme? Interested because when I visited I thought that area of the park was dire.
Other than the project being delayed by the Batavia fire and then again by corona not really. Following a viral tweet last year accusing the park of racism with the area's depictions - this year some figures have been painted white and the Colonial Food Station sign changed to Adventure Food Station. However the retheme should be much more substantial. Michael Mack announced last year 2 new themed areas would be added. We know Croatia is coming and I think it would not be surprising if the other is the retheme. Just which country or will it be Africa combined with the Adventure Club of Europe story?

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
which 5 new rides are they getting?
i know maybe a windshear ride from zamperla and various thrill rides
I doubt thrill rides. If you look at Europa and recent history, the only thrilling investments were Wodan, Kolumbusjolle, and Blue Fire. All three are accessible to families in some way, with Wodan and Blue Fire both having height restrictions that are actually not too bad. Kolumbusjolle is a stetch, it really is a family flat ride.

Europa in ways is completely like a disney park, would a disney park slap a windshear in their new themed area? Probably not. Neither would Europa.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
If the one in Fiesta Texas succeeds, do ya'll think they could get an Air Race? I don't think they are that intense, and they'd be one of a kind in Europe. If Phantasialand who is every bit of a family park as Europa Park added a Top Spin there's no doubt in me mind that EP will add some sort of flat rode for their fairy tale land expansion... I'm dissapointed the leaks haven't pointed to a new Croatia area but whatever ammirite

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Did I miss something along the way? Where did this stuff about flatrides come from? Mack are a company that make flatrides themselves, I’m not entirely sure why people think they’ll suddenly start putting Zamperlas into the park.

I think people need to disregard Mack’s ride catalogue for their future coaster, Europa Park is still a showcase park and would not require an extreme spinner or duelling big dipper, the ride will be something new.

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
I don't think that Mack Rides really needs EP as a showcase park anymore. Make Rides didn't showcase anything major in EP since 2014 and still sold new ride types to other parks.

Bluefire was a good showcase because it was prove, that they can also do thrill rides, not only family rides. Now everybody knows, that they can build good thrill coasters, that most people enjoy and that are reliable.

Of corse they can still build something completely new with their next coaster, but I don't think it would be because nobody else was interested in it, rather that they want something new for themselves.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Mack still use the park as an effective showcase. Maybe not a new coaster product since Arthur but their Snorri Touren ride system, VR Coaster systems at Alpenexpress and Eurosat, YULLBE VR experience (which just sold another installation to Hamburg), Mack Media's capabilities to produce flying theatre films (Voletarium has another showcase film often played too for visiting park owners) and Eatrenalin which opens next year is also hoped to be sold worldwide. Their business empire is much more diverse these days than just Mack Rides.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
New details about the coaster! Now my German isn't the best but if translate is correct, we are talking about an advanced version of the Big Dipper.
Important Details;
- Will be a launched coaster
- Dynamite at Freizeitpark Plohn was specifically mentioned here, def Big Dipper style
- Will stand up to 38 m (125') tall and reach speeds of 80 kph (49.7 mph) - similar height but slightly slower than Blue Fire's advertised stats
- Much of the coaster's layout will face away from the village
- A lot of criticism is being thrown around by the public towards the current design, they're still working it out by the looks of this article

Here's the translated article, courtesy of Google Translate