What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Ireeb

Mega Poster
yea it's might be a 40 and it will include lights
Have you been at Europa-Park before? How many big, intense flat rides with blinking lights could you spot? They haven't built anything like that for 45 years now, and it's not like they couldn't have built something like this if they wanted. So if they didn't want to have such rides at the park before, why would they want now? Also, just lights don't count as theming. The lights on flat rides always look kinda cheap and remind of fun fairs. If Europa-Park builds a flat ride, it's not going to be a cheap blinking funfair ride.

Look at Talocan at Phantasialand. That's how a flat ride would have to look like to go into a park like Europa-Park (also note that it's not just a simple Zamperla ride slapped somewhere). But I still think even a Top Spin would be too intense for what Europa-Park is looking for. Especially if they're building at least one new coaster which ist most likely not going to be family coaster, they'll need some family and kiddy rides in that area.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
It is true that flat rides are sparse at Europa. You have the one next to Matterhorn, the pirate ship, and.. Kolumbusjolle? Them getting a top spin is unlikely.
If they do get one, it is going to have to be subtle, as the park is all about theming. If anything i see the new area dawning a new dark ride, because Europa is not known for its flat rides, but its dark ride collection.. That is another story.

arthurharris2306

Roller Poster
Have you been at Europa-Park before? How many big, intense flat rides with blinking lights could you spot? They haven't built anything like that for 45 years now, and it's not like they couldn't have built something like this if they wanted. So if they didn't want to have such rides at the park before, why would they want now? Also, just lights don't count as theming. The lights on flat rides always look kinda cheap and remind of fun fairs. If Europa-Park builds a flat ride, it's not going to be a cheap blinking funfair ride.

Look at Talocan at Phantasialand. That's how a flat ride would have to look like to go into a park like Europa-Park (also note that it's not just a simple Zamperla ride slapped somewhere). But I still think even a Top Spin would be too intense for what Europa-Park is looking for. Especially if they're building at least one new coaster which ist most likely not going to be family coaster, they'll need some family and kiddy rides in that area.
uh i don't think so they already have family rides and besides they have enough kiddie rides

Last edited:

Ireeb

Mega Poster
uh i don't think so they already have family rides and besides they have enough kiddie rides
I feel like you don't even really know Europa-Park.
Families are their number one priority and main target audience, they'll never have "enough" family rides because that's basically the only thing they care about.
The Macks specifically said they want families to be able to experience as much as possible together. That's why they'll prioritize family rides at any time. And that's why none of their coasters is super intense and why the next coaster won't be super intense either.
can they add thrilling rides
And who are you asking that?

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
I think that Giant Discoveries aren't likely for EP because those are a step up the intensity, but WIndshears aren't as intense and I think that if EP proceeds with adding an intense flat for their Attrapark expansion to compliment their dueling ride it'll be that... or a TOP Spin, but EP has worked with Zamperla so I think they'll choose them

arthurharris2306

Roller Poster
I think that Giant Discoveries aren't likely for EP because those are a step up the intensity, but WIndshears aren't as intense and I think that if EP proceeds with adding an intense flat for their Attrapark expansion to compliment their dueling ride it'll be that... or a TOP Spin, but EP has worked with Zamperla so I think they'll choose them
yes that will be perfect

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
If Europa went down the flat ride route - I feel it would likely be a drop tower! Highlander at Hansa whilst domineering - isn't particularly intense, so a similar model work well at Europa! perhaps

or something like a zamperla nebulaz which is mid-range intensity and has an aesthetic that lends itself to theming. Or a next-gen condor like the the one at Tivoli gardens. A pendulum ride like Loki or Cyclonator is another possibility.

arthurharris2306

Roller Poster
If Europa went down the flat ride route - I feel it would likely be a drop tower! Highlander at Hansa whilst domineering - isn't particularly intense, so a similar model work well at Europa! perhaps

or something like a zamperla nebulaz which is mid-range intensity and has an aesthetic that lends itself to theming. Or a next-gen condor like the the one at Tivoli gardens. A pendulum ride like Loki or Cyclonator is another possibility.
it might have low capacity

catsounds

Mega Poster
Are EP actually considering adding some random manufacturer flat ride with the new coaster or am i misreading the last page of posts?

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Are EP actually considering adding some random manufacturer flat ride with the new coaster or am i misreading the last page of posts?
I feel like much of this is unfounded speculation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Of course it is.
But if they're building an entirely new area, it's unlikely that they'll only put a roller coaster there and call it a day.
Though I still think them putting a random Zamperla ride there is rather far-fetched.

Ethan

Strata Poster
But if they're building an entirely new area, it's unlikely that they'll only put a roller coaster there and call it a day.
Hope Phantasialand isn't reading this!

I would like to see a drop tower at EP however as said earlier, throughput could be an issue. Maybe a solution would be to put two beside each other like IOA and Ferrari Land, looks quite nice too!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Drop towers are tall, though, and from what I can gather Europa Park faces a few obstacles with tall stuff, namely the local residents of Rust. Believe it or not, Britain isn't the only country cursed with NIMBY syndrome. Apparently they only got away with Silver Star because the town was a lot smaller back then, with much of the population dependent on EP for their employment.
Nowadays Rust is more like a proper town in it's own right, with more of the population living there for reasons other than the massive theme park on the doorstep which, naturally, brings with it more opposition to large, metal eyesores blighting the views.
Long story short - hypers, gigas, massive drop towers... nah, not happening. Would bet actual money on it.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Hope Phantasialand isn't reading this!

I would like to see a drop tower at EP however as said earlier, throughput could be an issue. Maybe a solution would be to put two beside each other like IOA and Ferrari Land, looks quite nice too!
Which would go hand in hand with the two logos Europa-Park registered, Apparatus Ohm and Transferator Ohm. Two drop towers, both themed as a tesla coil/electric device?
Phantasialand build both a hotel as well as a restaurant in the new area, while being pretty limited in available space. I would have welcomed another attraction, but where could they have put it? :D

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Apparatus OHM and Transferator OHM are almost certainly the duelling coasters imo.
As Howie said a traditional drop tower you can forget about. Would need to be Mystery Castle or Tower of Terror style enclosed ones for the noise and capacity.
However the park have not ever shown an interest in thrill flat rides so I'd be surprised to see any. Although I'd very much welcome some kind of tower.
I imagine like Iceland (Blue Fire, Whale Adventures, Wodan) - the new Croatia area will come in stages. The coasters, gastro and Traumatica spaces first, then the subsequent years add a couple more small things.

Although they do have enough projects in the works currently as it is: Croatia + duelling coasters, the Adventure Land retheme and Euromir renovation. Along with Rulantica additions, YULLBE additions and Eatrenalin opening next year - the park has a good bunch of stuff lined up without adding to the upcoming area tbf.