What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
Wouldn't be surprised if they give Euromir a going over and redoing that as a new form of spinner or some other type of ride. That coaster has a really long track length of just over 3km mainly due to the faffing at the top.
Do you mean 3,000ft @Lofty? Because a 3,000m track length would make Euro-Mir the longest coaster in the world by a good 1,000+ feet! Sorry to come across pedantic, but I was just a little confused.

Wouldn't be surprised if they give Euromir a going over and redoing that as a new form of spinner or some other type of ride. That coaster has a really long track length of just over 3,200ft mainly due to the faffing at the top.
That wouldn't be a bad refurb. But with this new coaster apparently in its own new themed area (not sure yet what country is the theme for the new area), a refurb to Euromir is a while off I think

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yep, the general consensus seems to be that the new coaster will be in a new themed area, behind Greece in some of that mostly-unused plot. I think Scotland, Croatia, Poland and Romania are in the running, if I'm not mistaken.

cookie

Giga Poster
Yep, the general consensus seems to be that the new coaster will be in a new themed area, behind Greece in some of that mostly-unused plot. I think Scotland, Croatia, Poland and Romania are in the running, if I'm not mistaken.
I might be mistaken, but isn't that the plot of land they use for their Halloween event?

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I might be mistaken, but isn't that the plot of land they use for their Halloween event?
That's correct, but that also means it is unused most time of the year. It is pretty sure that's where the new area will be, and my guess is that they could just make this new area suitable for the Halloween event as well. As many people connect Romania with vampires already, that would once again speak for Romania as the new area. When starting the refurb Eurosat, I think they also mentioned that Euromir is due for a refurb as well. But with the fire and stuff that probably shifted further into the future. The new coaster will not replace a current one though, as far as I know.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Wasn't there talk of a vampire themed flyer in a new "Transylvania" area? Be interesting to see their take on a flyer either way, whether they go down the tilting route or some other mechanism to lay riders down

Ireeb

Mega Poster
That's just fan talk though, I wouldn't take that too serious. The official things we have is "there will be a new coaster in a new themed area". Everything beyond that is just speculation, though, as I already said, I think Romania is pretty likely. As for the coaster type: I think everything is possible. Spinning, Flying, Wing, Inverted, it could be anything, regardless of whether Mack Rides has built something like it before or whether it's a new prototype.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
^ Agreed, EP has always been a testing ground and showroom for Mack's new ride types; I expect it will be something completely new.
Not always.

Poseidon was built after Journey to Atlantis, Matterhorn Blitz wasn't the first Mack Wild Mouse, Flying Fish was built before AlpenExpress, Atlantica wasn't the first supersplash! Mack don't always do completely new models at Europa, which means we could see a big dipper or a powersplash! Who knows!

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Not always.

Poseidon was built after Journey to Atlantis, Matterhorn Blitz wasn't the first Mack Wild Mouse, Flying Fish was built before AlpenExpress, Atlantica wasn't the first supersplash! Mack don't always do completely new models at Europa, which means we could see a big dipper or a powersplash! Who knows!
But it has oftentimes been the testing ground, just because they didn't always build new models there, doesn't mean they're less likely to do it this time. And Michael Mack seems to be very excited about presenting new tech that Mack Rides has developed, throwing all things like spinning coasters, switch tracks, launches etc. into the room, so I think it definitely won't be anything "off the shelf".

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I guess Mack's take on a dive machine with some form of modified BigDipper could be a possibility?
One of many possibilities. But as I said before, anything is possible at this moment, as it's possible that Mack Rides could present an entirely new model as well. We could guess the coaster types for days, but I think we're in the dark until they start dropping more details.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If I were to guess wildly, based on absolutely nothing but a hunch, I'd suspect Mack would try to break into the "thrill coaster on a tiny footprint" market, where a lot of interesting designs have been made in the past few years. Stuff like Intamin's Impulse coasters (and later, Halfpipes and ZacSpins), S&S's Free Spin, Premier SkyRocket II, Maurer's Sky Loops, and maybe you could stretch the definition to encompass RMC Raptors too. Basically coasters that snake or shuttle back and forth on a tiny piece of land, using relatively few support structures, yet still being firmly classed as thrill coasters. Inversions not mandatory, but encouraged to bring that white-knuckle factor to a coaster that's practically just a junior coaster squashed flat and raised on its side.

It's a lucrative market because these coasters let parks build thrill coasters pretty cheap (see: Six Flags), and so a lot of manufacturers offer something that fits the description. The closest thing Mack has, despite its awesomely wide portfolio, is the Pulsar clones, and they only sort of qualify because they require a rather expensive lake as a central feature. But Mack seems to branch out in every direction, and I think it's reasonable to expect them to try this one too.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
My pipe dream would be that Big Dipper Dive model they showcased a few years back, only extremely themed like some sort of cross between Tower of Terror and Mystery Mine.