What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
Are there any more recent updates on this? :)
I loove the idea of Europa putting in another big coaster! :D Personally I hope its not a dive machine.. as much as i love them, they're too short of a ride :/ An SLC would be cool.. or a flyer.. but that's probs not gonna happen.. but anything new from Mack should be good right? I mean they built Helix ;) (yes i'm biased cuss Helix is currently my number 1 and i love it ! )

I personally hope that they don't scrap euromir.. its such a classic there and would be weird without it.. although it could use some TLC and maybe a new track to help with that roughness :p

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^There hasn't been any news about the new coaster. After the fire they did say though that for the rebuild of Scandinavia and Piraten an independent project team had been put together so any other projects (which includes this coaster) wouldn't be delayed or impacted.

And there is no talk of Euromir being scrapped. Just rumours of it being refurbished and retracked like Eurosat was.

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
^There hasn't been any news about the new coaster. After the fire they did say though that for the rebuild of Scandinavia and Piraten an independent project team had been put together so any other projects (which includes this coaster) wouldn't be delayed or impacted.

And there is no talk of Euromir being scrapped. Just rumours of it being refurbished and retracked like Eurosat was.
Ah awesome thanks for the reply :) hopefully its more within the next 2-3 years than 5 then :D haha

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
In an interview from EAS Michael Mack has shared some more details about Europa's future new coaster.
The audio is very poor but I've tried my best to make out and translate what he said -

They are still being very noncommittal with regards to an opening date - he says it will be after 2020.

He says the coaster will use the newest technologies and be mixture of various ride types - it will be unlike anything that currently exists.

The interviewer then mentions Time Traveller and Michael Mack says "it will be mix of Time Traveller, of turntables ... a mix of a lot of things to make one unique coaster. And a couple km of track".

It certainly sounds interesting... Still honestly none the wiser as to what the finished coaster will be like.
Does he mean its an Xtreme Spinner with some extra features and elements? Or something else which has some feature or element from the Xtreme Spinner model? Does the mention of turntables mean trick track elements as part of a dark ride section, or a dual station - either for a higher capacity or a VR station like Can Can Coaster?

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Low key disappointed it's not going to be a huge Mack hyper.

But I have such faith in them making a new ride type. This will be brilliant.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Thinking about the bit where he says "a couple km of track". Will the coaster really be that long? Or could this perhaps mean it will be dueling coasters?
Its something Europa doesn't have in their line up and would have a great capacity.

(Although dueling spinning coasters with trick track sounds kinda familiar...)

Excited to find out what those mad Macks are planning.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Maybe it'll be a more thrilling take on what they did with Arthur? A roller coaster with spinning vehicles that can turn to face certain dark ride elements? (though they would have to adjust the xtreme spinner trains to have both rows facing forward - maybe they could raise the back row to let them better see the theming?) I quite like the idea of mixing in a trick track too, having elements like that mixed in with theming, launches and inversions plus the rotating seats would make for quite an incredible ride.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
After the fire they did say though that for the rebuild of Scandinavia and Piraten an independent project team had been put together so any other projects (which includes this coaster) wouldn't be delayed or impacted.
well nevermind that...

https://www.suedkurier.de/ueberregi...ueber-eine-neue-Achterbahn;art409965,10097106

When will Europa Park build another coaster?
There will be one within the next 5 years, that's certain. Because of the fire the plans have been pushed back. It will be a Mack coaster, but I cannot say much more.
There still free spots in the park for the ride. So no other attraction will be need to be removed.

It is understandable though given the massive effect the fire had on the park and it probably makes good business sense to spread out major new additions (following Piraten in 2020).

New article on new teasings of Europa's next coaster project. There was a 'spicy' statement too: "Mack Rides has been building a lot of exciting and interesting prototypes lately. In any case, there will be more roller coasters".

This hints in the article, 'new prototypes'...'rollercoasters, not rollercoaster'...and the hint in the article is a Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster. Thoughts?

Niles

Giga Poster
The extreme spinner is there newest, but they have some outer new-ish types of coasters like the Big dipper, power splash and hyper coaster.

Personally i would like them to go for a Mack hyper like DC rivals, a real stand out coaster. They all ready have a spinner and while extreme spinner is different i would prefer a hyper, or maybe they have another prototype in the works.

Oh they could get a power splash, they need a water coaster right ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
Yes they do @Matt N ?

But i think the could focus on snappy elements, Ejector, non inverting loops and inversions to make a very different hyper coaster, or they could go giga, i can dream.
Good point; Hersheypark will have 2 hypers after 2020, so I don't see why Europa couldn't! Although the same point could be raised about an XTREME Spinning Coaster; that seems different enough to Euro-Mir to me that they could coexist together.

Niles

Giga Poster
Although the same point could be raised about an XTREME Spinning Coaster; that seems different enough to Euro-Mir to me that they could coexist together.

I agree they could make it very different, Time traveller looks like great coaster, something like it would be great for Europa and they could theme it very well. However i would much prefer a hyper like DC or Flash as they need a coaster with a real kick IMO.

But hay maybe one of these could come after the outer ?

Ethan

Strata Poster
I agree they could make it very different, Time traveller looks like great coaster, something like it would be great for Europa and they could theme it very well. However i would much prefer a hyper like DC or Flash as they need a coaster with a real kick IMO.

But hay maybe one of these could come after the outer ?
Nah, it won't be a Mack Hyper, nor will it be a Mack Spinner (at least like Time Traveller). If it's at Europa Park, and it's a Mack coaster, I am pretty sure it'll be a prototype of a new coaster. That's why Europa Park exists, after all.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
It also won't be a hyper or anything that tall or taller for the simple reason they already get enough bother from the local neighbours about the noise from Silver Star as it is.
It is the only attraction that has to close its queue at 8pm if the park is open longer than that. It also has the soundbarrier shields on it's drop.