What's new

Europa Park | Rulantica Extensions | Waterpark | 2023

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Klugheim rapids?

Looks good though. I take it the second visual is just the lockers and not the changing area itself?

eKs_Prod

Roller Poster
The pics are screenshots from the building making of for the youth club of Europa-Park (http://www.ep-juniorclub.de). Here are the two episodes:
(advise: activate automatic English subtitles, works well... or good enough.)

1/17/18 - Part 1:

2/14/18 - Part 2:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The Historama museum displays in Europa Park are being replaced by a preview centre for Rulantica.
index.php

At a travel fair in Berlin they unveiled this model of the new hotel, which presumably will end up in the preview centre.

Tulum

Mega Poster
Just a short update. I can only offer blurry pictures:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-27 um 14.57.10.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-27 um 14.57.19.png

The gate already mentioned is a fountain with waterfalls that greets the visitors on their way to the hotels. The park said that rooms for the Kronasar Hotel can be booked from Summer 2018 on.

Robert.W

Roller Poster
Those completed facades look lovely. I can only imagine how amazing it'll look when the environment surrounding the hotel is eventually finished!

Plus, wow that's a lot of slide pieces. :D

Ethan

Strata Poster
Reminds me of the beam structure of the Subtropical Swimming Paradise at Center Parcs Woburn Forest. Different shape, but this will look incredible when its finished, I bet!

Robert.W

Roller Poster
Europa Park have published a new blog post detailing some of the themed areas that will make up Rulantica, whilst also revealing some fantastic new concept art for those areas. :)

English translation below.

This blog entry will finally reveal new secrets. Four super detailed and exciting illustrations will show you excerpts from four other topics with the beautiful names: "Rangnakor", "Lumȧfals", "Skip Strand" and "Skog Lagoon". Almost exactly half a year ago we have already introduced you to the first two topics of "Rulantica" in the linked article - "Glacier Temple" & "Trolldal". And today, finally, supplies for the eye. Have a good look and be curious. We still have two more areas in our drawers - soon we will also reveal these secrets.

Without losing a lot of words, this article shows you directly and without any frills new insights into "Rulantica". So let's go! The theme area "Rangnakor" impresses with its characteristic stilt houses. The city on the stilts looks like it was built by Vikings and has many slides.

Rangnakor_Illu-Lake-town-Cneu.jpg

The city must once be surrounded by floods. Now large slides lead down from Rangnakor.

"Lumȧfals" - home of mermaids & watermen

They are fascinating creatures of Rulantica and at the same time the protector of the island: the mermaids and watermen. They lived in a cave, which is fed by a waterfall. In this waterfall, the sea creatures are projected and Lumȧfals is their home.

Lumafals_Illu-Kristallhoehle-final_2_klein.jpg

In the heart of the island lies the grotto, where mermaids and watermen are at home!

On "Skip Strand" there is much to discover!

An adventure playground with sunken tri-masts, along with a variety of nets, ropes and masts: On Skip Beach ran aground ships, infatuated with the song of sirens, the stranger should keep away.

Illu-shipwreck_2.jpg

"Skip Strand" is a true adventure playground for little and big buccaneers!

An oasis of peace called "Skog Lagoon"

Waterfalls, bubble loungers and a poolside bar framed by pines and rocks make the "Skog Lagoon" an oasis of calm and cosiness.

illu-Forest-B2.jpg

"Skog Lagoon" is one of eight subject areas "Rulanticas" and at the same time probably the most relaxing!

You want to know more about "Rulantica"? Then I can recommend the following homepage!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That's brilliant concept art, but the chosen names are a horrible word salad of Scandinavian and English words. "Skog Lagoon", for instance. Either the park should call it "Forest Lagoon" or "Skog Lagune", and not just translate one of the words. I mean, they went for "Trolldal" instead of "Troll Valley". On the other hand, "Glacier Temple" is both entirely English, and a bit of a misnomer seeing as the first temples arrived in the Nordic countries when Buddhist immigrants started organizing in the 1960s. And "Rangnakor"? I know it says so in the original blog post too, but sure they don't mean "Ragnarok"?

Last edited:

Robert.W

Roller Poster
Sorry I know, it’s an absolutely terrible translation of the blog. I think all the words inside quotation marks will still be in German, so I guess it’s entirely possible that translated into English, they would be different? I know, it’s a bit of a mess of a translation :oops:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry I know, it’s an absolutely terrible translation of the blog. I think all the words inside quotation marks will still be in German, so I guess it’s entirely possible that translated into English, they would be different? I know, it’s a bit of a mess of a translation :oops:

No, the translation is great, by all means! I was just talking about the names Rulantica have chosen here. Will edit my post to look less like it's criticizing you. Your work is great. Spot-on translation as far as I can tell.

Last edited: