What's new

Europa Park | Piraten in Batavia Rebuild | 2020

Robert.W

Roller Poster
DeI526DXkAEciPK

This image apppeared on a Looopings Twitter post. I'm not sure that's its original source so I'll go and make sure I've got it right.

Edit: source was Looopings article.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like Piraten in Batavia is a goner for sure. All that black smoke, I think it's the roof insulation burning. That means fire has spread horizontally across the whole building, meaning it must be pretty bad inside there. I really hope everybody got out in time.

Update: yeah, regarding the picture above I think it's safe to say there won't be any ride there tomorrow. They can write off the souvenir shop and the restaurants too, and possibly a lot of Mack offices. Let's just hope it doesn't spread to the historama or the Foodloop restaurant.

And for the record, Wodan should be safe. There's a lake and a large built-up area between it and the fire.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Holy ****, that isn't good. Was Piraten in Batavia the Pirates of the Caribbean knock-off? The fire, luckily has been taken under control.

Will

Strata Poster
Judging from Europastreet on Twitter, Scandinavia has been fully evacuated, but much of the park is still operating. That's exactly what I love about Europa Park <3
One time when I'll say 'thoughts are with them' and actually mean it.

Peet

Giga Poster
I wonder if that little wooden Norwegian church has made it - would be a shame for that to get burned.

Matt N

CF Legend
New pictures show, that Wodan is on fire, too. :( Perhaps it caught fire by sparks flying.
My god, this must be one big fire! This could potentially be devastating for Europa, which really saddens me, because it looks like a stunning park! On the positive side, at least no people were injured.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This is just ****ing sad tbh. I hope they rebuild and repair all that has been lost. But replace the P of the C knock-off with something more decent.