What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Michael Mack has confirmed via an interview on Europa-Park Radio that a new themed area and major rollercoaster are to be added sometime after 2019. The area is set to be located behind Greece in a new themed area. Scotland, Croatia and Poland are just some of the countries said to be in the running.
It was previously said there wouldn't be a new coaster until after 2019 as Mack are fully booked until then - so this new coaster will be from Mack Rides.

In other Europa news
They hope to install more timed tickets (Fast track) like those used at Voletarium and single-rider queues were space allows it.
- VR Pegasus will be abolished at the end of the season
- Eurosat conversion should not fundamentally change the feeling. There will be a new queue with similar layout.
- The Universe of Energy dark ride is to be redesigned and renewed.

EuropaStreet
TowersStreet

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Good news, but "sometime after 2019" is awfully non-specific. It's not like any of us expected the park to freeze all coaster development forever starting next year.

It's not a shock to see the new ride will be from Mack either, but I'm not disappointed. Mack has a great portfolio under their belts by now, so I have faith it will be hype-worthy. And I guess it's a moral victory to see VR being dropped from a coaster too.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
And I guess it's a moral victory to see VR being dropped from a coaster too.
I'd like to see it as a victory, and it still is a little bit, but they are removing it as EuroSat 2.0 next year will have a VR option so the park will still have two VR coasters.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
As great as a Mack-designed hyper at Europa would be, I don't see it happening for as long as Silver Star is still there. Like you said, whatever it is, Mack'll likely surprise us again and use their park as testing ground for something new and exciting. I'm not sure which other coaster types they could provide their spin on at this point but I look forward to finding out.

Lofty

CF Legend
I think it'll more than likely be a brand new product from them, especially with their track record. I'm going to go out on a complete limb here and say it could potentially be Mack's version of a Dive Machine? We all know they've amended the Big Dipper to have a holding break and vertical drop, so I can't help but have this feeling that's what it could be.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I think it'll more than likely be a brand new product from them, especially with their track record. I'm going to go out on a complete limb here and say it could potentially be Mack's version of a Dive Machine? We all know they've amended the Big Dipper to have a holding break and vertical drop, so I can't help but have this feeling that's what it could be.
It will be something along these lines, whatever it is will be a prototype, probably a good one judging by most of their recent stuff. I just hope the spinning fad is finished with Time Traveler.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I am hoping for a Big Dipper, but please not with a holding brake. The twisted drop on Lost Gravity looks so amazing. I want to have something like that at EP :D

toofpikk

Mega Poster
It looks a lot better then it actually is, and even then, it's the stand out point on an otherwise fairly dull ride.

I really want them to just get rid of the fantasy area. On certain days you'd come out of areas after the park had closed and see one or other of the macks jet skiing around the lake, and it looks like great fun. It would look a whole bunch cooler if there was some sort of romanian/polish castle with a big dipper/brand new contraption spitting out of it into a splash down as a back drop, rather then some broken 40 year old rope tow ride.

Europa started out as a showcase for the companies products and has remained that way for the majority of time, I wouldn't be surprised if this were to continue. I struggle to think of a case where they've placed a ride model here that has existed elsewhere prior (with the exception of Wodan) so my money would be on an all new ride system.

And I just really want a fancy castle theme. Please.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well, they've already got a hyper coaster, they've already got a launched, looping mega coaster, they've already got a water coaster and they've already got a spinning coaster. They've also got a mouse, a mine train and a bobsled. What else do Mack make?
It is therefore, almost by definition, gonna be something new.
Whatever it is, I just hope it's something BIG! I do love a big Mack.

Mmm Big Mac.

Last edited:

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It would be cool if they could extend their big dipper trains and make a ride similar to skyrush or flying Aces.
I wouldn't want them to be too long though, so it remains nimble because I think that is an important aspect of the big dippers. Quick acceleration and changes of direction. 4 cars would probably be nice, 16 people per train should also be an okayish capacity.

Ben

CF Legend
I can say this for sure - whatever they build won't have an 'okayish' capacity, this is Europa. It will eat people.

I want them to do their version of Skyrush. But 300ft tall.

Boo VR on EuroSat. Yay it's at least incorporated properly.

Also Universe of Energy is secretly fab.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I can say this for sure - whatever they build won't have an 'okayish' capacity, this is Europa. It will eat people.

I want them to do their version of Skyrush. But 300ft tall.

Boo VR on EuroSat. Yay it's at least incorporated properly.

Also Universe of Energy is secretly fab.
I am not good at maths, but I think with 16-person trains and good dispatch times you could probably have a pretty good capacity. Eurosat is also 16 persons per train and has a good capacity.

Actually I expect a more compact coaster. With Silver Star and Wodan they have some pretty high rides already (for European/German standards) an they always have to be careful because of the noise. Silver Star had to get the wall on the first drop and isn't allowed to operate at night. If a 230ft coaster is already problematic, I don't think we will see anything bigger.

I am pretty hyped about the new Eurosat, I absolutely do not care about the VR and I'm glad they will seperate it from the normal station. I'll probably try it once, but I know it won't be as good as the classic ride. Hopefully there will be some nice real special effects!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I wouldn't want them to be too long though, so it remains nimble because I think that is an important aspect of the big dippers. Quick acceleration and changes of direction. 4 cars would probably be nice, 16 people per train should also be an okayish capacity.

Maybe two cars facing one way and 2 cars facing the other, like what we saw on that XTREME spinning coaster prototype video Mack released.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Excited to see what they have up their sleeves! We've got a minimum of 2/3 years until we see this so im gonna guess and say it won't be like any of Macks current line up. **** it Mack Flying coaster i reckon.