What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
So far I'm not a fan of a Big Dipper. I rode Lost Gravity last week and I didn't enjoy this ride. It pulls too hard in the elements which makes It feel forced and not smooth. This coaster was a disappointment tbh, so I hope Europa Park will make a huge improvement with this newer version.
Agreed, I rode Lost Gravity and although it looks visually enticing, it actually was very painful during the 3 rides I had in various seats. Hopefully they will adapt and improve the seat design, especially if it's launched.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
To hit that 1750pph throughput they've got to do something a bit different compared to Lost Gravity and Dynamite. Whether it's actual trains rather than cars (so Mack's take on Skyrush), a huge number of block sections, creating duelling coasters, or a combination of some or all of the above, they will be doing something different.

Agree with Crash about the height and speed stats being weird, especially given it's a launch. Some Mack weirdness may also be coming into play I guess.

My mind has also strayed back to 2019(?) when Walibi Holland tested a backwards row on Lost Gravity in conjunction with Mack. Makes me wonder if that was testing the waters for this investment or something?
Going completely into dreamworld here (so forgive the outlandishness), but imagine something where half the train is facing backwards, with the winged seats. Or some sort of mirror duelling rides where one track has forward-facing trains and the other backward-facing. It's all very much lala land dreaming here, but I don't think it would be totally out of the realm of possibility.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The local council gave the draft plan their blessing. Now visual, noise and environmental studies will be conducted before it can be officially approved. The opposition group to the park have already criticised it. Concerns were also raised about a 12m sound barrier wall planned.

The park also applied to expand their horticulture/plants nursery facility (opposite side of the street from the park) and create new depots for the park emergency services beside it on an extension of 2.82 ha. By bundling these facilities together outside of the park more space should be freed up inside for other future developments. These plans were approved yesterday already.

Roland also stated in this interview despite not yet having the planning permission they still hope for a 2023 opening.
Mention was also made of the planned Adventure Land renovation - it will come but is a challenging project given the middle of the park location. Would take 3 months to complete.

As for speculating:
Given the trademarks and previous rumours/hints by the Macks I still believe this will be a duelling coaster. Just will be interesting would 2 normal BigDippers intertwined be enough or will we see some take on longer trains and the only BigDipper similarity really is having the 4 across rows with winged seats.
Hopefully the coming weeks/months will reveal more. Perhaps an announcement around September when the Croatia Adventure Club of Europe book (which sets up the new area + ride backstory) is released.

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
The article just said, that the new coaster won't be taller than blue fire. It never sait, it will be 38 meters tall.
It could just be 12 or 18 meters, that's just as likely as 38 meters, because we don't know.

So far my excitement of the new coaster went a little bit down. Longer trains would possible mean that the turns would be bigger, the regular big dipper cars would possible mean, that there will be a lot of MCBRs. But the coaster could also have several launches that act as block zones, that would def. be better than MCBRs.

Markiewong

Roller Poster
If they really want that throughput they have to work with bigger trains. Maybe they are going to do a hagrids with multiple launches and make it a family coaster. Would make sense looking at the stats. Maybe even make a family wing launch coaster? Afik MACK doesn’t have a version of a wingcoaster yet and it would explain the next gen version of the big dipper part.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
The article just said, that the new coaster won't be taller than blue fire. It never sait, it will be 38 meters tall.
It could just be 12 or 18 meters, that's just as likely as 38 meters, because we don't know.

So far my excitement of the new coaster went a little bit down. Longer trains would possible mean that the turns would be bigger, the regular big dipper cars would possible mean, that there will be a lot of MCBRs. But the coaster could also have several launches that act as block zones, that would def. be better than MCBRs.
Maybe it are double sided seats and the cars spin :p Then the turns don't need to be bigger and there wouldnt be a need for MCBRs.
I also think the dueling aspect is obviously still on the table, which would double the original capacity aswell. (The cars could leave from the same station anyway)

Gazza

Giga Poster
Ya'll crazy, Lost Gravity was awesome.
Of all the "short train" coaster, El Locos, Eurofighters, that Zierer thing, this was the best by a long shot, crazy fun layout, random little airtime pops, snappy twists. Loved it and can't wait to see a long version of this. If it's got a bit of Ride to Happiness flavour mixed in, it'll be amazing.

richardcrete

Mega Poster
A construction plan on Rust website reveals the location of the coaster:

2021_B-Plan_1-AEnderung_Storetten_II-10409.jpg

map.jpg

Sources:

Ireeb

Mega Poster
My guess on the trains would be 4 rows 4 across. That would still allow a relatively compact layout which I think is what the Big Dipper is made for, while probably having enough capacity. If it turns out to be a dueling coaster, I could see 2-row cars as well.
We also have no confirmation yet whether or not the two trademarks are for the roller coaster(s) or another attraction in the new area, so I wouldn't be too sure about the racing/dueling/moebius(?) part. For all we know, it could be for two carousels standing next to each other.

I personally hope it does pack some nice inversions and a few airtime bumps. I could also see multiple, smaller launches being a thing.

I'm also not too critical about the proposed top speed. 80km/h is definitely enough to make an intense layout if you just make it tight enough - and Big Dippers can definitely do that. Especially if it's a multi launch and maintains that speed for a while. I could totally see it having one of these launch-hills Mack apparently likes to do now (Copperhead Strike, Ride to happiness).

Dar

Hyper Poster
What's that dueling inversion?
This one I believe: Patent

Edit, I wasn't finished xenforo!
47h19gW.png

7L3Llr0.png

YGCewWX.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
Aw that's a shame... Well hopefully they'll pull something just as fun out the bag for Europa. They need a good solid thrill coaster tbh.