What's new

Etnaland Theme Park | The Storm | Mack Megacoaster

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I'm very glad another manufacturer follows Intamin's airtime trend. It cannot be bad ! The layout seems to have a fair share of hills and twists :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Just a bit of an update, not on Storm, but rather on the Mine Train Coaster.

223955_10150895061198751_1673499504_n.jpg

As usual, taken from their Facebook.

EDIT.

There's also a Kiddie Coaster on the right of the image too.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Some nice pictures i found on Coasterfriends.de

111193d1339798426-neu-2013-mega-coaster-etnaland-etnaland-storm-2.jpg

111192d1339798424-neu-2013-mega-coaster-etnaland-etnaland-mine-train.jpg

111191d1339798418-neu-2013-mega-coaster-etnaland-etnaland-mine_train3.jpg

The Mine Train will cost over 10 million euros with theming and will be 21 m tall and have a track length of 579 m.

Lofty

CF Legend
SO glad to see a new layout for a "Mine Train Coaster". I'm looking forward to seeing progress to be honest.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
The Storm is now complete, I think it is crazy that they have a coaster that will open in 2013 but is actually ready for the second half of this season.
179547_10150938901923751_527250532_n.jpg

Lets hope we get some testing footage of this Mack Megacoaster soon.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ That support doesn't look very... attatched, to the footer. I must be looking at it wrong.

the king

Mega Poster
It's meant to be like that. The groundworks crew place some special cast things and pour in concrete to fill up that space. Anyway, it should be interesting to see this begin testing. Though I wonder how the cars will look like. I do think MACK have made enough blue coasters. But that's my opinion.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ AS we've said, countless times. It's nothing to do with Mack about making their coasters certain colours, blame the parks.

I'm very excited to start seeing testing, BUT, the fact it only opens in 2013 makes me think that we're going to be waiting a HELL of a long time for this to be operational. I hope to start seeing more theming go up around this coaster.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I could see the cars being either orange or gray with storm cloud theming. I could see that looking pretty awesome...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Coasterfreck said:
The Storm is now complete, I think it is crazy that they have a coaster that will open in 2013 but is actually ready for the second half of this season.

Unlucky example, but wasn't Led Zeppelin finished a similar period before opening day at HRP?

Lofty

CF Legend
Coasterfreck said:
Only just noticed this thanks to the above.

As Martyn said, they're building a whole park, not this coaster. The theming, station, queue line, promotional material & the ride itself not being signed off will all be facts as to why they're not opening it. SO in other words, it's NOT actually complete.