What's new

Epcot | Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind | Vekoma Omnicoaster | 2022

Ben

CF Legend
The show building is absolutely ****ing massive. You can see it from basically everywhere in Orlando, it’s absolutely enormous. It’s far and away the biggest (looking) showbuilding at Disney it’s insane.

Those pictures honestly still don’t do it justice.

Pear

Strata Poster
The show building is absolutely :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing massive. You can see it from basically everywhere in Orlando, it’s absolutely enormous. It’s far and away the biggest (looking) showbuilding at Disney it’s insane.

Those pictures honestly still don’t do it justice.
Which is why the fact that they're not going to theme it but just put light blue paneling around it is a horrible decision.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Temporary track-storage for Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster :

Dt3SffaVAAAxQPS.jpg

Aerial view of Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster track. In a backstage area reached from Sherberth Road.

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I really hope they at least stick some giant character cutouts or paint some murals on the walls. I know it's kind of away from everything else but it's still a highly visible building. It isn't QUITE a generic box but it's not too far off from that either.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
Having to check the expected delivery date about this coaster made me think that it could be an interesting info to have the year on each roller coaster construction thread title.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Having to check the expected delivery date about this coaster made me think that it could be an interesting info to have the year on each roller coaster construction thread title.
It's Disney. Everything takes bloody forever so it's just expected now. Plus opening dates change and delays happen, I imagine it's probably just easier to leave it as it is.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's extremely easy to edit thread titles. I do agree that it would be good info to have in the title although it might make the title line a bit too crowded.

In the automotive industry, we always include the program's model year in everything we do. Most programs slip their timing a bit so instead of typing MY19, we just start typing MY20.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
It's Disney. Everything takes bloody forever so it's just expected now. Plus opening dates change and delays happen, I imagine it's probably just easier to leave it as it is.
Well I'm not specifically thinking about this coaster in particular but all of them :emoji_grin: I know opening dates change, but so does the name and even the manufacturer sometimes ! I just thought it would be convenient in order to follow up with the upcoming coasters schedule.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I really hope they at least stick some giant character cutouts or paint some murals on the walls. I know it's kind of away from everything else but it's still a highly visible building. It isn't QUITE a generic box but it's not too far off from that either.
It looks like it's been painted to be as anonymous as possible, to try and blend in with the trees and sky around it.

Ethan

Strata Poster
So I'm assuming the track inside the show building is already in place but it's hidden? Or are they feeding it in another way? I assume the former because the roof is down but I could be wrong.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So I'm assuming the track inside the show building is already in place but it's hidden? Or are they feeding it in another way? I assume the former because the roof is down but I could be wrong.
I have a feeling it's a bit of both, to be honest. The big stuff may already be in, but on the back half of the building (not shown in the Tweets above) you can see a much larger opening on the back of the building.
Given that the side doors look to be standard HGV size roller shutter doors, this one on the back is much larger. Probably big enough to get a small-ish crane in, I'd have thought. I'd have thought the biggest factor would be how big the track pieces are, which is something they could presumably design for.