What's new

Energylandia's Future Additions

Benenen

Hyper Poster
In other energylandia news... apparently the atrocious "monster attack" dark ride shooter thing is being changed to some sort of haunted house style attraction, so hopefully it won't be as much of a waste of space as it was before.
What's your source on this JammyH? I rode the Halloween overlay last year and thought it was much improved over the original. It was still very budget and felt homemade but it was fun and the actors had great costumes and masks.

A park of this size and with such an emphasis on family attractions is crying out for a proper dark ride. Does anyone know if the proposed dark ride near Zadra was postponed or completely scrapped? There's that huge building where the Halloween mazes are that I presume was meant for it but what's that building actually used for? And same with Aqualantis, there was a big scenic boat ride in the plans but looks like it was replaced by the Junior Boomerang from looking at the 2020 map. Anyone know if the boat ride plans will still be kicking about for a potential expansion or is that just wishful thinking?

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
What's your source on this JammyH? I rode the Halloween overlay last year and thought it was much improved over the original. It was still very budget and felt homemade but it was fun and the actors had great costumes and masks.

A park of this size and with such an emphasis on family attractions is crying out for a proper dark ride. Does anyone know if the proposed dark ride near Zadra was postponed or completely scrapped? There's that huge building where the Halloween mazes are that I presume was meant for it but what's that building actually used for? And same with Aqualantis, there was a big scenic boat ride in the plans but looks like it was replaced by the Junior Boomerang from looking at the 2020 map. Anyone know if the boat ride plans will still be kicking about for a potential expansion or is that just wishful thinking?
Regarding the scary house: Me and some SSC member got that info talking face to face with Energylandia's representatives, so it's confirmed.

Regarding the boat ride: it's still being displayed on the website so it looks like it will interact with the boomerang.

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I'm not sure mate, the bit on the website where it lists the Aqualantis attractions doesn't mention the Boomerang and also still promotes a 4th April opening so it's not at all up to date. I think it's likely the boat ride has been cancelled much like the Dragon Zone dark ride and the drop tower that was in the original concepts for Aqualantis. The park map shows no boat ride but then again it also shows the splash boats have heavy theming so clearly not a great source! Did the park officials you chatted to mention this boat ride? I'd absolutely love it to be a part of the new land.
97fafb72059b0648c3dd853944bd0f43.jpg

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Also what's happening with that blo*dy mine train track? New area or did they just buy it because it was kicking around Vekoma's factory and thought why not?
Maybe they just bought it together with other coasters and it's waiting for it's time, maybe, plans have changed and they will build it later, who knows ... Mine train was in the master plan ( We saw his piece that leaked to the internet, I described it here once)

Maybe they just bought it together with other coasters and it's waiting for it's time, maybe, plans have changed and they will build it later, who knows ... Mine train was in the master plan ( We saw his piece that leaked to the internet, I described it here once)
It does say that it is now opening in 2021, so hopefully it will be finished by the end of this year, going into next year

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
I just hope that one day the park will have the intelligence to put a transportation ride that goes around the park because last year it took us 15min to walk from Zadra to Hyperion and since the park is expected to get bigger and bigger it will be really long to walk from one point to another. Just look at what is the fastest path between Abyssus and Hyperion....
20200326_135944__01__01.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
At this point, I feel the parks line up is pretty solid as it is, I’d rather them focus on sorting out what they already have now, sort the theming out, improve the ride hardware, etc.

As great as rapid expansion is, it feels like park is almost ‘too big’ for what rides they’ve actually got. If that makes any sense?

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
At this point, I feel the parks line up is pretty solid as it is, I’d rather them focus on sorting out what they already have now, sort the theming out, improve the ride hardware, etc.

As great as rapid expansion is, it feels like park is almost ‘too big’ for what rides they’ve actually got. If that makes any sense?
Wonder if they'll go for SFMM's Record...

pawel98123

Mega Poster

They're doing it, they add new theming each year, and some details maybe each month. But expansion will not stop so quickly, they've got plans for 2024/25 I guess, and who knows what will be next, maybe improving what they have, maybe building more, we don't know.

Wonder if they'll go for SFMM's Record...

I think that's just the matter of time, by 2021 there will be 18 coasters, tilt is 19th... And Tilt is for 2021 propably