What's new

Energylandia's Future Additions

Rupert

Mega Poster
This is madness. For those who have been last season - is it already difficult to get through all the coasters in a day? Even with a nine-hour opening you’ll have to hit a coaster every 30 mins to get everything done, and that’s with no re-rides! I was hoping to avoid the cred anxiety I associate with Six Flags...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This is madness. For those who have been last season - is it already difficult to get through all the coasters in a day? Even with a nine-hour opening you’ll have to hit a coaster every 30 mins to get everything done, and that’s with no re-rides! I was hoping to avoid the cred anxiety I associate with Six Flags...

When I visited in 2018 (so missing the 3 added to Dragon Zone last year), I'd done all coasters, including a re-ride on Hyperion and Speed, their log flume and something else by about half 12. This was on a weekday and most things were on a reduced capacity.

With the addition of Dragon Zone, I reckon I'd have left the non-creds for later and probably still had them all done before 1pm.

I'd be curious what it's like on a busy day, but honestly I don't think it's much of a struggle time-wise to get them all done, even with the new ones coming this year!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ Yep I agree. Last year I went on a weekday in early May and got 6 rides on Hyperion, 5 on Formula, one or two on every other cred, water rides, the dark ride and a simulator done easily and still left half an hour early :) So you should be fine. If it's a bit busy then bear in mind about half of their creds are complete ****e so can be skipped. You'll doubtless be back again one day anyway!

It's a bit embarrasing that this park is inevitably going to claim the record for most coasters when they only have half a dozen that are actually any good.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Depends on the queues. When i visited last October, it was so empty, that they waited 5-10 minutes until the train was somewhat filled before dispatching. We were still able to get all the credits with ease, including multiple rerides. However, I'd suggest to plan in 2 days (or one and a half) to be able to get all the credits and a few rerides.

I am a little bit curious about their further additions. I remember them wanting to build a multi launched water coaster, which might have evolved into Abyssus. The Mine train is clear, same is the new Boomerang.
But i also remember them planning a tilt coaster, which has not been mentioned yet.

And, the final question: When will they get the (Vekoma) Giga? We all know it's going to happen in Energylandia :)

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
If you want to marathon them all it will take you like 5h/5h30 to do so if you have the courage to do it be prepared to ride a lot of crap in a row but knowing how the park is growing you can let some.creds on the side and say "heh I will be back at this park soon" like I did in 2018 ?

Trax

Hyper Poster
I just found a hint about the Tilt coaster in their financial statement of 2018:

1583594867525.png

54.735.000zl are roughly 13,5 million € or 15,25 million $
The interesting part is the last line: Project realisation: July, 1st 2019 - June, 30th 2020. Could it be that the Minetrain tracks are indeed a tilt coaster track? Would be strange if Vekoma used this style of track again, but with less than 4 months to go, this project either got cancelled or has had to be prepared until now in some way.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I'm guessing that's good?
I don't actually know, it would be good if someone more knowledgable would be able to clarify if these are good profits of a park of this size? Obviously they are receiving sizeable amounts of funding to incorporate major additions.

I'm assuming parks like Phantasialand must be turning over 20 million euros profit every season to be able to afford new projects such as rookburgh and klugheim, however obviously their price points are much higher as everything in Poland is much cheaper, and therefore it would make sense for profits to be comparatively lower (Phantasialand has 2 mil visitors a year, I think I heard somewhere that EL is approaching the 2 mil visitor mark now so similar attendance).

To be turning profits into millions of pounds is only a good thing, as it will be able to keep the park running and will be able to contribute to major additions in the future once their funding runs out.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I'm assuming parks like Phantasialand must be turning over 20 million euros profit every season to be able to afford new projects such as rookburgh and klugheim,

The owner of Phantasialand has owned Mirabilandia until 2006, when he sold the park for arround 100 million €. That money has probably been used to pay for the redesign of the Berlin area, Chiapas and Klugheim, while using the earnings from the park itself to save money for Rookburgh. Technically, Phantasialand has probably only paid for Rookburgh with its own money.

BTT: 40m PLN earnings with only 165m revenue appears quite high for me, especially considering the expansion. Of course, most projects are using a loans, so the major costs would have started in 2018 with Hyperion, last year Zadra and 2020 Aqualantis. But is it possible that those 40 million are not considering taxes?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I can't give context as to what is good or bad for a theme park's profit, but let's keep in mind that in 2018 the park opened a brand new coaster (Hyperion), opened a coaster which should have opened the previous year (Speed), and no doubt improved and expanded its commercial and entertainment offering. All of that would have come under 2018 spending presumably. So after all of that, they've made that money back, plus all of their operational costs, plus an extra £8.5 million. It's hard to imagine that that can't be called "good" in any way.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Seems like somebody installed a huge washing machine in Zator IMO... But I’m not complaining ??

They have a bank balance of over £100M!!! Even after these investments!

pawel98123

Mega Poster
I just found a hint about the Tilt coaster in their financial statement of 2018:

View attachment 7918

54.735.000zl are roughly 13,5 million € or 15,25 million $
The interesting part is the last line: Project realisation: July, 1st 2019 - June, 30th 2020. Could it be that the Minetrain tracks are indeed a tilt coaster track? Would be strange if Vekoma used this style of track again, but with less than 4 months to go, this project either got cancelled or has had to be prepared until now in some way.

I checked the Financial statement and under this information about Tilt you can read that they bought Tilt Coaster, sell it and get it in the leasback... And I guess they did it to not lose their subsidy. They were not able to build it that fast so they did something like that. (But I can be wrong)

Another information
EL loans and credits :
(Payable: over one year) ≈ 174 mln PLN
(Payable: up to one year) ≈ 49 mln PLN

Other financial liabilities :
(Payable: over one year) ≈ 82 mln PLN
(Payable: up to one year) ≈15 mln PLN

Summed up :
(Payable: over one year) ≈ 257 mln PLN
(Payable: up to one year) ≈ 64 mln PLN

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
Depending on how their financing exactly works, they might have to have a fairly decent amount of money on their bank account as a security for loans. At least for german theme parks (and companies an general), I know that most investments will be made using a bank loan, even if the money is there; a bank loan gives you advantages for taxes, while every single Euro you make as a profit will be heavily taxed.

Also, keep in mind, that some loans might have to be repaid later (e.g. after opening), so we might not have seen the impact of Hyperion on their spendings. You see, many unknown variables have to be taken into consideration. I am really curious for their numbers of 2019, as Hyperion will be definitely included, and maybe the Dragon Zone as well.

Anyway, 10 Million € as earning, is probably half the price of Hyperion, if not more, which is really impressive considering the young age of the park and the corresponding attendance. If they keep those numbers up, they might be able to afford a new Hyper Coaster every year :D

@pawel98123
Thank you! Those numbers are really interesting to see.

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
All the revenue include Energy 2000. Aren't that there two night clubs in Poland and their energy drinks?

So it seems, that the whole company is profitable, but it really doesn't say anything about whether or not the park itself makes money or not. If I am right.

pawel98123

Mega Poster
All the revenue include Energy 2000. Aren't that there two night clubs in Poland and their energy drinks?

So it seems, that the whole company is profitable, but it really doesn't say anything about whether or not the park itself makes money or not. If I am right.

Energy 2000 is a different company (only music club's, I think that they're not selling energy drinks anymore), "Energy 2000 sp. z o.o. Energylandia sp. k." is amusement park company. So the financial statement applies to the park only.

mblack1994

Roller Poster
Is this the vekoma that they starting to build? From the Energylandia website
Disco Coaster – This is something nobody has seen yet!
An absolutely astonishing premiere – this ride will treat you to a dose of adrenaline and fun like you have never experienced before!
Aqualantis – set in the fascinating times of Antiquity – versus the dynamic, extreme, and simply mad Disco Coaster, generating unbelievable G-force!

This ride features alternating speeds, and it’s completely different in its construction and formulas from any roller-coasters you have known… Riding this coaster means a truly dynamic start, crazy spinning, and out-of-this-world G-force effects!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200308-131352.png
    Screenshot_20200308-131352.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 83

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Is this the vekoma that they starting to build? From the Energylandia website
Disco Coaster – This is something nobody has seen yet!
An absolutely astonishing premiere – this ride will treat you to a dose of adrenaline and fun like you have never experienced before!
Aqualantis – set in the fascinating times of Antiquity – versus the dynamic, extreme, and simply mad Disco Coaster, generating unbelievable G-force!

This ride features alternating speeds, and it’s completely different in its construction and formulas from any roller-coasters you have known… Riding this coaster means a truly dynamic start, crazy spinning, and out-of-this-world G-force effects!

No, disc'o coaster is not from vekoma, black Track is for the boomerang coaster ( clone of Saven). Mine train track ( red-ish ) is already waiting in the park.