What's new

Energylandia | Zadra | RMC I-Box

Hutch

Strata Poster
You still have to remember - it's only 5 years old, and already got a Intamin Hyper and RMC. For now, they're already preparing ground for Vekoma mine train and Vekoma Shockwave+ (double launch, track already has arrived and is waiting for assembly). We're still lacking theming, but they're slowly adding it. If they focused on theming that much from the beginning, right now they would be at the start of assembling Hyperion.
Even more reason to hold off visiting this place. If they're getting another Vekoma launch and the eventual tilt coaster (and who knows what else), I'm better off waiting some years to visit. Maybe they'll actually have some theming put in as well (at least put a bunch more trees in!).

Don’t get me wrong, because Phantasia is my favourite park, and Liseberg not far behind, but those parks each only have 2 great coasters really. So it depends if you are a coaster enthusiast or theme park enthusiast. Because EL has 3 good coasters, more on the way, some bigger mid to lower tier thrill coasters, and don’t forget Lech down the road. What I’m trying to say I guess, is, take away the kiddie creds, and EL still has more coasters to offer than both of those parks, especially if planning to visit after the shockwave!
I'd still rather choose Phantasialand, Europa, Liseberg, etc over Energylandia in a heartbeat. Sure, Energy has a stupid amount of coasters and a few great ones, but other than that the park leaves much to be desired. It's just a bunch of rides placed on flat land (or at least that's how it seems to me). And I'm still not convinced that Energylandia will have the best coaster lineup... I just took another look at their lineup on RCDB and a vast majority of the rides are either look crap or forgettable. Remember, quality or quantity. And those other parks I mentioned still have great coasters (I mean, come on, Taron).

I want more than just great coasters. Six Flags Magic Mountain is another example of this. They got X2, Tatsu, Twisted Colossus and a so many other decent coasters, but I'm not that eager to visit the park because Six Flags generally sucks at other aspects that make a good park (theming, staff, overall feel, etc).

Dollywood is probably my favorite park I've been to and they arguably only have one fantastic coaster (Lightning Rod). But that's all you really need so long as the rest of the park is actually nice. Knoebels and Holiday World are other examples.

TL;DR: As someone who's only done two European parks (Alton & Thorpe), I'd be a fool to prioritize Energylandia over great parks like Phantasialand, Liseberg, or Europa.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Six Flags Magic Mountain is another example of this. They got X2, Tatsu, Twisted Colossus and a so many other decent coasters, but I'm not that eager to visit the park

You should go ride X2

Plus Twisted Colossus when it duels, tatsu, riddler's in the back right row, back left is also good, Superman for that amazing 6.5 seconds of 0g, and so much more.

Yeah, it's not the best looking park, but you're surrounded by national forest and parks/mountains, so it's beautiful, videos don't do justice. It's a way different vibe from the east coast. Being that Tatsu is so high up off the ground, it really does feel like you're flying over the mountains. I mean, it's a hyper coaster in terms of highest point to lowest point. And that 124 foot Pretzel loop? So Intense!

Last edited:

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
You should go ride X2

Plus Twisted Colossus when it duels, tatsu, riddler's in the back right row, back left is also good, Superman for that amazing 6.5 seconds of 0g, and so much more.

Yeah, it's not the best looking park, but you're surrounded by national forest and parks/mountains, so it's beautiful, videos don't do justice. It's a way different vibe from the east coast. Being that Tatsu is so high up off the ground, it really does feel like you're flying over the mountains. I mean, it's a hyper coaster in terms of highest point to lowest point. And that 124 foot Pretzel loop? So Intense!

Always wanted to go to Magic Mountain ever since seeing Colossus (now Twisted Colossus) and Revolution in Lampoon's Vacation as a kid. Didn't manage to get there when I was a teenager visiting California with my parents in the 90s.
I think MM was on the itinerary of RCCGB's 2020 US trip, which I'm hoping to do, but I believe that is up in the air at the moment due to the weak pound. Will see what happens with that.

But I'll probably be riding Zadra well before Twisted Colossus regardless. ?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looking at the POVs of Zadra, looks fab. If I'm honest though, I'd say Untamed looks better, the pacing of Untamed just looks so good.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Looking at the POVs of Zadra, looks fab. If I'm honest though, I'd say Untamed looks better, the pacing of Untamed just looks so good.
I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up agreeing with this. Untamed is moment after moment in rapid succession with no breaks in the madness, this look more drawn out. Time will tell.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up agreeing with this. Untamed is moment after moment in rapid succession with no breaks in the madness, this look more drawn out. Time will tell.
For me this is exactly the opposite. I always prefer more drawn out elements. For me the fact that it was just them trying to put as much ejector in Untamed as possible, ruined it. A longer sustained ejector/floater hill >>>>> 10 short bursts of ejector. (for me) The only elements I really liked in untamed were the first 2 (The first three in fact as the drop was also good)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
For me this is exactly the opposite. I always prefer more drawn out elements. For me the fact that it was just them trying to put as much ejector in Untamed as possible, ruined it. A longer sustained ejector/floater hill >>>>> 10 short bursts of ejector. (for me) The only elements I really liked in untamed were the first 2 (The first three in fact as the drop was also good)
I like both. Well i say that, let’s be honest, Untamed is the first non stop ejector machine in Europe, certainly the first I’ve ridden, I’ve experienced nothing like it, so maybe novelty effect comes into play. We do however have lots of floaty air time don’t we? So whilst I also enjoy floater, especially the type of floater Shambhala gives, it’s nothing new to me.

Maybe when I’m a little better travelled outside of Europe the novelty with ejector will wear off, maybe not.

Either way I can definitely understand your reasoning. There is more ejector in Untamed’s single layout than the UK has as a whole with 358 operating coasters. Even if you don’t like ejector, you must agree, that is a sad state of affairs. ??

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Flight prices to Poland are through the roof! Almost 400 euro for a return flight.

Nah, I am going to hit the park some other time (with hopefully more creds!).

Booked myself in for a three day appointment with Dr. Zadra for much needed Rocky Mountain medicine in September. Avoiding POVs like the plague!

It's not like you are going to have any spoilers. Safe to say that this will ride as well as it looks in videos or even better!

pvnks

Mega Poster
Flight prices to Poland are through the roof! Almost 400 euro for a return flight.

Nah, I am going to hit the park some other time (with hopefully more creds!).

It's not like you are going to have any spoilers. Safe to say that this will ride as well as it looks in videos or even better!
We managed Bristol to Katowice for £80 for September 19 thru 26 with Wizz Air if that helps.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
We managed Bristol to Katowice for £80 for September 19 thru 26 with Wizz Air if that helps.
We’re there at the same time I think?

I’ll be Legendia 22nd, Energylandia 23rd and 24th

Also Stanstead to Katowice Sun 22nd to Weds 25th Ryanair still under £60 return. Just checked.

5DC03BE6-F58E-410F-B4D5-6B404895A940.jpeg

pvnks

Mega Poster
We’re there at the same time I think?

I’ll be Legendia 22nd, Energylandia 23rd and 24th

Also Stanstead to Katowice Sun 22nd to Weds 25th Ryanair still under £60 return. Just checked.

View attachment 6104
Wild! Exactly the same with a third day as an option on the 25th.

We've rented a car if you're in a bind, Nicky.

Where are you based?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Wild! Exactly the same with a third day as an option on the 25th.

We've rented a car if you're in a bind, Nicky.

Where are you based?
I’m planning to be based in Katowice, but haven’t actually booked accomodation yet, so could change that, what about you?