What's new

Energylandia | Zadra | RMC I-Box

bernatc22

Mega Poster
So the tale goes like this:

-Zadra is announced- US enthusiasts: wow this looks like a top tier RMC Energylandia fans are so lucky!

-Zadra opens, with no significant changes to the original layout- US enthusiasts: meh this looks like a mediocre RMC with no standout elements, it's quite a boring addition and won't be one of the better RMCs.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
So the tale goes like this:

-Zadra is announced- US enthusiasts: wow this looks like a top tier RMC Energylandia fans are so lucky!

-Zadra opens, with no significant changes to the original layout- US enthusiasts: meh this looks like a mediocre RMC with no standout elements, it's quite a boring addition and won't be one of the better RMCs.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I must have missed this.. who said it was mediocre? As far as I could tell, Dar.. a European.. said it was mediocre. I, on the other hand, said it would be good to great as did several other US enthusiasts. You must have missed a few.. pages. The butt hurt right now is REAL and it has me dying. ?

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I must have missed this.. who said it was mediocre? As far as I could tell, Dar.. a European.. said it was mediocre. I, on the other hand, said it would be good to great as did several other US enthusiasts. You must have missed a few.. pages. The butt hurt right now is REAL and it has me dying.
I'm in no way butt hurt... I'm honestly just glad another great RMC is in Europe (as everyone who lives nearby should be) LOL.
I'm just sayin the overall comments and opinions post-construction have been somewhat demeaning to Zadra when personally I'd say it is easily a top 3 RMC and top 5 in Europe...

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I'm getting so bored of reading on this forum how things compare to the hype or how overrated or underrated things are. It's all we ever talk about as of the last few months. The original thread for overrated/underrated coasters was fun for a bit but it's spilled out into every other topic. Everyone seems so excited to see things as worse or better than the 'common view' and a lot of discussion is now centered around that. I get that it's interesting to compare your thoughts to those of others or your own expectations but this thread has been a bit wacky the last few days. Just enjoy the coaster for what you make of it rather than worrying what some American who's ridden 7+ RMCs thinks of it.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
Just to answer the statement RMC can't innovate any longer : they could add launches to their rides. Not talking about a LR like launch, but give me an RMC with one of these crazy ass S&S air launch, and then I'll start to be seriously excited! ( Have it in Phantasialand and I'll cry ;))

Last edited:

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Just to answer the statement RMC can't innovate any longer : they could add launches to their rides. Not talking about a LR like launch, but give me an RMC with one of these crazy ass S&S air launch, and then I'll start to be seriously excited! ( Have it in Phantasialand and I'll cry ;))
Launched RMC for Phantasialand confirmed. Only way to have a low to the ground one :p

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
I can't wait for somebody who has actually ridden this to tell us how it was

Oh hai! Sorry I didn't take the time out of my one day at this park in a foreign country that I have limited time in to write a ****ing trip report using this park's absolute **** wi-fi for you. Here I am now!

All of the elements deliver- the most impressive looking one (Stall), is probably the least satisfying- and that's not to say it isn't satisfying, just that everything else about this ride is absolute aces. On the surface, it looks like it might have a brevity problem, like Goliath, but it feels fairly complete, because everything delivers. The little low-to-the-ground transitions were fantastic, and nicely filled in a short(er) layout. My favorite moment may have been the turnaround after the first drop. It's hard to decide. The first drop delivers. The airtime hill delivers. There is an "oh ****" moment on the outward banked turn. It's been said before, but this is what Goliath could have been. Oh well, because it isn't, and Zadra is.

Last edited:

FOMO Coaster

Mega Poster

y4JpDbI.jpg

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Oh hai! Sorry I didn't take the time out of my one day at this park in a foreign country that I have limited time in to write a ****ing trip report using this park's absolute **** wi-fi for you. Here I am now!

All of the elements deliver- the most impressive looking one (Stall), is probably the least satisfying- and that's not to say it isn't satisfying, just that everything else about this ride is absolute aces. On the surface, it looks like it might have a brevity problem, like Goliath, but it feels fairly complete, because everything delivers. The little low-to-the-ground transitions were fantastic, and nicely filled in a short(er) layout. My favorite moment may have been the turnaround after the first drop. It's hard to decide. The first drop delivers. The airtime hill delivers. There is an "oh ****" moment on the outward banked turn. It's been said before, but this is what Goliath could have been. Oh well, because it isn't, and Zadra is.

Cool man, thank you!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Don't lump us all in with Snoo. We about to throw hands.

Tangent: Also, I find it funny those who always bitch about Americans being uncultured for only traveling in the US are the ones complaining about not being able to travel to the US due to funds. I've bitched about this a lot, but when the second closest actual park from the 4th largest city in the US is 5 hours away, it makes sense why we get the creds here.

I'm trying not to overhype this thing, because I don't want to be disappointed, but the back row POV is all I needed. I did say I wasn't going to watch a POV and I've found and watched multiple several times. I'm a whore. First step is acceptance right?

This ride is the greatest hits of elements, which I dont understand the complaints? We have a new element for the first big one, the best looking stall since Goliath, and just stupidness after. Sure we've seen the elements, but who gives a ****. Seriously.

For more drama, tune into Snoo and "Mike" throw down on the latest episode of The Drunk Riders this Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
The stall might be the popular element that everyone's hyping up, but that outer bank turn might be the real winner there.

I have no idea when I'd get around to riding this. Zadra has shot up towards the top of my bucket list coasters, but honestly I'm more likely to tick off the Sweden and German parks before Poland (and I'm not sure when I'll get to those countries... hopefully within the next few years).

Zadra and Hyperion look amazing, but honestly Energylandia as a whole seems a bit crap. It kind of reminds me of the Paramount Parks: 2 or 3 great coasters, but then like a dozen of **** creds, not much theming or real charm. I'm more eager to visit the Phantasialands and Lisebergs before I start to think about Energylandia.

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
The stall might be the popular element that everyone's hyping up, but that outer bank turn might be the real winner there.

I have no idea when I'd get around to riding this. Zadra has shot up towards the top of my bucket list coasters, but honestly I'm more likely to tick off the Sweden and German parks before Poland (and I'm not sure when I'll get to those countries... hopefully within the next few years).

Zadra and Hyperion look amazing, but honestly Energylandia as a whole seems a bit crap. It kind of reminds me of the Paramount Parks: 2 or 3 great coasters, but then like a dozen of **** creds, not much theming or real charm. I'm more eager to visit the Phantasialands and Lisebergs before I start to think about Energylandia.

You still have to remember - it's only 5 years old, and already got a Intamin Hyper and RMC. For now, they're already preparing ground for Vekoma mine train and Vekoma Shockwave+ (double launch, track already has arrived and is waiting for assembly). We're still lacking theming, but they're slowly adding it. If they focused on theming that much from the beginning, right now they would be at the start of assembling Hyperion.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

Don’t get me wrong, because Phantasia is my favourite park, and Liseberg not far behind, but those parks each only have 2 great coasters really. So it depends if you are a coaster enthusiast or theme park enthusiast. Because EL has 3 good coasters, more on the way, some bigger mid to lower tier thrill coasters, and don’t forget Lech down the road. What I’m trying to say I guess, is, take away the kiddie creds, and EL still has more coasters to offer than both of those parks, especially if planning to visit after the shockwave!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The park has stated 63m which is a little over 206ft in height. Maybe Gwazi will tie this height or there was just less certainty at the time of the announcement.
Well actually I think you'll find that the website states the coaster is 63.8m tall, which is 209.3ft.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Wow... RMC themselves said this would be the tallest Hybrid in the world, the web site lists it as so... Can we please put that to be now, this IS taller than SteVe, and will be taller than Gwazi.