What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
They may be getting a Vekoma Shockwave, building what will likely be the best roller coaster in the world with Zadra, and have Hyperion already, but that doesn't change the fact that they have nearly a dozen kiddie and family creds.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
They may be getting a Vekoma Shockwave, building what will likely be the best roller coaster in the world with Zadra, and have Hyperion already, but that doesn't change the fact that they have nearly a dozen kiddie and family creds.
alot of them being cheap, they will probably just fill up a room with miner mikes to get the most coasters in the world.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That's quite the claim right there, but the rest is undeniable. Zadra, Hyperion, and an extended Shockwave are an amazing trio, but it's actually kind of annoying just how much crap they have. Like 4 SBF Visa clone models, 2 kiddie/family coasters under construction, and no sign of stopping. Good thing is it's a possible +16 depending on how much of a whore you are

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
And we still have the proposed reimagined vekoma tilt coaster and mine train yet to come. Yes they have a lot of kids coasters but it's not like they have a disappointing lineup is it? Take just Hyperion, Zadra, Formula, the Shockwave the 3 vekoma juniors and Splash and you already have a better lineup that almost any park in the UK and most of Europe.

Anyway some more shots of the rather nice blue shockwave track from the skyscrapercity thread.

IMG-3327.jpg 4C94CF7.jpg IMG-3323.jpg

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=159449533#/topics/1557590?page=1906

Kalistos

Mega Poster
And we still have the proposed reimagined vekoma tilt coaster and mine train yet to come. Yes they have a lot of kids coasters but it's not like they have a disappointing lineup is it? Take just Hyperion, Zadra, Formula, the Shockwave the 3 vekoma juniors and Splash and you already have a better lineup that almost any park in the UK and most of Europe.
I agree with you. To be honest some people have asked for theming and all, but I would rather have them just put more and more high quality thrill coasters (lacks of a B&M for me) and don't really care about the rest. Let this place just become slowly the Cedar Point of Europe.

peep

CF Legend
Wow, the track looks huge in those new pics.

I also agree that not every park has to be heavily themed. Sure that's my preference but I kinda liked Energylandias initial tacky attempt at some theming. You can tell it was just cheap and quick for the initial phases. The new area looks a lot more like the style of the entrance which is a bit more substantial and its already been pointed out that the Hyperion theming is decent.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Anyway some more shots of the rather nice blue shockwave track from the skyscrapercity thread.

View attachment 5235 View attachment 5236 View attachment 5237

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=159449533#/topics/1557590?page=1906
Three Vekoma juniors? Is that including the family boomerang?

cookie

Giga Poster
Compared to the efforts they're putting into sprucing up the larger stuff like Hyperion, Zadra, Formula, Speed, Dragon, Mayan, Boomerang, the park entrance etc. I got the impression the more fairground-ish rides were meant to be temporary, stuff that can be easily replaced once the park is fully developed and has the attendance to support itself without additional EU funding.

Last edited:

pawel98123

Mega Poster
I know we are all distracted by Zadra, but has this started being put up yet?

(trying to convince myself that its much more sensible to hold out until 2020 to go back there rather than rushing over like some goon this year)

Not yet, I would expect the start of construction either with the completion of the Zadra construction or after the end of the season.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

(trying to convince myself that its much more sensible to hold out until 2020 to go back there rather than rushing over like some goon this year)
Sod that, wait for Zadra to open, then get yourself over there! Within a year or two there’ll most likely be more than one reason to ‘revisit!.’

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster

Was hoping to hear something about this Shockwave model too. It looks great.
Hoping it would be up by April / May 2020 as I think I'll head out to Energylandia and Legendia then.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

No point waiting M'lord, every year there is something new and they have big plans for the next 5 years.
It's actually my home park at the moment, been there more than any other park in the last 2 years lol.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ ha, well I have missed that boat now - I have a few days booked off around the B/H weekend which fitted this alleged 15th August (tomorrow FFS!!!) opening date for the RMC and was trying to convince myself not to rush off to Poland again (since it would have been <12 months since we gooned off to see Hyperion anyway). Anyway I convinced myself I'd have to rush off and see the Shockwave too this time next year and so am now going to Oslo that weekend instead! :)

Are you are around the park anytime after August 15th then? ;-)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ ha, well I have missed that boat now - I have a few days booked off around the B/H weekend which fitted this alleged 15th August (tomorrow FFS!!!) opening date for the RMC and was trying to convince myself not to rush off to Poland again (since it would have been <12 months since we gooned off to see Hyperion anyway). Anyway I convinced myself I'd have to rush off and see the Shockwave too this time next year and so am now going to Oslo that weekend instead! :)

Are you are around the park anytime after August 15th then? ;-)
Yep, got another work trip in a month. Not holding out much hope that it will be open though.

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
Oof I'm here near Krakow untill Tuesday and we're still in denial, pushing our visit as far back as possible but yeah, this thing won't open within a week I'm afraid...