What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh my! So let me get this straight; this ride is for 2020? Wow; that's their 3rd major thrill coaster in 3 years, and that's excluding the other smaller coasters!

I'm going to make a bold statement; I could genuinely see this park holding the record for most coasters in one theme park within the next 5 years!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Do we know if that account is official?

Not saying that I doubt that the concept art is real; it looks professionally done, fits in with what we know about the ride, etc. Chances are that's real.

But that account isn't linked on Vekoma's website and hasn't been active in 2 years. Just seems odd...

Skip6788

Roller Poster
Do we know if that account is official?

Not saying that I doubt that the concept art is real; it looks professionally done, fits in with what we know about the ride, etc. Chances are that's real.

But that account isn't linked on Vekoma's website and hasn't been active in 2 years. Just seems odd...

Yes it is official. If you doubt it...just send a PM to the account or email Vekoma. ?‍♂️

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Someone commented on on one of my videos that it would indeed have a splash down section a few weeks ago. That statement is turning out to be true going by that image. Looks legit.

I know for a fact that the local construction contractors who worked on Zadra are starting on this and the coaster will indeed "go underground" 7 times which is the challenge with this particular one. The fan made POV looks quite accurate.

I think it could be Atlantis themed putting this all together. How about Atlantyda for its name?

Seems like theming wise the park is upping its game and some inspiration has been taken from Phantasialand.

Last edited:

pawel98123

Mega Poster
I'm pretty sure it's a coaster for Energylandia ... in the distance you can see the free fall tower (there was information that it will appear) and the entrance from the new courtyard to the "water element" zone. A new courtyard will be built in the future along with a new year-round entrance zone;)

peep

CF Legend
That concept art is incredible. I was skeptical it was for Energylandia (thought maybe somewhere in China?) but @pawel98123 is rather convincing and those details are interesting.

If it looks anything like that it'll easily be the nicest part of the park. Also, for next year? I don't doubt it, not after Zadra. Exciting times.

JKM

Mega Poster
This render seems like to be made for Energylandia, though each coaster in this park used to have one like this. Non come into reality, besides Hyperion... We can expect tunnels and water sections, but not like on this picture.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Hasn't the park received a lot of EU funding to boost tourism though?
The park has declared that it has received about 75 million PLN (around €17million) from EU subsidies mostly to construct the park.
To put that in perspective however, the Northern Irish Film Industry has received about the same amount of money, mostly to help with the production of Game of Thrones at the Titanic Studios in Belfast.

Most of the construction of the recent coasters appears to be funded by the owner Marek Goczał who is a coaster fanatic himself through his own funds and business deals with other investors.

JKM

Mega Poster
By Maldo_krm
xxF2Isb.jpg

VpMfEat.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I still can't quite place where this is going? Is it going roughly behind Formula / adjacent to the new Dragon area? Or somewhere else?