What's new

Energylandia | Choco Chip Creek | Vekoma Minetrain | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I put this in the other thread… Can’t keep up haha.

Mine train is testing, and it valleyed during testing. Lots of work still to do on the station building.

But most promisingly, there is a lot of latticework going up around the layout for larger theming structures.

I don’t think we’re talking huge mountains and indoor sections here, but certainly much bigger theming elements than the piles of ‘dragon poo.’

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I was there last week. The new coasters/area aren't open yet, but the coasters look more or less good to go.
Coasters have looked ready for ages, probably around 2 years in the case of the mine train. I swear it was Autumn 2020 when we first saw it looking complete.

@FOMO Coaster just posted an update again though, 30 odd minutes ago... if anybody wants to go check it out... (He really is by far the best source for EL! Thanks for the work that you put in Fomo)

It looks like it's just a few structures that need completing... Like this one. But there's a lot more images up, I really do recommend you go and like his facebook page if you're interested in EL updates.

299439139_1084290679129975_6296860762473439464_n.jpg

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
Coasters have looked ready for ages, probably around 2 years in the case of the mine train. I swear it was Autumn 2020 when we first saw it looking complete.

@FOMO Coaster just posted an update again though, 30 odd minutes ago... if anybody wants to go check it out... (He really is by far the best source for EL! Thanks for the work that you put in Fomo)

It looks like it's just a few structures that need completing... Like this one. But there's a lot more images up, I really do recommend you go and like his facebook page if you're interested in EL updates.

View attachment 19646

This building won't be completed this season. They purposely divided opening of Sweet Valley in 2 phases, with second one being this building. Don't worry, they'll open Sweet Valley without it anyway.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This building won't be completed this season. They purposely divided opening of Sweet Valley in 2 phases, with second one being this building. Don't worry, they'll open Sweet Valley without it anyway.
Oh I know that, but there are other small areas that need completing too, on the main midway through the area. :)

I've an idea of when it will open, as I suspect, so have you... I've spoken to a couple of people who both said the same, but as nothing is certain at this point, it's probably best people don't go making plans based on it... Sure we'll get an official date soon ;)

Christian

Hyper Poster
I think EL's massive expansion has caught up to them. They have already established themselves as the top park in Poland and are gaining attendance every year. Now they are wisely expanding a bit slower to not have to end up being bought at bankruptcy auction by Merlin or Parques Reunidos. They already have massive capacity which they are not utilizing so no need to expand that fast anymore. EL is more than 4x bigger than Liseberg but have lower yearly attendance.

Christian

Hyper Poster
But what’s happened to the Tilt??? That was EU funded. Were they given an extension (maybe due to covid,) Or has something else happened?

It think it negotiable by blaming covid, supply chain, etc. Even without covid, Romania has plenty of EU funded projects opening many years after deadline. Nothing ever happened to the funding.