What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I know Covid will have had its impacts, but I still find it crazy that this was meant to be a 2020 investment and there's still quite a lot of work to do, to the point we're not expecting this to open until July.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Well, Six Flags has still not been testing their new for 2020 ride, and their 2019 ride opened 2020, without COVID.
EL on the other hand has opened 2 Hypercoasters + 1 Megacoaster in 2 years, not talking about the supporting rides they built along it. In addition, their other 2020 ride (Zadra) has opened 2019.

I am quite sure, they would have been easily able open it in 2020, but decided not to do so due to COVID. I remember seing the area at the end of the 2018 season, it was already amazing that they have built a themed area within the following 9 months.

I just hope that they will increase the pace again, it was really great to visit a park on a yearly basis and always find new areas to explore. Currently, they appear to plan 2 hotels + a indoor waterpark, but in terms of Rollercoasters, I believe except for the Tiltcoaster, there are no public plans for now.

UP87

Mega Poster
If that's how they implement the concept of Jora Vision I don't have any more questions. As Jora Vision I'd not like to be openly attachted to this project if it strays so far from the concept. I hope to be wrong but everything I've seen so far looks like a cheap chinese knockoff of the designs we know.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
If that's how they implement the concept of Jora Vision I don't have any more questions. As Jora Vision I'd not like to be openly attachted to this project if it strays so far from the concept. I hope to be wrong but everything I've seen so far looks like a cheap chinese knockoff of the designs we know.
Why do you say "Chinese knockoff". Why sound so condescending? If you've actually seen theming at Chinese amusement parks you'd realize that it's better than just about anywhere else on Earth. From what I've been to China Dinosaur Land, World Joyland, and Haichang Ocean Park felt on par with Universal with regards to theming.
Look at construction photos from Fairytale Land in Hainan. If that's knockoff theming, I don't want whatever it's modeled after!!

I will agree however, the theming for Abyssus looks tacky and cheap. Hopefully final touches will bring it together, but I won't be holding my breath

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cheap knockoff would've done.

Or better yet - cheap Six Flags knockoff.

Many, many Chinese parks blow our European locals out the water. :D

bmac

Giga Poster
The pictures I've seen of Abyssus make it appear like more effort was put into themeing and appearance than most of the parks in the US. Looks a lot better than slapping up a wood shack and tacking a bunch of random garbage to it and calling it a themed experience.

That's just my two cents though, I'm not used to parks putting much effort into the themed entertainment experience outside of a couple of parks in Florida and California.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I am definitely an EL fanboy, so I would take this with a pinch of salt, but…

I think it looks great. It looks to be at a slightly better level than dragon zone, and I love that area.

Dragon zone doesn’t photograph particularly well, looks too shiny, new and somewhat plastic, but it’s a really nice area to be in. I think this is similar in that respect. Plus I think the water etc will really help bring it together.

UP87

Mega Poster
I'm deeply sorry for the chinese comment. That was not fitting and even somewhat racist. I didn't mean it that way. It's something you say in tech (you shouldn't say it there either!) and it wasn't focussed on theme parks at all. I really agree that I saw quite a lot of chinese parks that look awesome! And yes there are a lot of parks all around the world that don't do theming the way they promise or add a lot in artworks that just won't be there. Look at the dense jungle and waterfalls in the Kondaa artworks.