What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Ah sorry mate I missed this. Yeah if I had been paying attention maybe that could have worked out, although I think you maybe you had left before I arrived... not entirely sure! Maybe next time :)
Nah we were at western camp Monday to Friday, so we were there Thursday night also ???

What did you think of Western Camp? I genuinely love the place... I always enjoy it more than any hotel!!! Fire pits are free to book btw... And unlimited free wood... So if travelling with friends a few beers and burgers around the camp fire is a perfect end to the day!

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Nah we were at western camp Monday to Friday, so we were there Thursday night also ???

What did you think of Western Camp? I genuinely love the place... I always enjoy it more than any hotel!!! Fire pits are free to book btw... And unlimited free wood... So if travelling with friends a few beers and burgers around the camp fire is a perfect end to the day!
Ahh I see! Well, if you saw a shaved-headed, glasses-wearing man doing a romantic tango with a wasp at breakfast (first sitting), that would have been me!

We arrived late on Thursday and checked-out before hitting Energylandia, so my only real experience was walking round the lake after breakfast. It was very cute! The fire pit areas looked fun. We had a ‘log-cabin room’ which was quite roomy for two (and cheap). The walk to Energylandia and McDonalds was pleasingly short and there was also the shuttle as an alternative. All in all, I’d deffo stay there again - was quite impressed and it would be particularly good going as a group for late night beers, as you mention!

My only caveat (for anyone interested in staying) is that if you’re desperate for a quiet night and/or privacy (...?!) then you’d obviously be better off with a hotel room as there wasn’t much sound-proofing ?

Cheers for the tips for the future stay!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Ahh I see! Well, if you saw a shaved-headed, glasses-wearing man doing a romantic tango with a wasp at breakfast (first sitting), that would have been me!

We arrived late on Thursday and checked-out before hitting Energylandia, so my only real experience was walking round the lake after breakfast. It was very cute! The fire pit areas looked fun. We had a ‘log-cabin room’ which was quite roomy for two (and cheap). The walk to Energylandia and McDonalds was pleasingly short and there was also the shuttle as an alternative. All in all, I’d deffo stay there again - was quite impressed and it would be particularly good going as a group for late night beers, as you mention!

My only caveat (for anyone interested in staying) is that if you’re desperate for a quiet night and/or privacy (...?!) then you’d obviously be better off with a hotel room as there wasn’t much sound-proofing ?

Cheers for the tips for the future stay!
Yes we noticed it got a LOT noisier from Thursday too!!! Lots of groups having drinks in their cabins Thursday evening... Not sure why when drinking around the fire pits is not only better, but they’re away from accommodation and it’s encouraged with their own mini bar staying open later than the main bar!!!

It’s also worth mentioning though, that if not in a cabin, the outdoor cinema can also be heard quite late from the chuck wagons and tipis. We always go Cabin now though, private bathroom. :)

I feel bad for taking this off topic. But back on topic, the trim doesn’t seem to bite as hard as I’d feared, it’ certainly NOT a ‘holding’ trim as I was worried it might be. :)

Trax

Hyper Poster
I saw lots of work going on last week, including 2 test runs of Abyssus. The issue is, I stood in line for Zadra for the first one, and the second one ended while I was on the lifthill...

Trax

Hyper Poster
A friend of mine was in the park today, and spotted some green tracks laying on-site next to the Minetrain tracks. I asked im to take some pictures tomorrow, he only spotted them from the lifthills.
As far as I know, the green tracks are new, probably for the next expansion (or maybe together with the Minetrain?)

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
A friend of mine was in the park today, and spotted some green tracks laying on-site next to the Minetrain tracks. I asked im to take some pictures tomorrow, he only spotted them from the lifthills.
As far as I know, the green tracks are new, probably for the next expansion (or maybe together with the Minetrain?)
Did I read somewhere a while ago that 'Dragon Roller Coaster' is going to have a brake run added this off season so they can run 2 trains? If so maybe this is it?

wojok040

Roller Poster
It might be it. We know, that they have two trains already. Second one is in storage - they even replaced the old one with new one this year. Old train color is orange, new is blue.

Trax

Hyper Poster
He checked, and I have to disappoint you. Apparently, the supports for the Minetrain looked green-ish from the lifthill.
Sorry, now new coaster...yet

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
He checked, and I have to disappoint you. Apparently, the supports for the Minetrain looked green-ish from the lifthill.
Sorry, now new coaster...yet

Was there yesterday and yes, looks like the supports for the minetrain coaster. There are actually tons of dark green supports, track pieces, railings and more.

Seems like the coaster is just waiting to be build now.

792E9C90-8078-4FC1-ABAF-ECF6B5412156.jpegB6C9CDF1-62B2-46AB-A52D-C919C993AB60.jpeg

Dar

Hyper Poster
Off-topic but I love the 'qty to deliver' & 'qty delivered' boxes. I know it's just boilerplate but I'd love to see the goods-in guy's face when just a tag turns up and he finally gets to put a '0' in the box!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I know Covid slowed them down and everything, but I can't be the only one thinking that Energylandia still would have struggled to complete and open Aqaulantis for this year, right? I mean, it's still not finished now! And it doesn't lend itself to be one of those 'open year 1, open with theming year 2' projects like many other European rides.

And wasn't one of the conditions of the EU grants that it was technically meant to open in April too (before Covid stuff of course)?

cookie

Giga Poster
I know Covid slowed them down and everything, but I can't be the only one thinking that Energylandia still would have struggled to complete and open Aqaulantis for this year, right? I mean, it's still not finished now! And it doesn't lend itself to be one of those 'open year 1, open with theming year 2' projects like many other European rides.

And wasn't one of the conditions of the EU grants that it was technically meant to open in April too (before Covid stuff of course)?
I mean trackwork was finished back in April and if Zadra proved anything they can get these things up extremely quick under normal circumstances. Plus, it wouldn't have been the first Energylandia coaster to open with incomplete theming even if it did.