What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Trax

Hyper Poster
I am wondering about that straight Airtime Hill... It's either going to be extremely intense, or it's going to be quite slow, still delivering decent airtime, but with the rest of the layout lacking in intensity. I am really hoping for the first one, it would be so amazing if you are getting a huge ejector moment in the middle of the ride to make it less predictiable.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I am wondering about that straight Airtime Hill... It's either going to be extremely intense, or it's going to be quite slow, still delivering decent airtime, but with the rest of the layout lacking in intensity. I am really hoping for the first one, it would be so amazing if you are getting a huge ejector moment in the middle of the ride to make it less predictiable.
Rest of the layout lacking in intensity? So I take it you've ridden it then?

We don't know either way but I think this will be intense. The turns and helixs look very tight and I think the batwing will feel similar to the sidewinder on Lech. The layout and shaping of the second half looks very similar to Lech and that is arguably one of the most intense coasters in the world.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
The hill that crosses over the second launch to the right (after the batwing and couple of turns) will have a lot of airtime and ejector I bet if the hill after the launch wouldn't satisfy you.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
If true, It would be interesting to see if they would ever use all trains... They get by with light queues running 2 trains during busy days on everything else, as there’s just so many rides there...

I was there in September on what definitely seemed like a "low day" and waited 40 bloody minutes for Hyperion as it was on one train with the slowest operations ever. Waited 30 mins for formula too as only running one train. Luckily Zadra was running two so was only a 20 min wait.

Just because it has the blocks to be able to run 4, doesn't mean it will run 4. My bet is it will run a maximum of 3, but more likely will run 2 on a standard operational day.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I was there in September on what definitely seemed like a "low day" and waited 40 bloody minutes for Hyperion as it was on one train with the slowest operations ever. Waited 30 mins for formula too as only running one train. Luckily Zadra was running two so was only a 20 min wait.

Just because it has the blocks to be able to run 4, doesn't mean it will run 4. My bet is it will run a maximum of 3, but more likely will run 2 on a standard operational day.

I was there in Sept :) One train ops was a thing for us too... though we never waited 40 minutes ?

Trax

Hyper Poster
I was there in September on what definitely seemed like a "low day" and waited 40 bloody minutes for Hyperion as it was on one train with the slowest operations ever.
Their 1 train operations can be very slow, especially on empty days were they let you wait inside the train for 5-10 minutes before dispatching - even though there is more than enoough staff present (on my walkon days, Zadra had 4 or 5 members of staff in the station, the same amount as for busy days) . But with 2 trains it's quite good.
Energylandia had some training sessions this winter in Europapark about operations, so I am really hoping they adapt some of Europaparks habits.

Last edited:

FOMO Coaster

Mega Poster
h78GZSv.jpg

ynnckstrm

Roller Poster
Update from May 20th:

The family boomerang has finished construction, the plaza takes shape and overall general theming is starting to be installed.
Looks like you enter the area under the Disk'o coaster, which looks really really cool imo!

I was originally supposed to be in EL last Friday and I'm wondering if covid wouldn't have happened, if the area would be completed by then. There seems to be plenty of work left to be done.