What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm kinda confused by the top hat, is that a holding brake on the drop?
No it's a trim, I hope it won't be too noticeable.

Construction has slowed down in the last week or so, I suppose it is to be expected that there will be lulls in the steelwork erection as they work on other stuff.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Yes, the coaster is going up fast, but you still probably need to add on an extra month for EnergyLandia to build the Worlds Longest Queue Line to get to the damn thing.
I wonder if the queue will be able to be shortened in a signifiant way. According to the preview videos, it looks more like a cattlepen, which would make it easy. Fridas queue can be shortened by about 50%, Zadras queue also features a short part which is usually blocked of - I think it is about 5% of the overall queue length.

Fun fact: I counted my steps in Hyperions and Zadras queue . Hyperion features 199 double steps (so 199 touchs of my right foot), from first stairs to turnstyles. For Zadra, it's 387. That means the overall lenghts are roughly 320m and 600m respectively (1.050 and 1.970ft) Will they go for the kilometer mark next?

I think we can all agree that Energylandia recently went for the longest queues (not lines) in the world. Speed, Hyperion and Zadra are insane. Or they expect an attandence of 25+ million people in 2025 - you never know :)

ynnckstrm

Roller Poster
I really hope Energylandia works on Zadras queue over the off-season and Abyssus queue will be able to be shortened by quite a bit.
Regarding Zadra: anyone that has been there has an idea if there is potential for the queue to be shortened?

edit: I hope this not too off-topic

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I really hope Energylandia works on Zadras queue over the off-season and Abyssus queue will be able to be shortened by quite a bit.
Regarding Zadra: anyone that has been there has an idea if there is potential for the queue to be shortened?

edit: I hope this not too off-topic
There is a section that shortens the queue, which has always been open on my visits, but I think that’s the only one, and it’s still INSANELY long with that bit open!

Edit: there is potential to add a shorter route / cut through on another part, (the back and forth on the edge of the park) but again it wouldn’t make a huge difference.

Last edited:

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
There is a section that shortens the queue, which has always been open on my visits, but I think that’s the only one, and it’s still INSANELY long with that bit open!

Edit: there is potential to add a shorter route / cut through on another part, (the back and forth on the edge of the park) but again it wouldn’t make a huge difference.
It would still make the walk shorter by like a minute

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Can take this opportunity to plug @LooperOne 's queue walk through video;
(unintentionally starring me!)

First shortcut 2m22s into the queue, second (unused one) at 3m20 and it takes until 4m50 to get to the other side of that.
Stupid ****ing queue.

Back OT : will Abyssus' line be longer ? ;)
Yeh the 3:20 is the only place I think they could add another cut through. Wonder why they never bothered... It’s such an obvious place.

edit: just realised you’re implying there is one there... We couldn’t find one and we actually looked to see if there was one... Although the theming on the fence being set back makes it look like there is one. I could be wrong, but I’m fairly sure there isn’t one, were you with me when we were looking for it @pvnks

Last edited:

davidm

Strata Poster
edit: just realised you’re implying there is one there...
Well there is definitely a gate there - you can see it chained up on the other side 90s later and the pathway on the floor goes underneath the fence - but whether that is actually just an access way into the structure rather than a queue-shortcut ; the evidence suggests the former perhaps.

SDaniel

Roller Poster
And here's a vizualisation of where everything will be according to the concept arts ! The empty corner at the top behind the restaurant and boat ride area looks strange... Is it the emplacement for the mine train because it looks like to be a quite large area of landView attachment 7810
The mine train will be a themed indoor coaster?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Well there is definitely a gate there - you can see it chained up on the other side 90s later and the pathway on the floor goes underneath the fence - but whether that is actually just an access way into the structure rather than a queue-shortcut ; the evidence suggests the former perhaps.
that’s one of the vehicular access points to the ride area... If you look at the part you mentioned 90s later you can see the same thing on the left for vehicles to access from outside of the entire queue area / ride structure.
ABD2D422-7176-43C9-8D07-38CEF222EF26.jpeg

pvnks

Mega Poster
Yeh the 3:20 is the only place I think they could add another cut through. Wonder why they never bothered... It’s such an obvious place.

edit: just realised you’re implying there is one there... We couldn’t find one and we actually looked to see if there was one... Although the theming on the fence being set back makes it look like there is one. I could be wrong, but I’m fairly sure there isn’t one, were you with me when we were looking for it @pvnks
Yeah buddy.

Every single time looping around Zadra; "I can't believe this bastard queue line... this can't be right... they can't have intended this"

JKM

Mega Poster
XiSy71X.jpg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I can't believe I was in Poland less than nine months ago and there's already reason enough to go back. crazy.

lets see what physics conferences are nearby this year... lol
I last visited in Sept... to ride Zadra... I planned another trip for the end of April with some buddies... Honestly we planned this trip with zero expectations of riding the new coaster... I can’t believe that there is a chance we may actually ride it!