What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

JKM

Mega Poster
83853034_2302570859844993_930759549512581120_o.jpg

Dressinggown

Roller Poster
Rubbish! You should go! If you don't enjoy it, than, who cares?
I would appreciate some advice:
I'm thinking of getting the advertised bus to Energylandia from Katovice but can't seem to find any website with any details. Would I be better hiring a car for my stay and having a night glamping at the Western Resort ? Anyway, it seems to be an interesting trip. Double Vodkas for £1.00 in Katowice bars will, undoubtedly, enhance the experience.

The missus and I are off to Gdansk on Friday !

Eluc

Roller Poster
EDIT: I moved my question to trip planning. Sorry for that. (My first post on a 5 year old account and it's not in the right place ;)

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
With every photo update I get a bit excited at the very slim possibility of this being open when we visit in April... Lots of track work complete, buildings at the roofing stage... They’re really moving quick!

Trax

Hyper Poster
With every photo update I get a bit excited at the very slim possibility of this being open when we visit in April... Lots of track work complete, buildings at the roofing stage... They’re really moving quick!
We are looking at Energylandia... the Park were the 2020 coaster opens in 2019 after a storm destroyed half of it’s structure.

Once the buildings are prepared, they will probably get 50 workers in there for theming and will finish the area quite quickly. Abyssus will probably need more testing than Zadra, just because LSMs are more complicated than a classic lifthill, but there should be plenty of time for testing once the work in proximity to the track is finished.
If it would be any other theme park, I‘d say summer 2020 at best, but with it being Energylandia, I am quite sure that we all can experience Abyssus in April if the coaster encounters no major difficulties.

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
We are looking at Energylandia... the Park were the 2020 coaster opens in 2019 after a storm destroyed half of it’s structure.

Well, not really. It was not scheduled for 2020, my sources say it was planned to open in June 2019. The 2020 date was just a deadline for EU grant as a requirement.

Trax

Hyper Poster
From what I know (but I have no insider knowledge) it has been scheduled for 2020, they then changed it to 2019 with the area opening 2020. Due to the storm, the area opened in 2019 (also not 100% finished) a few days or weeks before Zadra.

Anyway, EL is probably the only theme park which reschedules openings to be earlier.

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
From what I know (but I have no insider knowledge) it has been scheduled for 2020, they then changed it to 2019 with the area opening 2020. Due to the storm, the area opened in 2019 (also not 100% finished) a few days or weeks before Zadra.

Anyway, EL is probably the only theme park which reschedules openings to be earlier.

RCDB took 2020 opening date from the grant offer. It was not a scheduled date, but a deadline.